Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) (39897 Views)

Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Kano Italian Pond While Bathing; Body Recovered (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Farid24224(m): 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
KingAttitude:
..how person wey drown take concern “Kwara State Fire Service”?

They can be multi tasked emergency service, not just for fire amigo.....
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Kewellbanks: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
So unfortunate! RIP poor boy
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by harmony75: 1:53pm On Mar 17, 2021
sigh � rest in peace dearie ���
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by wink2015(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
This stream is very dirty.

This incident reminds us of the importance of putting safety at the forefront of our daily activities.

RIP.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by mywells: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
So river flows at ilorin,thought its a desert. His muslim friends drown him thats just it
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Tonyspecial(m): 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
that boy might be a stranger in that area, some rivers hate strange bodies.... rest well
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Dickson178(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
Oh no �,the bad government has affected the boy , that's why he died for the sake of to make Nigeria a better country. So sad � ; sorry for the family of the deceased. R.I.P
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by GboyegaD(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2021
May God rest his soul in perfect peace.

I was once in a near situation at about his age. I had just started swimming when I went with some hostel friends to a new river a bit far from school. I chose not to go deep until a friend pushed me from the bank into the river.

Thanks to the older indigenes who swam to me to bring me out. Since then, I am a bit scared of swimming and would never enter the pool if a lifeguard isn't available.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by ParkleElegant: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dickson178:
Oh no �,the bad government has affected the boy , that's why he died for the sake of to make Nigeria a better country. So sad � ; sorry for the family of the deceased. R.I.P

lol who is this one, what does the government got to do with this
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by ParkleElegant: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dickson178:

lol who is this one, what does the government got to do with this? n in what way is Nigeria affected with the death of the child? accuse d government when it calls for it, but don't blame or go around throwing tantrums at d govt over nothing.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by aderoju3921: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
Falade John Olumuyiwa (CFO) consoled the family of the victim and advised parents to watch over their children's movement in order to prevent similar occurrences.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by esiri4jesu(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
NwekeUG:
12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic)

https://www.facebook.com/286070608684604/posts/782610659030594/?app=fbl

It is more like a pond.
Rest in peace young man.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Ibime(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Gozzzy:
We swam way deeper waters those days... Talk of Imo River, talk of Nworie River, talk of Otammiri... The very notorious Otammiri... Na only God dey protect us..... Here we are now. Na swimming pool levels for house, we dey now.... To God be the Glory cheesy cheesy
RIP little swimmer ..... Swim on, in the divines waters of heaven.

Same here. Swam Amadi creek, New Calabar river, Ipukulu, Okrika etc. I feel the young man must have been trapped by an undercurrent in this kind of shallow water. May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Duplexxx: 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
Meen" see water
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by sylve11: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2021
pozehnani:
Sad.

I always advise myself and others who can't swim to avoid big water bodies. I don't even joke with small streams.

If a man is destined to drown, he will drown even in a spoonful of water. cool
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Arinze624: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2021
In Igbo
Ka mkpụrụ obi ya zuru ike na ndukwa.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by pozehnani(f): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
sylve11:

If a man is destined to drown, he will drown even in a spoonful of water. cool

Not true.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Charlex23(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
Gozzzy:
We swam way deeper waters those days... Talk of Imo River, talk of Nworie River, talk of Otammiri... The very notorious Otammiri... Na only God dey protect us..... Here we are now. Na swimming pool levels for house, we dey now.... To God be the Glory cheesy cheesy
You really gambled with ur life by swimming at Otammiri. But did u school @ futo
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Dickson178(m): 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
ParkleElegant:

lol who is this one, what does the government got to do with this? n in what way is Nigeria affected with the death of the child? accuse d government when it calls for it, but don't blame or go around throwing tantrums at d govt over nothing.
grin grin
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
pozehnani:
Sad.

I always advise myself and others who can't swim to avoid big water bodies. I don't even joke with small streams.

But if you keep avoiding, how will you ever know how to?
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by pozehnani(f): 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Citygal:

But if you keep avoiding, how will you ever know how to?

Im not even interested in knowing how to.
Thank God it's not a requirement for accessing or attaining any important phase in life.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Kennytorio1: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2021
So sad this has to happen to a young lad..rest on little swimmer
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2021
I feel for the family. I no the play with stream and water fa
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Fantacy4(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2021
KingAttitude:
..how person wey drown take concern “Kwara State Fire Service”?

na part of there job be that
anything rescue na there job
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by EdwardRandy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
Gozzzy:
I remember my experience at Otammiri, very notorious river. If no be say I sabi swim that river for don chop me.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Ndipe(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
This is heartbreaking. May God comfort his family members and loved ones and grant him peace in His bosom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front / The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.