Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI (804 Views)

Node-sass Not Installing / How To Install Sass? / How Do I Setup Bootstrap Sass Using Koala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2021
I basically just want to know which is considered the "best" CSS framework? sad
Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Karleb(m): 4:58am On Mar 16, 2021
Nothing like best. It depends on what you know about what the project demands.
Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2021
Bootstrap is a framework. Sass is vanilla CSS with a different syntax that compiles to CSS. Material UI is a design system. Honestly I prefer using design systems now to plain CSS frameworks as they make my work faster and consistent. There's also a lot of pre built components that come with this design systems that you can take advantage of instead of building from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2021
Karleb:
Nothing like best. It depends on what you know about what the project demands.
But there are pros and cons and some outweigh others.
Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Bootstrap is a framework. Sass is vanilla CSS with a different syntax that compiles to CSS. Material UI is a design system. Honestly I prefer using design systems now to plain CSS frameworks as they make my work faster and consistent. There's also a lot of pre built components that come with this design systems that you can take advantage of instead of building from scratch.
Okay so sass is basically vanilla CSS.
I guess that would mean limited abilities in the responsive department.
Working with pure CSS is quite daunting.
I guess I'll just go with the recommendations of a pro.
Thanks.
Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2021
Rgade:

Okay so sass is basically vanilla CSS.
I guess that would mean limited abilities in the responsive department.
Working with pure CSS is quite daunting.
I guess I'll just go with the recommendations of a pro.
Thanks.
Pro ke. I have less than a year of experience so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I used to like writing all my CSS but that takes so much time in a real production application. Things are much faster with a CSS framework but you still need to create your components like modals, backdrops, sidedrawers et al. Design systems like material UI, rebass and chakra UI all ship with this so I can customise them to my taste and focus on the core functionality of my application.

2 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Pro ke. I have less than a year of experience so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I used to like writing all my CSS but that takes so much time in a real production application. Things are much faster with a CSS framework but you still need to create your components like modals, backdrops, sidedrawers et al. Design systems like material UI, rebass and chakra UI all ship with this so I can customise them to my taste and focus on the core functionality of my application.
I know, you've said before that you don't have much experience,but your contributions do suggest otherwise.
I guess it's not so much "less than a year of experience" when you consider it in terms of hours put in daily.
1 year could equate to 4 years.
Thanks again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bootstrap Vs SASS Vs Material UI by Karleb(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Rgade:

But there are pros and cons and some outweigh others.

This question has been disambiguated here. But here is my take:

Sass or less are CSS on steroids. All popular css frameworks use it. Bootstrap, Material UI, Bumla, Tailwind to name a few.

Sass and Less are called CSS preprocessor, they make writing CSS easy, they eliminate code repetition.

Sass is more popular though.

Bootstrap was the first popular CSS framework. At a time it was the most popular project on github.

Material UI is another CSS framework that was developed by Google.

There is no advantage of using bootstrap over material ui or vice versa to me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ 5 Top Hard Skills You Must Have To Become A Cyber Security Analyst / Need Help(java Program)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.