Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

A Story: MLS Is Not SLT - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Story: MLS Is Not SLT (569 Views)

Graduate Of SLT, Where Do You Work? / MLS Vs Nursing Which Is Better For A Guy / What Are The Career Opportunity In Slt(physics And Electronics Option) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by FBB100(m): 12:50am On Mar 17, 2021
Hi guys. I am sorry for boring you with this little story but please it's worth the time.

I went to the school I wrote my ssce yesterday and I met the second principal who have been posted since I left.Clearly it's a community owned and government managed secondary school.When I came I went straight to the administrative building of which I saw the principal outside attending to some students.As I came closer, I introduced myself and told him I was an alumni of the school.On the process of talking to him,one of my former teacher came around and started talking to me about my education before the principal bashed in with a question.

Principal: what are you studying?
Me: MLS
Principal: you mean SLT in polytechnic?
(at this point I felt ashamed that a principal who could be lecturing his students and advising them on career path,can be so ignorant)
Me: My course is medical laboratory science not SLT and even at that after graduation we are given license to practice
Principal: So the difference between you and them(SLT) is the license
(fuming at the principal's ignorance)
Me: no sir,mls works in the hospital while SLT don't.
Principal: but there are a lot of SLT working in the hospital

When I couldn't tolerate his ignorance and the fact that he's a principal saying this, I just kept my mouth shut.

The reason while I brought what transpired between I and this learned principal yesterday is not to downgrade or body shame any course.
How can a principal not know the difference between MLS and SLT?
What if a student came to him for career advice and he will ignorantly tell the poor child this.
At the end of the day,the child will discover he has been misled.
We have to create awareness as most new jambites and students don't know the difference between MLS and SLT.
At the end of the day,they(SLT) will be claiming MLS

Let's enlighten ourselves....m..

1 Like

Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by oz4real83(m): 5:41am On Mar 17, 2021
Nobody has knowledge 100%, the problem with the principal is his refusal to learn. U also made a mistake, only u cannot be an "alumni" of a school. "Alumni is plural form of "alumnus" which u should have used in your introduction to the principal. undecided
Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by iHart(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
OP you did not tell us the difference between the two but your last sentence ended up downgrading SLT.
Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by FBB100(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2021
oz4real83:
Nobody has knowledge 100%, the problem with the principal is his refusal to learn. U also made a mistake, only u cannot be an "alumni" of a school. "Alumni is plural form of "alumnus" which u should have used in your introduction to the principal. undecided
I know that nobody is Mr know all.But all I am asking for is proper enlightenment.Sorry for plural mistake I made.But let the truth be said.If a student came to him for career advice and he said such,he will end up jeopardizing the child future. I mean no insult but all I am saying is that there should be proper enlightenment.If you should visit this guys group on Facebook, you will bleed for their ignorance and what I understood is that,they are all products of wrong career advice
Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by FBB100(m): 10:20am On Mar 17, 2021
iHart:
OP you did not tell us the difference between the two but your last sentence ended up downgrading SLT.

SLT is purely industrial while MLS is health oriented.

I didn't didn't degrade SLT
If I do,then prove it
Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by iHart(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
FBB100:

If I do,then prove it

At the end of the day,they(SLT) will be claiming MLS

From this your last statement, we can infer that SLT claim to be MLS because they see MLS as superior. The thing is that people who study the courses know the difference. I can't study industrial Chemistry and come to claim chemical engineer. The two are not the same. If there is a job advert for SLT, an MLS will not apply and vice versa.
Re: A Story: MLS Is Not SLT by FBB100(m): 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2021
iHart:

From this your last statement, we can infer that SLT claim to be MLS because they see MLS as superior. The thing is that people who study the courses know the difference. I can't study industrial Chemistry and come to claim chemical engineer. The two are not the same. If there is a job advert for SLT, an MLS will not apply and vice versa.
FBB100:

If I do,then prove it
iHart:

Lol
You are too funny.Yes SLT claims MLS and if you want proof I will give you. I have encountered so much SLT on Facebook and on nairaland who claims they can do what MLS does.They even argued that MLS is a branch of SLT.So they know more than MLS.If you still dispute that SLT don't claim MLS,then ask me to show you proof. I don't talk for talking sake. I am not trying degrade to SLT but I want all this SLT guys to know their job function

(1) (Reply)

Caregiver Job / How Much Can Freelancers Make In 2021? / Npower News Today Wednesday 26th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.