Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,310 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? (1110 Views)

Ways You Can Use Your Retirement Savings To Obtain Residential Mortgage / Your Retirement Savings Account Update / Invest In Your Future Now To Secure Your Retirement Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by lammyna(m): 10:04am On Mar 14, 2021
How are you preparing for your retirement? Let us learn from the retired members or expertise.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by ibechris(m): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
I am 37 years old and honestly,I must confess that retirement isnt a topic to get talked about by the unprepared folks because it has the tendencies of causing health challenges especially when the person or persons aren't prepared financially.

In my own case,i have designed ways to tackle these challenges that are plaguing most retirees and intending retirees. Currently,I have about 23years in service before i will retire and a father of 3 children.

The steps are as follow:
1 For the past 8 years I have invested in landed properties,since fixed income no longer works in our today's economy. I make sure,I purchase a land worth at least 2million every year from either at my state of residence or my village in the eastern region of the country.
2. So far, I have been able to invest a chunk of my money into real estate for the future, making it a total of about 5 lands and 2shops I have invested in.

3. This,I have been able to do to avoid the eating off of my money by inflation.

4. Engage in aggressive money savings habits to continue in helping me to buy the next land as a way to secure my future during retirement. This,I have been doing since the past 8years.

3.Create additional income

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by lammyna(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
ibechris:
I am 37 years old and honestly,I must confess that retirement isnt a topic to get talked about by the unprepared folks because it has the tendencies of causing health challenges especially when the person or persons aren't prepared financially.

In my own case,i have designed ways to tackle these challenges that are plaguing most retirees and intending retirees. Currently,I have about 23years in service before i will retire and a father of 3 children.

The steps are as follow:
1 For the past 8 years I have invested in landed properties,since fixed income no longer works in our today's economy. I make sure,I purchase a land worth at least 2million every year from either at my state of residence or my village in the eastern region of the country.
2. So far, I have been able to invest a chunk of my money into real estate for the future, making it a total of about 5 lands and 2shops I have invested in.

3. This,I have been able to do to avoid the eating off of my money by inflation.

4. Engage in aggressive money savings habits to continue in helping me to buy the next land as a way to secure my future during retirement. This,I have been doing since the past 8years.

5.Create additional income

This is lovely but it is possible with good and stable salary.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by yazga: 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
1. Keep your cost of living the exact same
2. Increase your income massively and continuously
3. Invest the difference
4. Retire young
5. Live life

The 5 Step Process To Retiring Young, Simplified.

This is would be a lovely discussion let me learn.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by lammyna(m): 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
yazga:
This is would be a lovely discussion let me learn.

Only if it will be moved to the front page then experienced retirees can give us some advises.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by leonard002(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
I'm following keenly. Mods a thing or two to learn here
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by yazga: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2021
lammyna:

Only if it will be moved to the front page then experienced retirees can give us some advises.
I hope it's moved to fp
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by ibechris(m): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
lammyna:

This is lovely but it is possible with good and stable salary.

It is possible with a steady income.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by Jossyfine(f): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
Am surprised this topics hasn’t caught much attention.Maybe because the folks in this forum are all youngsters.

Very interesting topic
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by Sijo01(f): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
A thread with great potentials.

Following.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by lammyna(m): 8:30am On Apr 22, 2021
Sijo01:
A thread with great potentials.

Following.

Nairalanders prefer reading other news that won't help them grow. I have tried all I could to chat with Seun or lala but to no avail. I even created threads like:

https://www.nairaland.com/6515100/why-most-husbands-died-before

https://www.nairaland.com/6466616/end-homeless-nigeria

We need to help ourselves because government won't.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by Denis08: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
I am investing in the stock market every month. I'm 25 and I already saved a little money for my retirement (I hope I retire in my 50s) but I know it's not enough so I'm searching for any tips to gain and save money. And I also I'm currently helping my grandparent to move into a senior house, the one we found in this blog seniorsite.org, so that's what made me think about my retirement.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Your Retirement? by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Denis08:
I am investing in the stock market every month.

Who is your stockbroker?

(1) (Reply)

What Is Fieldsmine??? / My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! / i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.