Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts (1132 Views)

Patience Ozokwor: I Married At A Young Age; Endured Suffering To Please My Dad / "I Almost Got Married At Age 13 - Rahama Sadau (Photo) / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by onthehill: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
“She Was A victim of Rape And A Child Bride” – Pastor Laurie Idahosa Blasts Pete Edochie for Proudly Saying His 40-Year-Old Dad Married His Mum At Age 15

Clergywoman, Laurie Idahosa, has reacted after veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, revealed that his father, who was 40-years-old at the time, married his mum when she was 15 years old, IgbereTV reports.

The veteran actor revealed this in a recent interview shared on his Instagram page. He added that his mother was shy all through the marriage, even after several kids.

He said;

“My mother was not educated. She was not in love with my father. My father was almost 40 when his uncle told him it was time he got married. He told them to get a wife for him.

My uncle went out to a neighboring village and told them the teacher wanted to get married. The women came out. He looked around and picked one and that was it.

He brought this 15-year-old who didn’t have the courage to look at my father. She gave him ten children and was still shy. Seven boys and three girls.”

The clergywoman was disturbed by his statement and left a comment on Linda Ikeji's blog Instagram page. According to Pastor Idahosa, his mum was a victim of rape and was a child bride.

Idahosa wrote;

“How can he laugh about her being “shy?”
Oga, she was not shy. She was a victim of rape and was a child bride. She wasn’t respectful of his age, she was afraid for her life. Know the difference and adjust this story… start telling the truth!”
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMd6XTujBgL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See the controversial video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbf7vFNmwUY

https://igberetvnews.com/1385125/pete-edochie-says-mum-married-age-15-laurie-idahosa-reacts/

Lalasticlala

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by Jdaughter(f): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by Mabizeka: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Fish brain talking. that was back in the olden days and not that Pete is proud of it, he is just telling his story. oya fish brain go and wake Pete's father up from his grave and charge him to court. you hear

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by Vikinatty(f): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
SHEY U BE THEIR FAMILY MEMBER? BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE OLDER THAN YOUR ELDERS.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by Henrydonland(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
Either this girl is oblivious of the methods of our forefathers or she decides to ignore it because she is now a newfound feminist.

yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by DaddyRochie1642: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
That Woman's hair is nice

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by HarunaWest(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Everybody forming feminist nowadays for the clout...My mum gat married at 15/16...She still achieved what many ladies can dream of....People of old got married on time....But the white man brought a useless education and way of doing things to sway our minds from our culture...look at the talking, fakeness from head to toe...

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by Bornsinner7: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
She sounding like she was a relative to the woman and was present at the time.. Make she go tell Pete for him face if e sure for her..

It's better to be married at 15 than to get married at 30 with expired coochie

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by DAramis: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bornsinner7:
She sounding like she was a relative to the woman and was present at the time.. Make she go tell Pete for him face if e sure for her..

It's better to be married at 15 than to get married at 30 with expired coochie

Make she go tell Pete for him face if e sure for her... Fact.

Social media gives some women platform to be insulting some people old enough to be their father (decades ago).
In the 1960's, they no born people like her well to put mouth in this discussion by High chief Pete. Even those times, women kneel down to greet and serve food to their husband.

Presently, even under 16yrs, now have a say or opinion in things elders are discussing. I don't blame her sha, I only blame the wokeness and feminist coven which the West promotes in the name of equality trash.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by AndroBlaze: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
When she is tired of abusing Pete Edochie for saying his truth, please let her answer how old Mary the mother of Jesus was when she was married off to Joseph.

History will help us all.
Re: Pete Edochie For Says His Mum Married at Age 15; Laurie Idahosa Reacts by adenike21273: 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
SHEY U BE THEIR FAMILY MEMBER?
BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE OLDER THAN YOUR ELDERS.

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Mercy Eke Slays In Hawt Outfit As She Poses With Her Most Recent Ride / Good Samaritan Opens Gofundme To Help With Baba Ijesa’s Legal Fees. / 5 Famous Actors Who Fell In Love While Acting Together (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.