Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref (689 Views)

My Second Name Is 'Trouble' — Wike Reacts To Senator Wamako Statement / Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request / Governor Wike Reacts To Demolition Of Mosque At Trans-Amadi Central, "Fake News" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by November1857(m): 7:52am On Mar 18, 2021
‘I won’t jubilate yet’ — Wike reacts to approval of $1.5bn for Port Harcourt refiner

Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, says he won’t jubilate yet over the approval of $1.5 billion for the rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery.

On Wednesday, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari approved the rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt refinery.

Reacting to the development, Wike, while speaking on ‘Politics Today’, a Channels Television Programme, said approval does not mean that the fund for the rehabilitation has been released.

Wike noted that people of the state had heard a lot of promises and talks from the federal government that did not materialise.

“You want to say that because the federal executive council approved rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt refinery for a sum of $1.5 billion and therefore I should be jumping and screaming or the federal government loves Rivers state as the refinery belongs to the people of the state,” he said.

“They have said so let us watch and see. Like you said, it is going to start immediately. We have had a lot of promises and a lot of talks and nothing has materialised.

“I do not want to say because they have said so and they have approved it. Approval is not released. Approval is not that the money has been released for rehabilitation. It takes a lot of processes.”

The governor said he will only wait for the outcome of the project and not going to jubilate because the federal government announced the approval of the rehabilitation of the refinery.

“Let us see whether they won’t talk about the problem of releasing of funds or because of this reason and that reason,” he said.

“So I’m not going to jubilate because the federal government said they have approved $1.5 billion for the rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery. I thank God, you said so but let us wait and see the outcome of it at the end of the day.”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-wont-jubilate-yet-wike-reacts-to-approval-of-1-5bn-for-port-harcourt-refinery/amp

1 Like

Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2021
wink
Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by yinkus6750(m): 8:08am On Mar 18, 2021
Jubilation?
For wasting money on an already failed venture.
After huge amounts on maintainance turn around
Don't know why they can't build a new one.
Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by nonoski: 8:09am On Mar 18, 2021
Okoko
Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by chatinent: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2021
Jubilation on public funds as though yours?

Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by Draslo(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2021
Imagine these words from a governor. He's essentially telling us to wait and see because they might as well still steal the funds. Cheiiii!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Won’t Jubilate Yet’ — Wike Reacts To Approval Of $1.5bn For Port Harcourt Ref by BlackfireX: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2021
we are patriots

good news to River state , good news to genuine Nigerians... not children of hate and fallen demon

let this PDP thug know that our Darling president is doing everything to take the country out poverty, and as a no - nonsense president his eyes will be on that money like hawk

we are patriots,
we the youths stand with our Darling president

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is The Worst President Ever In The History Of The World. / Granting Asylum To IPOB/MASSOB, Disrespectful To Nigeria-lai Mohammed Attacksuk / Lagosians, How Are You Coping With The Okada Ban??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.