Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) (18360 Views)

Two Boys Nabbed With Coffin Filled With Panties, Brassieres In Delta / EndSARS: Man Protests With Waist Beads In Port Harcourt / Pastor Sunday Egbo Arrested With Coffin, Pants, Bra In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Metrix147: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
The people of Umueledi autonomous community in old Umuahia, Umuahia South LGA, Abia State have protested against what they call crazy billing by officials of Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) by tying palm fronds to a coffin, ABN TV reports.

Members of the community who besieged the Umuahia zonal office of the company also dumped the coffin at the gate of the electricity distribution company, preventing staff from gaining entrance into the premises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRTciOtJoc
Speaking with ABN TV on Tuesday, one of the protesters who gave his name as Onyemaechi Stanley said they can no longer cope with the outrageous billing where each household receives a bill of about N35,000 without commensurate supply.

While maintaining that the minimum wage is less than the bill they are being served, they wondered the yardstick with which EEDC arrived at the amount served them monthly.

According to Mr. Stanley, the community had made a payment amounting to N700,000 which he said the EEDC officers are not considering.

The community vowed that they are not ready to remove the coffin until EEDC yields to their demand of reducing the bills or providing them with meters to ascertain their consumption.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/abia-community-protests-with-coffin-over-outrageous-eedc-billing-photos-video/

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Olobofife(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Death to the terrorist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by triple996(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
naso
but I thought they are all billionaires

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by alingo2013(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lol they can just go burn the company

3 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by BilkisAjibadd(f): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
It becoming too much

9 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
You people should look for alternative source of energy, if all of Una contribute start solar farm or wind farm or gas turbine you will not need eedc and their crazy bills

16 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Honestly I was listening to ppl comments as regards this Electricity billing of a thing some even complain of losing thier tariff even as they are not making use of electricity as if power holding program the whole crdt to vanish once it reach a specific time.

The various agency that are set up to madiate between consumers and power companies should be active to their duty

7 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Harrykn: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bury it rather, cruise.
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by onlyonechid84(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
This is even fair compared to the outrageous
Estimated bills our Disco is billing us.

Infact ehnn..if we are to protest like they are doing in Abia state, then we would carry a full mortuary and dump in front of their office.

1 Like

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Faguy: 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ipob republic with unusual behaviour be like nairaland and booking of space. Jega you are compromise. Emeka you are a state man and u ought to behave like one. I rest my case online Republicans.
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by theTranslator: 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
shocked
I thought Igbos have millions of billionaires all over the world shocked
nero2face:
Truth be told, if Nigeria split today, I bet u won't believe how the SE will develop, no be to get richest Dangote from Kano or former President Obasanjo from Ogun, the Igbos have thousands and millions of billionaires mostly abroad and these men will come back with full force to make their place a place to be as soon as this shit hole country is no more...mark my words

I guess they don't wanna pay for electricity cheesy grin

poseidon12:

Yes Igbos have millions of billionaires all over the world but they don't want to be throwing their money away like your tribe. They don't want to end up poor like your tribe.
The joke's on you lol cheesy
You fell for the trap
Even the US doesn't have millions of billionaires
Even the world doesn't have millions of billionaires undecided
Why are Igbos so stupid and lie a lot??

4 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by theTranslator: 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
shocked

Is this what will be happening in the online republic?? shocked
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by merits(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
cheesy
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by englishmart(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Could it be Nigeria is wired to torment her citizens? If no, why then do they always torment us?

2 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Jestin: 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Those stuff don’t scare the people in authority. I wonder where they gather their mind from .
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Chris2863(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
triple996:
naso
but I thought they are all billionaires
Yes of course. To be a billionaire, you must be smart too. They have displayed their smartness.

24 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by newdawnlive: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
you pay 35k you're crying while I pay 87k last month
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Cooldiipo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
shocked

This is commendable! Nigerian is a crazy place to be acting normal, what does it take to meter the people? We bought meter you said the calibration is not right, We paid you, you refuse to supply. What is the definition of crazy again? With just a single 150watt panel, you can have enough power to attend to your basic daily power needs. I sell portable inverter and battery for laptop, Tv fan and phones. You have to consider alternative source of power, We have failed to push our weight as a consumer in Nigeria and these people are all taking us for a ride!
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Zane2point4(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
See my own, 44k
Very bleeped up country, I barely stay home.

5 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Whois(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
They don't want to pay? Those yet to be metered in my area pay 40,000 naira estimated billing monthly.

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Kingspin(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
If you don't know the real situation of Nigeria, you will keep talking "Nigeria is great", Buhari is working(by ass), be patriotic till you drop death.

Each time, i ask my parent, they narrate to me how crazy light bills are yet the way light is distributed has not changed in the last 10 years.

Are you telling me the government is not aware?

3 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by livinbygrace: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
.Is this not financial crime?Where is that stupid EFCC ?Some people will just sit in one corner given out crazy bills to the citizens without no electricity and nothing is being done.Which YAHOO PASS THIS WAN?God punish all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Zane2point4(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
BilkisAjibadd:
It becoming too much last night they gave my boyfriend 1.5m billing at his small apartment on the island
You're the one using microwave, iron, and running ac 24hrs.
Most ladies no sabi manage, my own gf fit leave ac on travel sef.
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Vatahac: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
Na wa oh
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by HopeVictor(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Prepaid meters don finish?

1 Like

Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by AlhajiNatty(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
OP, please get your facts right.
Umueledi isn't an Autonmous community. It is one of the seven villages (Umuezeala, Umuobutu, Umuecheogwù, Umueledi, Umuovo, Amuzuta and Okwù) that make up Old Umuahia Autonomous Community.

As for the protest, I only hope the EEDC does the needful in this case.
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by wwwihy: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
onlyonechid84:
This is even fair compared to the outrageous
Estimated bills our Disco is billing us.

Infact ehnn..if we are to protest like they are doing in Abia state, then we would carry a full mortuary and dump in front of their office.
Re: Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) by Oladipo1166(m): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
triple996:
naso but I thought they are all billionaires
Audio

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinachi: FG Slams 23-Count Charge Against Peter Nwachukwu / Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 / Female Kano Varsity Student Found Dead In An Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.