Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Before You Commit Suicide, Read This! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before You Commit Suicide, Read This! (162 Views)

I Will Either Commit Suicide Or Do The Other Thing I Am Tired / Having A Rough 2019 So Far? Read THIS / Someone About To Commit Suicide Needs Your Help - This Is Very Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Commit Suicide, Read This! by Ademola47(m): 11:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Good day, and happy Sunday Nairalanders.

In the past few years, the rate at which people are committing suicide is alarming. There's almost no single week without at least 5 reported cases of suicide, or attempted suicide on Nairaland (front page).

It pains me a lot to see people, mostly under 30's cutting their life short over (to me) stupid things.

You'll hear things like:

"Final year law students commits suicide after this girlfriend left him"
"Man drinks sniper after catching his wife on bed with his best friend"
"Father of 3 jumps into lagoon after being sacked"
"19-year-old 100 level student hangs himself for having carry over"

....And the caption goes on.

Ladies and gentlemen, that situation you have found yourself is temporary; trust me, you'll get disentangled soon.

That your girlfriend that left you because you are broke will surely come back to you when you regain your financial strength. Or even that your wife that always disrespects you, if you believe, you'll definitely regain your respect. Remember, if you commit suicide after break-up or divorce, thousands of ladies will walkover your grave with utmost disgust.

The woman you found cheating, will, as a matter of character, have more time and excuse to explore more men! She'll cheat over and over, but now in your eternal absence.

Common, give away the idea of cutting your promising life.

Aunty, did you see your boyfriend cheating with your sister? or even your newly-married husband cheating with his secretary? My dear, suicide is not the way out!
Once you commit suicide, you've given him a good excuse to cheat fully with that his mistress. They'll later marry at the end, and you'll be the biggest loser.

Or even you as a student, after failing a certain course several times, you have decided to end your life prematurely. Common bro/sis, that's childish of you. School is meant to prepare you for the rigours of the outside world. Your ability to handle failure, or even pure hatred and lecturer's thwart-inclined activities is a form of education on its own -Adversity Education. No amount of extra years is worth you

I still believe that it requires more courage to commit suicide than live.

If you commit suicide, 3 things will happen.
1. Your family and friends will be left in agony. They'll bear the emotional pains and scars.
2. Your dreams of a better life will be cut short.

And lastly, but most importantly,
3. Everyone will eventually move on.

I don't know if you are a Muslim, a Christian, an Ogun worshipper or an Atheist , but no doctrine supports suicide. It's a sin against Allah, God, the gods or nature.

Build your adversity quotient. Talk to someone reasonable about your condition. You'll be fine.

(1) (Reply)

Man Calls FBI To Report Fraudster Friend For Not Sharing Money With Him / NDLEA To Begin Drug Test On Students, Politicians, Religious Leaders, Others / Oyo Landowners Sold 200 Acres To Fulani Herders Who Terrorise Us –US Returnee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.