Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner (4770 Views)

Petitioner, Police Lawyers Clash At Osun Endsars Panel Hearing / Soldier Kept Dancing While Shooting Lekki Protesters – Petitioner / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Lanrelagboi: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2021
The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA), has assisted a petitioner, Mr. Tajudeen Olabisi Saka, in securing a refund of N1.65 million from the seller of a defective Printing Machine earlier purchased.

Presenting the cheque to him on Thursday at the Agency’s office in Ikeja, the General Manager of LASCOPA, Mr. Afolabi Solebo (Esq), noted that it is part of the mandate of the agency to ensure the protection of consumers from all forms of unwholesome practices from sellers, producers and manufacturers in Lagos.

The General Manager stated that the Agency received a petition from Mr. Saka, complaining that the seller of a defective printing machine refused to give him a refund, saying that the Agency immediately commenced an investigation to verify the claims of the petitioner.

He said, “After investigation, it was discovered that the printing machine started developing faults from the installation stage, meaning the petitioner didn’t receive full value for his money. The issue was, however, settled with the refund of N1.65 Million to the petitioner”.

Solebo stressed that LASCOPA is empowered by the enabling law to put checks in place to ensure producers are mindful of maintaining acceptable product quality and standards.

While noting that the services of LASCOPA are rendered free of charge and at no cost to the consumers, he urged residents to take advantage of the opportunity by forwarding their complaints to the Agency to ensure their rights are protected.

The General Manager also enjoined consumers to submit their complaints by visiting the office of LASCOPA at 2B, Soji Adepegba Close, off Allen Avenue, Ikeja or send to the Agency’s e-mail addresses: lascopa@lagosstate.gov.ng and lascopa@gmail.com.
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1371369165030895620?s=19

Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by VirginSearcher(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Lol, does petition work in Nigeria?.. a country with an illiterate dullard as president.. under the olodo people I knew that had no interest in leaving Nigeria have all left and a lot on the way.. too bad!

Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2021
The General Manager stated that the Agency received a petition from Mr. Saka, complaining that the seller of a defective printing machine refused to give him a refund, saying that the Agency immediately commenced an investigation to verify the claims of the petitioner.

He said, “After investigation, it was discovered that the printing machine started developing faults from the installation stage, meaning the petitioner didn’t receive full value for his money. The issue was, however, settled with the refund of N1.65 Million to the petitioner”.
This is how things are done in the saner climes we all want our darling nation to emulate.
This is a very good step in the right direction.
This is a very very important agency for the common man.

But as usual, haters of anything good, haters of anything positive in life will never see any positives from this good news.
All they want to do with their miserable lives is to wail 24/7, no wonder they remain the way they are year in year out.
Negativity is in their DNA.....naturally.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by BruncleZuma: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2021
And it's news how? Government Agency does its job, breaking news. What is wrong with this country?

[img]https://media1./images/ce7e9a28c1115cedc635c11f4edb8b22/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by JosephXavier: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2021
If this fight can be taken to Computer village, Alaba and other parts of Lagos to reduce the level of substandard products customers always buy will be really recommendable

Even down East at Onitsha and other major markets in Nigeria. People are just there to rip you off your hard earned money by selling these fake products to you and the worst is that they know themselves
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Numerouno94(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2021
I luv this.
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by slawormiir: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Pochettino(f): 9:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Nothing wey Aisha nor go see ontop her matrimonial bed
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by PCG001: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2021

ռaɨʝa ʍʏ ċօʀռtʀɛɛgrin
աɦɨċɦ աaʏ❓❓❓undecided
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by directonpc(m): 9:36am On Mar 15, 2021
Good
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Reex12(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2021
Pochettino:
Okay. I'm sorry, I overreacted.

I was saying there is nothing Aisha won't see on her matrimonial bed.
Pochettino:
Do you know that there is nothing Aisha will not see on her matrimonial bed?
Pochettino:
Nothing wey Aisha nor go see ontop her matrimonial bed
Pochettino:
I say nothing wey Aisha nor go see ontop her matrimonial bed!! angry
This one is hungry for preek

Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Pochettino(f): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2021
I say nothing wey Aisha nor go see ontop her matrimonial bed!! angry
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by emwhyz(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2021
If i hear say you no collect your own share for this photo ops
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Pochettino(f): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2021
Do you know that there is nothing Aisha will not see on her matrimonial bed?
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Maxymilliano(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2021
Good
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by sojfarm: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2021
BruncleZuma:
And it's news how? Government Agency does its job, breaking news. What is wrong with this country?

[img]https://media1./images/ce7e9a28c1115cedc635c11f4edb8b22/tenor.gif[/img]

Such is good to create awarness for those who are suffereing in silence of similar issues
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Pochettino(f): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2021
Okay. I'm sorry, I overreacted.

I was saying there is nothing Aisha won't see on her matrimonial bed.
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by aLott: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2021
1.65 mills!!

____

LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263088_get01_jpeg244697957fd2ba75d65b1ca5c1b7fa09

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263092_marr01_jpeg76110f727b4c2b1a435bfd5533a37bf3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263090_aa01_jpegd02f1f05ba2ae046ce617eb0204cc519

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263094_of_jpegbff4bac45bc461931b269c5bb272f34b
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Authoreety: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2021
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Reex12(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2021
wahala be like lascopa
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by GreaterFuture(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2021
Good I guess
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by BruncleZuma: 9:45am On Mar 15, 2021
sojfarm:

Such is good to create awarness for those who are suffereing in silence of similar issues
You know that's why the National Orientation Agency exists right?

Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by sammyj: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2021
I hope this good job will continue and hopefully people will not exploit the process!! wink
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by Alejobs: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Good development! More to come....Nigerian suffer because many times we don't seek redress and give it up for God to deal with
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by sojfarm: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2021
BruncleZuma:
You know that's why the National Orientation Agency exists right?

Yes, at the federal level. Need them to be functional just like Dora Akunyili was activie during her tenure/her days at the NAFDAC
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by BruncleZuma: 11:41am On Mar 15, 2021
sojfarm:

Yes, at the federal level. Need them to be functional just like Dora Akunyili was activie during her tenure/her days at the NAFDAC

NOA is in every state just like FEMA, there's also Radio Nigeria and the Various State Sponsored radio stations.

Anyways man kudos to them.
Re: LASCOPA Secures ₦1.65 Million Refund For Petitioner by sojfarm: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2021
BruncleZuma:

NOA is in every state just like FEMA, there's also Radio Nigeria and the Various State Sponsored radio stations.

Anyways man kudos to them.

Thanks for this conversation bro.

But to me, I thinks the federal government is over-burdened

Whoever Wears This Bifran Rigalia must Looks Like a Native Doctor / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Behind N3 Billion Tramadol Linked To Abba Kyari / Monday Sit At Home IPOB Terrorist Beheads Two Abokis Graphic Photos