Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? (442 Views)

What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / Believe On The Lord Jesus And thou Shalt Be Saved Acts 16:31 / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by drewlious114: 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Watch "What would happen if we have flying cars? @Nas Rothschild" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTb9HiWALrg

Hello fellow readers, how are you, and how is your day going? I would like us to discuss something that is very important. You meet someone, got along well to the extent that it seems the two of you are going to data each other. The next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would Your Belief In God Hinder You From Marrying A Great Person? Share your thoughts in the comment section.

https://youtube.com/shorts/yQisKOn8Jw0
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Beltygg: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
No I won't because it will not be the same understandings etc
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
drewlious114:

Hello fellow readers, how are you, and how is your day going? I would like us to discuss something that is very important. You meet someone, got along well to the extent that it seems the two of you are going to data each other. The next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would Your Belief In God Hinder You From Marrying A Great Person? Share your thoughts in the comment section.
Well, Jesus Christ gave us any commands as far as who we can marry and all that. undecided

Also, no one can "help you" get into Heaven -each person is called to carry his own cross(not the cross of your wife or even your children, mother, fatherrr, etc.) undecided

So since it is all up to you whether you will accept and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ or whether you will reject His commandments, the choice remains yours as to what to do. undecided
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
No, they are dangerous
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
ABCthings:
No, they are dangerous
Why are they more dangerous than you? undecided
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Beltygg:
No I won't because it will not be the same understandings etc
And what understanding do you have that they don't have?
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
The text rendered "joined together" in the Bible book of Matthew 19:6 should appropriately be rendered "YOKED TOGETHER"

Jesus used this word to emphasize the way God purposed marriage mates to view each other. In those days animals are YOKED together to work in the fields, experienced farmers don't yoke two animals that aren't of the same height, strength and size together, if they should the work will not go smoothly due to the uneven yoking! 2Corinthians 6:14

So just as two different species of domestic pets can't work together easily a true Christian shouldn't consider an unbeliever as a prospective future partner, it's unwise to lay such a foundation for a house (marriage) you're planning to live for the rest of your life! Matthew 7:24-27 smiley
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 9:51am On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why are they more dangerous than you? undecided
[/sub][sub] To them humans are mere organics formed by chance. They wouldn't feel any guilt wiping out the whole human race. They are all Hitlers.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
ABCthings:
[/sub][sub] To them humans are mere organics formed by chance. They wouldn't feel any guilt wiping out the whole human race. They are all Hitlers.
Is this what Jesus Christ taught you when He walked on earth, eating and drinking with sinners and publicans? undecided
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is this what Jesus Christ taught you when He walked on earth, eating and drinking with sinners and publicans? undecided
did Jesus marry a sinner?
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
ABCthings:
Jesus Christ did not marry anyone at all. So, does that also mean you will never marry anyone at all too? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by kimco(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
ABCthings:

No he married a believer.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not marry anyone at all. So, does that also mean you will never marry anyone at all too? undecided
Where are your spirtual eyes? Oh ye men of little faith.
It means he doesn't want to be spiritually yoked with an imperfect being, let alone a bloody sinner like an atheist.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
kimco:

No he married a believer.
Get a new bible.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
ABCthings:
Where are your spirtual eyes? Oh ye men of little faith.
Where did Jesus Christ include in His teachings that He will give you these "Spiritual eyes" you claim to have there? Many of you have been hoodwinked into believing occultic teachings without even realizing it. undecided
ABCthings:
It means he doesn't want to be spiritually yoked with an imperfect being, let alone a bloody sinner like an atheist.
Where in His teachings did Jesus Christ hint that you can be "spiritually yoked" with an imperfect being to begin with? undecided
Where did Jesus Christ say that He doesn't want you to be "spiritually yoked" with an imperfect being? undecided
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did Jesus Christ include in His teachings that He will give you these "Spiritual eyes" you claim to have there? [s]Many of you have been hoodwinked into believing occultic teachings without even realizing it. undecided[/s]

Having spiritual eyes means you're actively aware of the spiritual consequences of things around you. Nothing occultic/feltish about it.

Where in His teachings did Jesus Christ hint that you can be "spiritually yoked" with an imperfect being to begin with? undecided
Where did Jesus Christ say that He doesn't want you to be "spiritually yoked" with an imperfect being? undecided

2 Cor. 6 14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Does that answer you?
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
ABCthings:

Having spiritual eyes means you're actively aware of the spiritual consequences of things around you. Nothing occultic/feltish about it.
one min...
Aware of what "spiritual" things? You are still speaking occult lingo pretending it has something to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ which it doesn't. undecided

Nowhere in His teaching did Jesus Christ promise you your "spiritual eye" or even suggest that His Spirit in you will give you are such thing. Yet here you proclaim boldly that that which is typically of occult belief is yours. What do you expect me to think then? undecided

Please find me the references in the teachings of Jesus Christ where you find these ideas undecided
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by ABCthings: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Aware of what "spiritual" things? You are still speaking occult lingo pretending it has something to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ which it doesn't. undecided

Nowhere in His teaching did Jesus Christ promise you your "spiritual eye" or even suggest that His Spirit in you will give you are such thing. Yet here you proclaim boldly that that which is typically of occult belief is yours. What do you expect me to think then? undecided

Please find me the references in the teachings of Jesus Christ where you find these ideas undecided

Bro. you are the one trying to forcefully attach occultic meanings to my words.
E.g I said spiritual consequences of things
And you changed it to spiritual things.

Where I say spiritual eyes I mean if you see people in church singing. You will not see them as mere humans making noise and wasting away time. but as believers in Christ/saints worshipping their creator as they would in heaven

In the same way. If you see sacrifice at a T junction, will you say this is food being wasted and go and eat it? No, you know they are demonic altars being set up.

If a woman marries an unbeliever. And the unbelieving husband forbids her from serving God. Is that not spiritual crisis for her?

Col. 3:2
Set your mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value].
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
ABCthings:
Bro. you are the one trying to forcefully attach occultic meanings to my words.
E.g I said spiritual consequences of things
And you changed it to spiritual things.
Ok, so what do you mean by "spiritual consequences" and where did Jesus Christ teach of such things? "=\
ABCthings:
Where I say spiritual eyes I mean if you see people in church singing. You will not see them as mere humans making noise and wasting away time. but as believers in Christ/saints worshipping their creator as they would in heaven
I am afraid you are mistaken... those people in your churches are indeed mere humans making noise and this because - they are not saints "worshipping their creator" since their creator never asked them to do any such "worshipping" to begin with. undecided

1. Jesus Christ NEVER commanded that you build Him churches nor did He tell you that singing and clapping is what He desires of you. He made it clear that in His Father's house, there are already many mansions there and that He goes there to prepare a place for you. He Himself said that the one Temple which was indeed His Father's house on earth, would be destroyed. God does not inhabit man-made structures.?undecided
2. He never commanded anyone to "worship" Him in the way you do in your churches. undecided
3. He was clear that what He wanted you to do, if you truly love Him is that you accept(trust) and obey His very own teachings\commandments. undecided

John 14 vs 15-21(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”
Over and over in His teachings, Jesus Christ tells you that those who love Him are those who accept(trust) and obey His commandments, not those who ignore His commandments and do what they want instead of pretending they do it FOR Him. undecided

Even John, the apostle, reiterated this in His letter to the believers in the passage below..undecided

1 John 2 vs 3-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Jesus Christ never went into the Synagogues to clap his hands and sing praises. No, He went about doing the work that His Father had willed Him to do and He commanded that you go about doing what He did. undecided
ABCthings:
In the same way. If you see sacrifice at a T junction, will you say this is food being wasted and go and eat it? No, you know they are demonic altars being set up.
If a hungry man who happens to accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ were to find food on the side of the road, should he not eat to his full? After all Jesus Christ taught His followers that it is not what you eat that makes you unclean. You may choose to see "demonic altars", something Jesus Christ never taught His followers of, however, the one who is hungry will see what is right there, food that is good for eating. Which one of the two people in this case... You who see demonic altars and the hungry man who sees food that is not unclean.... do you think believes the teachings of Jesus Christ? undecided
ABCthings:
If a woman marries an unbeliever. And the unbelieving husband forbids her from serving God. Is that not a spiritual crisis for her?
Col. 3:2 Set your mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value].
If a woman marries an unbeliever, so long as she accepts(trust) and obeys the teachings\commandments of Jesus Christ, God Himself, through His Spirit in her as a result of her obedience, will lead her as she carries the cross that is her life. The same applies to every other person out there who is a follower of Jesus Christ. So I am not sure what you are afraid of other than to believe you do not trust God to take care of His own in whatever situation they find themselves in, in this world. undecided

P.S. The "Heavenly things" Paul spoke of in His Letter refers to the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ, the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God, and not some imagined idea of what is in Heaven and all those nonsense that pervades the many doctrines and traditions of men.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by jmoore(m): 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes, I can date an atheist. But, when I am ready for marriage, I will quit the relationship and marry a Christian.
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by kimco(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
ABCthings:
Get a new bible.
learn sarcasm
Re: Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sometimes I wonder the understanding of some people, if you don't believe in God how did you come into existence..

Life without Jesus is empty

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Was Killed By Nigerians - Popular Ghanaian Pastor (VIDEO) / Who Are We Worshiping Jesus Or The Father / Pastor Married 16 Year Old As Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.