Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... (277 Views)

Military man Narrates When He's Life Was Vanity after encounter with shekau / Peter Obi Explains How Buhari Could Have Ended ASUU Strike In One Month (Video) / UNGA: Buhari Says He'll Crush Boko Haram But No Mention Of IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
How Do People Communicate with Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But We Didn't

Some days ago, I was reading the thread where Boko Haram Commander-In-Chief Shekau was lambasting Sheikh Gumi for standing up for the ransom-seeking bandits. What?!?

I tried to figure out exactly what was going on. For example, how come DAILY NIGERIAN could obtain the about 2-hour-long audio from the terrorist commander as reported? Who is in contact with the Sambisa-based terrorist cell?

Next, the Kaduna State Governor was mentioned in the report as having criticized Gumi for the outreach. So, Shekau and El-Rufai openly share a media-verifiable position when it comes to Gumi's outreach!?! Can YOU feel something here?

I went ahead to consider so many other things. My people, I believe I've arrived at how we can join hands as a people to end this spate of insecurity troubling us by ourselves. So, I'm here to share my findings and suggestions. I'm doing this openly all because it requires all hands - at least most hands - to be on deck.

We basically need to use our power of knowledge to overcome the situation. As you will see, this is going to be far easier than we could ever imagine. This is what we should have done long long ago but we kept complaining instead. However, it's not too late yet:
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
FIRST, WE NEED TO HAVE A GOOD REASON - AT LEAST***

Yes, humans are why-asking creatures as you all know. So, let's clarify our reason for urgently standing up and standing in for ourselves and our families at these auspicious times.

I can tell you many reasons why we must get up and do something. But, let me tell you just ONE for now - to save time and space. This is it: GOVERNMENT MAY EVEN BE BEHIND THESE TERRORISTS AND THINGZ (mods remember, I only said 'may' - conjectures are not a crime, you know. OK, that's by the way).

Why I mentioned government is not actually that I'm suspecting them oh but, hmmm!... it's SO THAT WE SHOULD ALL STOP WAITING FOR GOVERNMENT AND DO WHAT ONLY WE CAN DO FOR OURSELVES AT THIS TIME. Or, what do YOU think?

Yes, this is a discussion, not a lecture. Therefore, go ahead and air your thoughts too even as I continue. After all, you too could have been a senator if things were right (as it must be soon).
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
NOW, LET'S REMEMBER (ANOTHER REASON)...

A few years ago, it was only Boko Haram we were talking about. But, since the Buhari Second Coming, the armed groups have multiplied - from ISWAP to ransom-seeking bandits in the North to killer herdsmen everywhere and more.

So, if we fail to ask and answer the right questions NOW and ACT accordingly, believe me, in a few years from now, the whole country will be overrun by such armed groups as mentioned above - all because there will be many more of them.

Imagine that happening! Just try to imagine what the scenario would look like and you have a good reason on your hand for supporting this cause.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
WHAT THEN? WE STILL HOLD THE REIN OF POWER UNLESS WE ARE NOT WILLING TO USE IT

I've been asking myself very deep questions and I have a bit of an answer - in fact, to avoid being humble but fake, I have what I am sure to be the answer to these marauders. It involves a mass ACTION.

But, don't worry because there will be no need for coming out to the street. And, no one needs to bear arms as well. Instead, our mass action is going to be far more of digital and mental (or spiritual) than physical. Yes, the digital is a power we have but we are not using it enough. Same as the spiritual (not about any religion though).

NOTE: The whole of this sharing is holding here on NL. But, if you want to also be listening to the audio versions of the board posts, kindly indicate your interest by commenting 'interested' so that I can dm you (lest the Mods become the Mads, haha! - yes, one may laugh even in Nigeria you know).

Meanwhile, how I wished Lalasticlala would help more Nigerians to link up here. Lala abeg, do this as a service to country and countrymen.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
A SERIOUS MATTER THOUGH

We should be laughing many things off if we want to live longer and happier in spite of any situation (secret number one). But that doesn't mean we should become fools doing that. So, while you expect us to get humorous from time to time in this family discussion, I BEG YOU to take this very very seriously. Otherwise, you and/or your family back home may just become either slaves in an anarchy or refugees in another country in a couple of years from now.

Well, no one wishes or prays for that among us the true citizens of this place. But, we've got to be ruthlessly realistic even if it's for once.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

We're saying we have what it takes to STOP the agents of destruction trying to steal Nigeria from the real owners. All we need is to know a few facts and work with them in a mass (mostly spiritual and digital) action.

FIRST, LET'S ASK OURSELVES, WHO RUNS OUR LIVES AND DESTINIES IN THIS COUNTRY?

Someone spends 4, 5, 6, sometimes up to 10 years in a Nigerian university. All these are done amid very dehumanizing struggles, intimidation and privation. Next, this good citizen of the biggest black country on earth struggles to go for NYSC. Again, like it was at college, it continues during the service year - deprivation, exploitation, etc. Then, this good citizen comes out from the whole thing and BECOMES AN OKADAMAN!!!

He thinks it's temporary. "Let me be doing this for now as I look for job" he tells himself. But, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 years, he's still an OKADAMAN or Keke driver! He gets married, gets a room apartment, and starts producing kids in poverty, insecurity, and stupidity.

Yes, I said STUPIDITY, because, while this graduate is wasting his school study and years as a rustic Okada man, A STARK ILLITERATE IS OCCUPYING THE POSITION HE/SHE SHOULD HAVE OCCUPIED. Not only is the illiterate messing things up in that position, not knowing what's the right thing to do (WHICH AFFECTS US ALL TERRIBLY AND EVENTUALLY), the country is being robbed of the contributions that deprived OKADAMAN graduate would have made to the economy.

But, that's even the better part because, soon, some bandits may just kill this graduate (like that corper medical doctor who was killed during the 2011 post-election violence while he was driving an ambulance to save victims!). That's how bad things are here.

THIS IS HAPPENING ALL BECAUSE THOSE WHO ARE TRULY RUNNING THE COUNTRY BELIEVE THAT "BOKO HARAM"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Yes, "boko haram" - as we all may know - is an Hausa/Islamic sentence that translates as "western education is evil". The famous terrorist group is so called because that's a central belief they espouse. But, hear this: the elements running the core of the Nigerian society top down have that same (or, at least, similar) belief that "boko haram".

To state it more precisely, THE REAL RULERS OF NIGERIA CONSISTS MAINLY OF ELEMENTS WHO HAVE A LOW OPINION OF THE WESTERN CULTURE AND EDUCATION. Yes, this can only be the reason why the system punishes you for getting Western and rewards you for not.

One thing these elements don't submit to is democracy because, you know, it's based on Western ideologies (you heard Shekau using this exactly in his criticism of Sheikh Gumi and Sheikh(?) Pantami, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy).

So, if these rulers don't believe in democracy (that is, the rule of law based on the will of the majority), what then do they believe in?

ANSWER: They believe in violence, force, subjugation, terror, and suchlike.

On their respective individual bases, these rulers may disagree on exactly how to go about these barbaric approaches. But, they all have ONE end vision. For instance, one may think it's cool to achieve the end by getting outwardly involved in the entrenched Westernized system while another (such as Shekau) wants to be completely out of it.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by Easternmind(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ok,people's eyes are beginning to open.
What I suggest in this thread now is,no tribal bashing,only intellectual points of view...
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
Easternmind:
Ok,people's eyes are beginning to open.
What I suggest in this thread now is,no tribal bashing,only intellectual points of view...
Bruh, thanks for seeming to be the only person paying attention. But, please, permit to chip in a point to what you said lest it derails us:

1. It sounds a bit arrogant when you said that "people's eyes are beginning to open" as if you've been the only sighted person around here. And, you know, with your moniker showing clearly where you are coming from, you may just be inviting the tribal bashing you're advising against. The Hausas and the Yorubas have fought a war with these forces centuries before Ijaw (Adaka Boro) and Biafra (Ojukwu) did. The Tiv, the Jukun, and many other Middle Beltran tribes have also put up resistances. But, these forces always manage to be afloat - including by making allies (or stooges?) out of the descendants of old foes.

2. I don't mean to do this as a mere intellectual exercise. My aim is more PRACTICAL than intellectual. So, everyone should feel free to contribute what they know. Don't worry about your grammar (after all, with all our grammar, we're ruled by people who do not care about grammar).

I hope you understand. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by Easternmind(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
docdes:

Bruh, thanks for seeming to be the only person paying attention. But, please, permit to chip in a point to what you said lest it derails us:

1. It sounds a bit arrogant when you said that "people's eyes are beginning to open" as if you've been the only sighted person around here. And, you know, with your moniker showing clearly where you are coming from, you may just be inviting the tribal bashing you're advising against. The Hausas and the Yorubas have fought a war with these forces centuries before Ijaw (Adaka Boro) and Biafra (Ojukwu) did. The Tiv, the Jukun, and many other Middle Beltran tribes have also put up resistances. But, these forces always manage to be afloat - including by making allies (or stooges?) out of the descendants of old foes.

2. I don't mean to do this as a mere intellectual exercise. My aim is more PRACTICAL than intellectual. So, everyone should feel free to contribute what they know. Don't worry about your grammar (after all, with all our grammar, we're ruled by people who do not care about grammar).

I hope you understand. Thanks.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by docdes: 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
AM I COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE?

Please, I need to know that people are listening before I go ahead. Just try saying something. This is supposed to be a family meeting.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by Sharingiscaring: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Interested.
Re: How Do People Communicate With Shekau? — We Could Have Ended Boko Haram But... by gotnel: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
Well done, your analysis is good. The battle is spiritual more than being physical.

(1) (Reply)

������� ����: ��� �� ������ �� ���. �������� / SA To Akwa Ibom State Governor Creates A Scene As He Is Scared Of Injections / Healthcare Resilience Through Japanese Tech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.