Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling (423 Views)

Biden: Putin Wasn't Joking About The Use Of Tactical Weapons In Ukraine / Donald Trump Says Vladimir Putin Is Smart, 'Played Joe Biden Like A Drum' (Pics) / Putin Is Mad: Poroshenko Picks Up Arms To Defend Kyiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling by Barristerlaw(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2021
The statements follow a US intelligence report that linked Putin to a campaign aimed at swinging the US vote.

FRONTLINERS NEWS

United States President Joe Biden has said Russian President Vladimir Putin is “going to pay” following a US intelligence report that linked Moscow to an influence campaign that sought to swing the 2020 United States election for former President Donald Trump.

It also concluded that Putin was “aware and probably directed” the campaign to undermine Biden and boost Trump. US intelligence had previously concluded that Russian agents had sought to meddle in the 2016 election through a hacking and influence campaign.

In an excerpt of an interview with ABC News released on Wednesday, Biden said he had warned Putin there would be repercussions to any confirmed meddling.

“He will pay a price,” Biden told interviewer George Stephanopoulos. “We had a long talk, he and I, when we – I know him relatively well. And the conversation started off, I said, ‘I know you and you know me. If I establish this occurred, then be prepared.’”

Biden was also asked if he thought Putin was a “killer”.

“I do,” he responded.

‘Absolutely no foundation and evidence’

Biden did not elaborate on what repercussions Putin would face in light of the election meddling report, although Washington is expected to impose further sanctions on Moscow, reportedly as early as next week.

The US has already imposed sanctions on four senior Russian officials earlier this month over Moscow’s poisoning and imprisonment of opposition politician Alexey Navalny, in what Moscow has cast as an unacceptable intervention in its domestic affairs.

On Wednesday, the US commerce department said it was also tightening sanctions on some exports to Russia in response to the March 2018 poisoning of former Russian military intelligence officer Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury, England with a military-grade nerve agent.

Moscow has denied involvement in both attacks.

On Wednesday, the Kremlin said the US intelligence report on Russian election meddling has “absolutely no foundation and evidence” and warned that further sanctions would harm US-Russia relations. For more updates https://frontlinersnews.com

SOURCE : AL JAZEERA
Re: Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2021
And biden is lord and savior
Re: Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling by nrexzy: 7:51am On Mar 18, 2021
We sabi no worry we like am like dat
Re: Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling by Vl3ly: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2021
Make you hear,Russia no be Iraq o

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pictures Of Barack Obama / On Israel And Palestine's Hamas / Can USA Ever Adopt Sharia Law ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.