Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru (8691 Views)

AFCON 2019: Iheanacho Set To Replace Samuel Kalu In Super Eagles squad / Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Samuel Kalu Suffers Heart Attack, Rushed To Hospital In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by robosky02(m): 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
Officials have said injured Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu will be replaced by Henry Onyekuru for the Super Eagles AFCON qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho.

Kalu was forced out of Sunday’s Ligue 1 clash at Dijon after suffering a thigh injury.

Onyekuru was one of seven players placed on standby by coach Gernot Rohr and has been rewarded by the Eagles for his new-found form at Galatasaray.

Over the weekend, he came off the bench to score twice for the Istanbul giants to win 3-0 on the road and stay within striking distance of Super Lig leaders Besiktas.

He has so far scored five goals for Galatsaray since his arrival in January on loan from AS Monaco, where he did not enjoy enough playing time.

Nigeria visit Benin on March 27, before they welcome Lesotho three days later in final 2021 AFCON qualifiers.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-eagles-replace-injured-samuel-kalu-with-onyekuru/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by robosky02(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
The boy is good

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by NwaNimo1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2021

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by deji17: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
This Rohr is dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Gbest90(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
robosky02:
The boy is good
Henry has great potential no doubt. But the lad is just too light for a winger. That's why he is easily eased off the ball by defenders.

He really needs to work on his weight.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by heckymaicon(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
deji17:
This Rohr is dumb.

No be him fault now, that's how anything associated with Nigeria government dey be.

Even their OG for Aso Rock is dumber than the dumbest.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by eedimo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
As if my opinion will count.

It's his Job, let him decide.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Fijofak: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
Onyekuru is good.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Ombre(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Onye
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by deji17: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
heckymaicon:

No be him fault now, that's how anything associated with Nigeria government dey be.

Even their OG for Aso Rock is dumber than the dumbest.
But Pinishin appointed Rohr nau. Make we leave am like that.

Look at the guy resume:

He became manager of Niger national football team in September 2012. He resigned in October 2014.

On 22 December 2015, he was sacked by Burkina Faso national football team as manager.

Rohr was shortlisted for the Guinea national team job in July 2016 but was not given the job. In August 2016, he was named manager of the Nigeria national football team by Amaju Pinnick, the chief of the Nigeria Football Federation.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by victorazy(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ok

Na me kuru

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Xscape047: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Issokay
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Mogajunior(m): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
cool
Onyekuru has proven his worth hence the need to give him a chance. This life always keep working on yourself.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by robosky02(m): 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
Gbest90:
Henry has great potential no doubt. But the lad is just too light for a winger. That's why he is easily eased off the ball by defenders.

He really needs to work on his weight.

He need the kind of work out junior ajayi did to his physics

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Alejobs: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
grin
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Asiseeit: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Fijofak:
Onyekuru is good.

Swears. I watched Galatasaray'matches recently and I must say - the guy dey ball. Skillful winger. Yes, he's lightweight as someone noted, but he more than compensate for that with his skills.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Numerouno94(m): 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nice one.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by mokkalu1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
Homeboy injured again? Na wa o.
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Cryptosmake: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
I don’t care about them
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Franchise21(m): 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
OK
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by TotoGame(m): 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
I'm having this feeling that buhari have a hand in this injury of Samuel kalu
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Reference(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Onyekuru?

[img]https://media./images/ee313e35f008b1bbdcb969c607b048f4/tenor.gif[/img]

grin grin grin...this guy eh. Your meme selections are just crazy. Hahahaha...
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by kenzysmith: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oyekuru na mumu if na me I go reject d invitation. you put a player who play for turkey faint on standby in to say wetin na. is invitation is Waist of time the same coach bench him all through nation cup tourney 2019, and he will likely bench him on both headers

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by Draught: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2021

Would have preferred the spot going to Micheal Olise..

After all I doubt Henry would actually see enough minutes (that's if he actually gets to play).. The same applies to Olise but at least he's a new youngling that can be an Ace up our sleeves considering he's relatively unknown..
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by obosi2028(m): 4:30am On Mar 16, 2021
Those Biafra boys are doing well. Very soon there be a football match between Nigeria and Biafra at African cup of Nations . But I don't think Nigeria will be complete.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by femi4: 6:07am On Mar 16, 2021
Bad report

How can Super Eagles "replaced"

Rohr "replaced" not SE
Who replaced whom
Re: Super Eagles Replace Injured Samuel Kalu With Onyekuru by chocboi78(m): 6:24am On Mar 16, 2021
So if kalu didn't get injured, they would have left out onyekuru, this board is becoming unserious

(1) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC Women's Footballer Of The Year 2015 / Athletics Integrity Unit Slams Okagbare With Fresh Anti-doping Charges / Which One Is Better? The World Cup Or The Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.