Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal (18261 Views)

How Can I Receive International Funds Into My Uba Savings Account / Flutterwave Teams Up With Paypal To Make It Easier For African Businesses / Flutterwave Teams With Alipay To Enable China-africa Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Iamthoney(m): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Awesomeking:
if you know how many hours i dey spend for firstbank to cash one transaction, u go pity me.. I have been deemed a scammer by some impatient clients when they pay for a song on monday night and i dont deliver until Tuesday evening, because money never enter my hand yet
I can relate but you gotta make them to understand that it takes 24 hours to pick up the money they send to you....so it is advisable they send it on time so you can go pick it up immediately. Try keystone bank they are faster and it is much easier to pick up cash
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by OKOATA(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Roguescholar:

It's TRUE. I have a Flutterwave accout and PayPal is available now
wow, does that mean someone will just withdraw funds into the flutterwave straight? Does that mean I don't need a business PayPal anymore on e-commerce store? Can someone just use a regular PayPal and withdraw funds into the flutterwave straight?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by AutoshalomUSA: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
PAYPAL is a racist company , that has still not changed since their early days from eBay .
They hardly verify accounts owned by black people .
They won’t accept or send payments to black nations .
And they are steady putting your account on hold if you start making multiple transactions as a black person .

I just recently deleted PayPal , never to use them again . I just hope this collaboration will mean well for Nigerians transacting online , and not another form of exploitation from another big fish ( Flutterwave guys should becareful so PayPal doesn’t kill their vision )

The idea is a great one , but I am weary of the motive , given PayPal attitude towards people of negroid background.

Just Observing !!!

Qtsnow:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/03/15/flutterwave-and-paypal-partner-to-allow-african-merchants-to-accept-and-make-payments/

1 Like

Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by mofedamijo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
AutoshalomUSA:
PAYPAL is a racist company , that has still not changed since their early days from eBay .
They hardly verify accounts owned by black people .
They won’t accept or send payments to black nations .
And they are steady putting your account on hold if you start making multiple transactions as a black person .

I just recently deleted PayPal , never to use them again . I just hope this collaboration will mean well for Nigerians transacting online , and not another form of exploitation from another big fish ( Flutterwave guys should becareful so PayPal doesn’t kill their vision )

The idea is a great one , but I am weary of the motive , given PayPal attitude towards people of negroid background.

Just Observing !!!

Don't blame PayPal, i use PayPal South Africa and PayPal USA for years now, I am black and I don't have issues with them. Blame the fraud guys in Nigeria. I am not in Nigeria, however, i easily transfer from my PayPal to my FNB South Africa account and it arrives in less than 3 days. Sometimes the next day. South Africa is a black mans nation enjoying paypal with no issues.

The problem is with the Nigerian scammers. They have made it extremely difficult for everyone.

When I had issues with my PayPal USA. I called and within minutes I was able to talk to one of managers to address the issue, and it was resolved quickly. Fortunately, I have never had issues with my PayPal South Africa.

I am not saying PayPal is problem free, however, majority of PayPal Nigerias problem originated from fraudulent practices.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by lloydtruth: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
yinchar:
Nice one from Flutterwave.

However, despite being a Nigerian start-up company, am surprised and disappointed to see their headquarters is now located in the US

Does that means Lagos cant host the headquarter or what?
They will kill it politics when that happens.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Awesomeking: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
Iamthoney:
I can relate but you gotta make them to understand that it takes 24 hours to pick up the money they send to you....so it is advisable they send it on time so you can go pick it up immediately. Try keystone bank they are faster and it is much easier to pick up cash
Alright i will do that, i think i should even open an account with keystone sef
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by gnss(m): 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2021
Has anyone had problem.uploading his Personal ID on Flutterwave wave ? I could not and it's showing the attached page any time I clicked the upload

Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by jazon(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:
This is good one. I just checked on my Flutterwave dashboard and enabled it. ���

I cant find it on my dashboard. what could be the issue?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by obiZEAL(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
Cool
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by alextso(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
jazon:

I cant find it on my dashboard. what could be the issue?

Same here. Don’t think it’s active for Nigerians.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by bluefilm: 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:
This is good one. I just checked on my Flutterwave dashboard and enabled it. ���

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13268155_screenshot138_pngc3a4662bd661a3fdb898d722c1190fe5

Thanks man for showing this.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by pacespot(m): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:

Nice one, does it mean that you can withdraw your paypal payment into your bank account through this flutterwave platform?

I don't have a flutterwave account yet, maybe it is time to create one.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by alterego17: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
softset:
This will create legitimate business opportunities that the Nigerian entrepreneur has been yearning for.

Now the small guy will be comfortable selling his products or services to the international market without bypassing any legal process.

To those hard working guys in Nigeria, the opportunity has arrived.

Congratulations!!!

Please what is this flutterwave n how does it work?....kindly expanciate for mi
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by alterego17: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:

It's quite easy. You need to have a Flutterwave account first tho

Please what is this flutterwave n how does it work?....kindly expanciate for mi
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Thurmieee: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
There's a Nigerian owned website that does this too.
https://www.nevance.com
Try it and see
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by TheStrongest: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
mofedamijo:

Don't blame PayPal, i use PayPal South Africa and PayPal USA for years now, I am black and I don't have issues with them. Blame the fraud guys in Nigeria. I am not in Nigeria, however, i easily transfer from my PayPal to my FNB South Africa account and it arrives in less than 3 days. Sometimes the next day. South Africa is a black mans nation enjoying paypal with no issues.

The problem is with the Nigerian scammers. They have made it extremely difficult for everyone.

When I had issues with my PayPal USA. I called and within minutes I was able to talk to one of managers to address the issue, and it was resolved quickly. Fortunately, I have never had issues with my PayPal South Africa.

I am not saying PayPal is problem free, however, majority of PayPal Nigerias problem originated from fraudulent practices.
I don’t think it’s about the fraud... I contacted PayPal some years ago about this after losing out on some important deals, and they clearly told me that the problem is with the country’s financial institution/federal government. I even went as far as creating a petition against them but it turned out no be them be actually the problem, na CBN policy.... I might look for their reply and send a screenshot of it later this evening.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by PureMe01: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
please which is the cheapest platform to receive money from the U.S considering lower charges as well...?
very urgent pls
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by mofedamijo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
TheStrongest:

I don’t think it’s about the fraud... I contacted PayPal some years ago about this after losing out on some important deals, and they clearly told me that the problem is with the country’s financial institution/federal government. I even went as far as creating a petition against them but it turned out no be them be actually the problem, na CBN policy.... I might look for their reply and send a screenshot of it later this evening.

Yes, i understand your point. However, you don't expect them to say its because of scammers or fraudsters. By the way, what has the government done to curb fraudulent activities? Policies, unfavourable environment, scammers are all deciding factors.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Nasir123(m): 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
I just signed up but I couldn't find anything PAYPAL there.
Can somebody explain?

Make e nobe say na everything una take dey fool una self o!
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Nasir123(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Roguescholar:

It's TRUE. I have a Flutterwave accout and PayPal is available now

I still can't find PayPal in my account.
Can you tell me where to find it?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by MarketDispatch: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
Nice development, but who do we believe?

Flutter wave is saying you can receive money, meanwhile on Paypal Nigeria website, it says you can only shop online or send payments.....Nothing about receiving money
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Tonytonex(m): 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Fastlinkpro:
Good news. Our govt on other hand always trying to frustrate the poor effort. Imagine Me I have being mining cryptocurrency with cryptotap. Just to withdraw, no way , luno has removed withdrawal option because of the useless policy.
so can you use this to withdraw now?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Cryptosmake: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
really
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Enyinne(f): 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pls how can i create flutrwave account? Any requirement ? Is there card issued for use ? Kindly explain
noskyboy:

It's quite easy. You need to have a Flutterwave account first tho
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Killermamba: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
mimilogistics:
What a great development for Nigerian entrepreneurs who work and earn online. Flutterwave must make sure some unscrupulous elements in Nigerian cyber space doesn't turn this great opportunity to another scam tool.

Give it time. Nor be Nigeria again?

Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by EMMY76: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:

So this means someone can now send and receive money from his PayPal account to flutterwave?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Brendaniel: 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
noskyboy:

does it mean you can receive paypal funds from other paypal users with the same email address you use on flutterwave?
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by TheStrongest: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
mofedamijo:

Yes, i understand your point. However, you don't expect them to say its because of scammers or fraudsters. By the way, what has the government done to curb fraudulent activities? Policies, unfavourable environment, scammers are all deciding factors.
That’s true
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by phantom(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Didn't see it on my dashboard.

Edit: saw on it on the Dashboard of my second account which is a business account.

My first account is a freelancer/sole trader account which does not have the PayPal option for now, though flutterwave says it would give that option to freelance accounts in the coming weeks or months.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by FESTAC101: 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please for those that saw PayPal on Thier dashboard, did you use Nigeria as the location of your business?

Just signed up but can't seem to find PayPal on my dashboard.
Re: International Funds Transfer: Flutterwave Teams Up With PayPal by Philipxxxx0: 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank / Reasons Tinuade Sanda Was Fired - Signal NG / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.