Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

. - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / . (3510 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Romance
Politics
Crime

Let's discuss.

Feel free to ask me anything. This is just an insightful, boring, fun and a certainly hidden thread. tongue
Re: . by Nazgul: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

If given power, how will you bring Nigeria's economy back to life??

FreeSpirited, now you have it.

Shock me.
1. As a president the first thing I'll do is to clean my house. Let's assume I get elected under APC, I must rid APC off corrupt elements if I'm to succeed.

Obasanjo did this in 1999 when he was elected, he retired all the generals that rigged him into power.

I'll make every old school politician in my government politically useless, if the make noise I'll send the efcc after them, freeze their account...etc. once I've eliminated the threat if godfatherism, I will be free to concentrate on my job as the president.

2. Pare down parastatals. Take it or leave it, there are over 500 government agencies in Nigeria, most operate as ghost agencies, and have become channels for embezzlement. For example I'll merge FRSC, EFCC, ICPC...into the police force. Every other parastatal that looks irrelevant will be closed down. Monies given to these parastatals must be accounted for or else heads will roll.

3. Tame white elephant projects. I remember the Lagos ibadan express way, more than 3 presidents budgeted millions for that roads, but year in year out, the road was still in progress. White elephant projects will not exist in my government, every project that is awarded to a contractor must be completed as complete funds will be made available for them. Projects under my leadership will not be an avenue to siphon funds.

4. Security. Experienced, tested and trusted generals will head the country's military, the police force will be reformed as well. And before I forget, I'll issue a law that anyone found with a gun who isn't a security personnel will face firing squad, the law must be enforced by relevant security operatives,

5. I'll work on the country's debt. Under the obsanjo administration, Nigeria was granted debt relief.

Truth is the balance sheet of the 36 states are sinking deep into the red, In a decentralized federal system like Nigeria’s, state budgets typically affect the lives of ordinary citizens more than federal spending does. State borrowing are very risky and must be addressed ASAP.

6. Infrastructure, Health Care, Education, Sports...I'll appoint seasoned hands with a history of success in that field as ministers, and support them with whatever they need to move their various ministries forward.

I'll stop here for now.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nazgul:

1. As a president the first thing I'll do is to clean my house. Let's assume I get elected under APC, I must rid APC off corrupt elements if I'm to succeed.

Obasanjo did this in 1999 when he was elected, he retired all the generals that rigged him into power.

I'll make every old school politician in my government politically useless, if the make noise I'll send the efcc after them, freeze their account...etc. once I've eliminated the threat if godfatherism, I will be free to concentrate on my job as the president.

2. Pare down parastatals. Take it or leave it, there are over 500 government agencies in Nigeria, most operate as ghost agencies, and have become channels for embezzlement. For example I'll merge FRSC, EFCC, ICPC...into the police force. Every other parastatal that looks irrelevant will be closed down. Monies given to these parastatals must be accounted for or else heads will roll.

3. Tame white elephant projects. I remember the Lagos ibadan express way, more than 3 presidents budgeted millions for that roads, but year in year out, the road was still in progress. White elephant projects will not exist in my government, every project that is awarded to a contractor must be completed as complete funds will be made available for them. Projects under my leadership will not be an avenue to siphon funds.

4. Security. Experienced, tested and trusted generals will head the country's military, the police force will be reformed as well. And before I forget, I'll issue a law that anyone found with a gun who isn't a security personnel will face firing squad, the law must be enforced by relevant security operatives,

5. I'll work on the country's debt. Under the obsanjo administration, Nigeria was granted debt relief.

Truth is the balance sheet of the 36 states are sinking deep into the red, In a decentralized federal system like Nigeria’s, state budgets typically affect the lives of ordinary citizens more than federal spending does. State borrowing are very risky and must be addressed ASAP.

6. Infrastructure, Health Care, Education, Sports...I'll appoint seasoned hands with a history of success in that field as ministers, and support them with whatever they need to move their various ministries forward.

I'll stop here for now.

1). How will you end godfatherism assuming you're financially dependent?

Contesting for presidency in Nigeria, you have to pay millions to billions of naira.
Mostly preventing youths from taking over.

How do you balance such?
Re: . by needanswer: 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nazgul:

I'll stop here for now.

1. Your point one, I don't think you have the powers to retire a civil servant unless his new post is by appointment.

2. You can't just close down agencies, they are established by decrees and Acts which are in the Nigerian constitution. So your executive powers cant work there, only the national assembly at your suggestion can look into the matter and lawfully review the constitution to strike of such decrees or Acts.

I cant type too long so I wont touch the other points.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
needanswer:

1. Your point one, I don't think you have the powers to retire a civil servant unless his new post is by appointment.

2. You can't just close down agencies, they are established by decrees and Acts which are in the Nigerian constitution. So your executive powers cant work there, only the national assembly at your suggestion can look into the matter and lawfully review the constitution to strike of such decrees or Acts.

I cant type too long so I wont touch the other points.

1) A retirement plan will be convenient enough.

2) Once he get's the power, he can demand for a change in the constitution which would be attended to quickly than when a common man makes such demands.
Re: . by Nazgul: 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

Let's deal with number one.

How will you end godfatherism assuming you're financially dependent?

Contesting for presidency in Nigeria, you have to pay millions to billions of naira.
Mostly preventing youths from taking over.

How do you balance such?
godfatherism is more of a state problem than a federal problem.

Yes I currently don't have the billions to singlehandedly finance myself if I decide to run for presidency, so I'll have to share my dreams and goals with party faithfuls and hope and pray that I'll be able to win them over to my side.

And to the best of my knowledge the money bags of the party who I'll be looking up to for financial assistance will be more interested in owning oil wells and wanting bogus contracts than actually controlling me, if I win.

My point is I wouldn't be controlled as a president cos I wield the highest power in the country.

1 Like

Re: . by Nazgul: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

2) Once he get's the power, he can demand for a change in the constitution which would be attended to quickly than when a common man makes such demands.
Exactly...
Re: . by needanswer: 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

1. Retirement plan is good but ONLY if they agree to it.

2. Just like I said but it wont come as a DEMAND but a SUGGESTION, cause there is division of POWER between the EXECUTIVE and LEGISLATIVES.

Both points raised above is in an ideal DEMOCRACY.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nazgul:

godfatherism is more of a state problem than a federal problem.

Yes I currently don't have the billions to singlehandedly finance myself if I decide to run for presidency, so I'll have to share my dreams and goals with party faithfuls and hope and pray that I'll be able to win them over to my side.

And to the best of my knowledge the money bags of the party who I'll be looking up to for financial assistance will be more interested in owning oil wells and wanting bogus contracts than actually controlling me, if I win.

My point is I wouldn't be controlled as a president cos I wield the highest power in the country.

In politics there's actually nothing like hope and you definitely don't share dreams cause everyone is most likely chasing same thing as you.

To win people over to your side requires money especially in a setting such as Nigeria. If you wake me up today and tell me that all the public officials entered there with their brain capacity, I'll forever regret waking up to your call.

Point three is quite valid cheesy
Making promises you can't fulfill just to get in there and change your mind. Now that's politics

Godfatherism (A very tough disease). Iretii0511 how will you be able to tame this if given the opportunity??
Re: . by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
needanswer:

1. Retirement plan is good but ONLY if they agree to it.

2. Just like I said but it wont come as a DEMAND but a SUGGESTION, cause there is division of POWER between the EXECUTIVE and LEGISLATIVES.

Both points raised above is in an ideal DEMOCRACY.

1) They'll surely agree to it. Just make their mouths oily enough.

2) Correct. Perdoñ the wrong use of English.
Re: . by needanswer: 10:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

1) They'll surely agree to it. Just make their mouths oily enough.

2) Correct. Perdoñ the wrong use of English.

Its okay. What's the topic about?
Re: . by Nazgul: 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
StacyO:

In politics there's actually nothing like hope and you definitely don't share dreams cause everyone is most likely chasing same thing as you.

To win people over to your side requires money especially in a setting such as Nigeria. If you wake me up today and tell me that all the public officials entered there with their brain capacity, I'll forever regret waking up to your call.

Point three is quite valid cheesy
Making promises you can't fulfill just to get in there and change your mind. Now that's politics

Godfatherism (A very tough disease).
Do you now believe what I told you yesterday that Nigeria politics is different from that of the Western world?

You have to fight dirty to get onboard, cos it's a dog eat dog situation out there, ordinary course rep election I contested for back then in school, I knew how I had to sweet mouth my colleagues to stand behind me knowing fully well that I won't live up to 20% of the promises I made.

So is Nigerian politics, take Obsanjo in 1999. Abdusalam released him from prison in 1998 and he was aware of the latter's plan to hand over to a civilian government. So he shared his ideas with some wealthy civilians (Oji Uzo Kalu was one of them) and some army generals cos he didn't have the finances to contest.

They stood behind him cos they believed in his dream. And he (Obsanjo) had hope that he will win. And as soon as he (Obsanjo) won, his first act as president was to retire from Lt. Colonel upwards.

So I disagree with you saying that there's nothing like hope in politics, cos hope is what drives you. Without it you can't keep going.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nazgul:

Do you now believe what I told you yesterday that Nigeria politics is different from that of the Western world?

You have to fight dirty to get onboard, cos it's a dog eat dog situation out there, ordinary course rep election I contested for back then in school, I knew how I had to sweet mouth my colleagues to stand behind me knowing fully well that I won't live up to 20% of the promises I made.

So is Nigerian politics, take Obsanjo in 1999. Abdusalam released him from prison in 1998 and he was aware of the latter's plan to hand over to a civilian government. So he shared his ideas with some wealthy civilians (Oji Uzo Kalu was one of them) and some army generals cos he didn't have the finances to contest.

They stood behind him cos they believed in his dream. And he (Obsanjo) had hope that he will win. And as soon as he (Obsanjo) won, his first act as president was to retire from Lt. Colonel upwards.

So I disagree with you saying that there's nothing like hope in politics, cos hope is what drives you. Without it you can't keep going.

Hope is quite good but, that isn't the main focus.

And let's equally admit that sweet mouthing equals bribery.

In a nutshell, you're claiming that the only way to deal with godfatherism is through delegating and seeking favor in the sight of those who wants one or two positions in government, in any case you get elected.

Doing this alone increases higher chances of corruption, threats(taking into example, cabals under this Buhari's administration) and let's assuming you signed an undertaking during this whole process.

The power you hold as a president has limits too unless you're a tyran like I mentioned.
Re: . by FalseProphet1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Bia wanyi, what's this your topic all about and why is everyone here commenting when your topic is just a dot. Ayam not understanding what's going on in here, and I can't seem to see anything from my mountain concerning it.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nazgul :

Most parastatals run under the state government and most likely controlled by the state.

In the light of this, the activities of this parastatals are most likely controlled by the state government which will most likely be accounted for by them (be it painting them in good light or bad and you'll most likely swallow whatever you're told cause they are the medium).

Agencies such as those below. I personally can't tell if they're still relevant but, I can tell they're all useless at this present moment (if they're still in existence).

Code of Conduct Bureau
Council of State
Federal Character Commission
Federal Civil Service Commission
Federal Judicial Service Commission
Independent National Electoral Commission
National Defence Council

Secondly, the police force has it's own main function. Merging all public acts or some of this agencies as one will lead to more incurred budgets or debts.

Equally, confusion might take a toll on the officers or citizens when criminals develop interest in that field.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Bia wanyi, what's this your topic all about and why is everyone here commenting when your topic is just a dot. Ayam not understanding what's going on in here, and I can't seem to see anything from my mountain concerning it.
Waka jeje my brother.

Greet thy lord for us.
Re: . by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
@nazgul

@StacyO

@needanswer - am strongly behind this guy's depositions, I will be back for you two up there.

Today is not a perfect time
Re: . by Nonyeadamu: 12:43am On Mar 16, 2021
StacyO:
Romance Politics Crime
Let's discuss.
Lomance ka mma
Re: . by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Nonyeadamu:

Lomance ka mma

Let's assuming you take in a career woman who has no time for you nor the kids, you on the other is always busy as well.

As a man now, you want the normal lovey dovey care from your supposed wife and you equally want a proper upbringing for your kids.

How will you get your career woman to balance the equation??
Re: . by Nazgul: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
Sorry for my delayed response, work stress...I would have preferred it much better if we had this debate on a weekend.

StacyO:

Hope is quite good but, that isn't the main focus.
It is my dear, cos you can't get what you don't hope for. I believe that you're still an undergraduate, the reason why you wake up every morning and strive hard against all odds to make it to your overcrowded lecture hall for early morning classes is the hope that one day after graduation, you'll be able to get your dream job and achieve your financial goals.

That hope is what drives you, despite being broke sometimes, weak, sick, sad, lonely, betrayed..It's what keeps you focused. Likewise every politician, the hope to access the country's apex office is a dream everyone will love to make a reality.

StacyO:

And let's equally admit that sweet mouthing equals bribery.
I disagree, would you accuse the average marketer or trader sweet mouthing you to patronize him of bribery? Of course you won't, same with politicians...pastors sweet mouth members to buy an ordinary anointing oil of N500 for over 10k, it all depends on how good you are with convincing people to support your vision. It has nothing to do with bribery unless of course you choose to give them money which you must be discreet about. I don't see how a sweet mouth is synonymous to bribery.

StacyO:

In a nutshell, you're claiming that the only way to deal with godfatherism is through delegating and seeking favor in the sight of those who wants one or two positions in government, in any case you get elected.
You didn't read or understanding my post, as a human being aspiring for a leadership position you need people to support your vision. Even if you're as wealthy as dangote, if no one stands behind you - you'll be as useless as the "P" in Psychology.

What I mean is that you can't achieve much in life if you disconnect from people, but how you relate with them matters a lot.

Back to godfatherism, the only way Nigeria can truly be free from godfatherism is if the consistution can be amended and political aspirants must be instructed not to spend a dime during campaigns, and purchase of party normination forms.
Also, unnecessary and bogus allowances for political office holders must be slashed or terminated as the case might be, domestic staffs must not exceed three person's, any additional staff will be paid from the personal pocket of the political office holder and not from the account of the government.

If this bill is passed by the house of assembly, and adopted into the consistution, the issue of godfatherism will become a thing of the past cos I wouldn't need billions to get me into office, all I need is a good speech, and a crowd that believes in my dream.

My point is if the financial hurdle aspiring politicians encounter on their way to achieving their political dreams is reduced to its barest minimum, there won't be any need for godfatherism anymore, thus eliminating it once and for all.

StacyO:

Doing this alone increases higher chances of corruption, threats(taking into example, cabals under this Buhari's administration) and let's assuming you signed an undertaking during this whole process.
Let me explain the Nigerian system to you. Nigeria is like a car which has been abandoned for 40 years, then you're contracted as a mechanic to get it moving on the road again with a stipulated time frame. You might try your best, but the truth is you will never be able to get that car back on the road till your time frame elapses.

The Nigerian system is corrupt, terribly corrupt. In fact currently in Nigeria, it's a crime not to be corrupt cos we've so legalized corruption that it has become part of our everyday lives.

The best any president can do is to try his best, but you see corruption in Nigeria, I don't see it ending anytime soon. That's the reality.

If I'm a president, I'll do my best to curb it by appointing ministers with a track record of integrity.

StacyO:

The power you hold as a president has limits too unless you're a tyran like I mentioned.
Every leader must be tough if you want your people to take your directives seriously. And yes it has limits. But calling toughness tyranny is very wrong of you.

In 1997-1998 the then military governor of Lagos Col. Marwa birthed a security outfit called operation sweep. Their job was to rid Lagos of hoodlums and uncleanliness. I witnessed live how they flogged lagosians with horsewhipes for littering the roads and gutters with refuse. Would you call marwa a tyrant for going tough on crime and lawlessness?

In 2004 Charles Soludo was elected as the new CBN governor. Between 2004-2009, he gave all existing banks across the country an ultimatum to either raise a capital base of 25billion or face liquidation. I can tell you here that so many banks were liquidated because of their inability to raise the said capital thereby plunging so many people into the employment market. Today our banks are strong and your money is safe...would you call Soludo a tyrant for reducing the banks in Nigeria from above 70 to less than 20 and making a considerable number of educated Nigerians jobless?

You must be tough, as a leader, ready to step on toes, that's the only way you can succeed. Most especially in a country like Nigeria where Nigerians more stubborn than goats. How you deliberately prefer to feel that being tough is tyranny is still what I don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nonyeadamu: 12:55am On Mar 18, 2021
StacyO:
akụkọ ifo
1. I'll stop assuming. 2. I'm a woman not a man.
Re: . by Truthabulabula(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Stacyo

Ask me a question.

Been long I saw you online, hope you good?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nonyeadamu:

1. I'll stop assuming.
2. I'm a woman not a man.
You shouldn't be here then.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry for my delayed response, work stress...I would have preferred it much better if we had this debate on a weekend.

@nazgul
I understand this clearly, life itself isn't easy.

Anyway, how's work and life in general?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
***It is my dear, cos you can't get what you don't hope for. I believe that you're still an undergraduate, the reason why you wake up every morning and strive hard against all odds to make it to your overcrowded lecture hall for early morning classes is the hope that one day after graduation, you'll be able to get your dream job and achieve your financial goals.

That hope is what drives you, despite being broke sometimes, weak, sick, sad, lonely, betrayed..It's what keeps you focused. Likewise every politician, the hope to access the country's apex office is a dream everyone will love to make a reality***

@nazgul

I think I concur with you on this argument to an extent.

For example, signing up a contract or perhaps or being called up for an interview.

You've got to show off your skills first, submit your portfolios and showcase your talents then HOPE on a better result or outcome.

I agree that hope is what keeps everyone's going but, there must be an input of something.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
***I disagree, would you accuse the average marketer or trader sweet mouthing you to patronize him of bribery? Of course you won't, same with politicians...pastors sweet mouth members to buy an ordinary anointing oil of N500 for over 10k, it all depends on how good you are with convincing people to support your vision. It has nothing to do with bribery unless of course you choose to give them money which you must be discreet about. I don't see how a sweet mouth is synonymous to bribery.***

I just realized bribery is different from sweet mouthing.

My bad

I fully agree with you on this one.

99.5%
Re: . by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
*******You didn't read or understanding my post, as a human being aspiring for a leadership position you need people to support your vision. Even if you're as wealthy as dangote, if no one stands behind you - you'll be as useless as the "P" in Psychology.

What I mean is that you can't achieve much in life if you disconnect from people, but how you relate with them matters a lot******

I concur
Re: . by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nazgul:

Back to godfatherism, the only way Nigeria can truly be free from godfatherism is if the consistution can be amended and political aspirants must be instructed not to spend a dime during campaigns, and purchase of party normination forms.
Also, unnecessary and bogus allowances for political office holders must be slashed or terminated as the case might be, domestic staffs must not exceed three person's, any additional staff will be paid from the personal pocket of the political office holder and not from the account of the government.

If this bill is passed by the house of assembly, and adopted into the consistution, the issue of godfatherism will become a thing of the past cos I wouldn't need billions to get me into office, all I need is a good speech, and a crowd that believes in my dream.

I disagree with you on this one.

I see very valid points however.

MODIFIED::
@nazgul the constitution as we all know can't be amended for now cause it's still very much in favor of most of this politicians.

I remember creating a thread I believe last year and someone opened gave an opinion as to how the constitution we such much bag on was just there.
I tried researching a bit more about it but, nothing came forth.

Now imagine a situation where by every citizen is free to contest for elections, on the foundation of zero money just brains.

Do you possibly think, a good leader will emerge?
Now, we haven't even talked about plagiarism, deceits and those that will have their brain said filled to the core but, will have nothing to offer the society.

Don't you think even university lectures, undergraduates and person's like Nnamdi Kanu would want to contest knowing fully well that it's all about the brain capacity?

Who would want to vote?

Come down to the north where they believe as one. Come down to the south where tribalism rules, who do you think will win in this brainy competition.

The voice of the people don't lie and the population of the north does justice to that.

EDUCATION IS POWER but, I don't think opening up the contest ground for every Tom, Dick and Harry that passed elementary school is ideal.

I agree with your second paragraph 100%
Re: . by Nazgul: 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
StacyO:

@nazgul
I understand this clearly, life itself isn't easy.

Anyway, how's work and life in general?
Fine my dear... we thank God.
Re: . by Nazgul: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
StacyO:

I disagree with you on this one.

I see very valid points however.
Which areas do you disagree with me...?
Re: . by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 06, 2021
Truthabulabula:
Stacyo

Ask me a question.

Been long I saw you online, hope you good?

Happy Easter (perdoñ, coming quite late).

Which areas are you okay with??
Re: . by Truthabulabula(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
StacyO:

Happy Easter (perdoñ, coming quite late).

Which areas are you okay with??

It's an honor getting a reply from thee me lady.

I'm open to any question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I want To Knack My Neighbor Who Have Big Backside / Nairaland Night Club, Guys Pick One Of The Nland Chick, And Hit The Dance Floor / Rich Sugar Mummy Looking For Sugar Boy From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.