Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Lord's Glorious Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord's Glorious Name (132 Views)

Praise The Lord's Glorious Name / The Lord's Glorious Name / Battles That Face Glorious Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Glorious Name by 1nice(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Psalms 29 : 2
Praise the LORD's glorious name; bow down before the Holy One when he appears.

God is Glorious in everything he does. Everything God has created show his glory and reveal how Glorious God is.
Many people do not understand the true meaning of Glorious God. They seek to understand what make God Glorious and where that name Glorious God come from. I will be teaching you how to understand the meaning of Glorious God.
God is a Glorious God and all he does is full with his glory. The blessings of God upon his people reveal his glory.

First what is glory? Glory is anything impossible that was made possible. Glory is anything good that bring happiness, relief and make people stand in awe and surprise. Then I will explain what Glorious God is.

Psalms 29 : 3
The voice of the LORD is heard on the seas; the glorious God thunders, and his voice echoes over the ocean.

Glorious God is one of the names the people of God use to refer to the LORD of the heavens and earth. This name Glorious God can be found in the scripture in the book of psalm 29 : 3.
Glorious God is a name that make people understand that everything that God does and created reveal his glory and carry his glory. The Glorious God is the Creator of the heavens and earth. The creation of God which is the heavens and earth and sea and everything in them show God's glory ; it shows God's glory by letting everyone to see the wonderful things of God and how powerful God is.
God is a Glorious God and want his creation to show his glory. God want his people to reveal their glory by the good works they do in accordance to the scripture which contains the word of God.

JOHN 2 : 11
Jesus perform this first miracle in Cana in Galilee; there he revealed his glory, and his disciples believed in him.

Jesus Christ the son of God was able to show his glory which also reveal the glory of God by turning water into wine in a wedding in Cana, which was recorded as his first miracle. He was able to reveal the glory of God by the help of God.

ACTS 3 : 1 - 10
1 One day Peter and John went to the Temple at three o'clock in the afternoon, the hour for prayer. 2 There at the Beautiful Gate, as it was called, was a man who had been lame all his life, Every day he was carried to the gate to beg for money from the people who were going into the Temple. 3 when he saw Peter and John going in, he begged them to give him something. 4 They looked straight at him, and Peter said, "Look at us!" 5 So he looked at them, expecting to get something from them. 6 But Peter said to him, " I have no money at all, but I give you what I have: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I order you to get up and walk!" 7 Then he took him by his right hand and helped him up. At once the man's feet and ankles became strong; 8 he jumped up, stood on his feet, and started walking around. Then he went into the Temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God. 9 The people there saw him walking and praising God, 10 and when they recognized him as the beggar who had sat at the Beautiful Gate, they were all surprised and amazed at what had happened to him.

Peter and John were able to show the glory of God by healing lame man through the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
So every member of the people of God can also show the glory of the Glorious God to the world by the help of the Glorious God, who makes the impossible possible and does wonderful things and powerful things.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Put your trust in God and pray to him to help you reveal his glory to the world. Glorious God will always be praised by all his creation forever and ever Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Something New March 17 / "And He Went A Little Farther, And Fell On His Face, And Prayed." / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:friday , April 2, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.