Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) (33752 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo, Juventus Players Celebrate Coppa Italia Final Win (Photos) / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Celebrate Copa Del Rey Trophy Win (Photos,Video) / Barcelona Squad Left Their Dressing Room Dirty After CL Win (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by daniel7328(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
seborrhic:

The same mancity that a relegation threatened Lyon defeated last season;that an average Sevilla defeated 3 seasons ago;that a not that impressive Spurs defeated home and away 3 seasons ago and a Liverpool thrashed home and away?
If you are a football observer,you should know not to trust City from the quarter finals.
Even a Kano pillars can beat them at that stage.

I can bet my balls that Chelsea can't Beat Man City
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by KingAzubuike(f): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
They should celebrate for now....because the celebration is gonna be ephemeral

Ogbeni una nor get luck say athletico Madrid nor sabi defend again

That year when athletico Madrid be athletico Madrid ehnnn
You nor go score them and them nor go score you
Juanfran
Diego Godin
Felipe luiz
Gimenez
Miranda
If you too sabi play ball
As in say you good well well like Barcelona then you go come manage win them by 2:1
Then to worsen the case maybe them go first score you
Just know say your own don finish
The game go come bloody
All those defenders go collect yellow card tire but still you nor go score them

I be Barcelona fan....but i can bet my balls that champions league nor go reach una hand
But na wetin happen in 2004/2005 want repeat itself
...liverpool finished outside of the top 4 in 2004/2005
But won the champions league

So na liverpool get champions league this season
Now because atletico lost, it's because they no sabi defend again like before?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Uzi11enzo: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Juanfran
Diego Godin
Felipe luiz
Gimenez
Miranda
As in say you good well well like Barcelona then you go come manage win them by 2:1
The game go come bloody

I be Barcelona fan....but i can bet my balls that champions league nor go reach una hand

U dey talk anyhow lmfao. History or no history, Atletico Madrid still good, their defence still good. They are top of Laliga atm. They played against Madrid last weekend nd real were lucky to get away with a draw, a late equalizer from benzema. Na the Atletico Madrid wey Wan kill bayern Munich for second leg be this wey nor fit even score one single goal against chelsea both home and away. Yes, they drew against bayern in the second leg and should've won as they were clearly the better team. Nor forget say Na Atletico get the highest cleansheets for Laliga this season oo, nd Na dem dey first.
My point is; People voted Atletico for the win which is understandable. They were and are still one of the best teams with the best defence. But since Chelsea beat them with LITTLE OR NO DIFFICULTY, they deserve some credit at least. Chelsea go go far like it or not. Apart from Man city, Liverpool, and bayern, I do not see any other team that comes even close.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Asiseeit: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Valkan:
grin grin grin grin

Baba nah only Bayern and Manchester City dey fearsome, others are more or less same level. So as long as they avoid those 2, at least in the QFs, Chelsea get hope, especially based on recent form.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Uzi11enzo: 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
daniel7328:

I can bet my balls that Chelsea can't Beat Man City

We are no match for Man city, but this is football and anything can happen. I just pray we get to play Porto, Psg, Real Madrid or Dortmund next.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Asiseeit: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Uzi11enzo:

We are no match for Man city, but this is football and anything can happen. I just pray we get to play Porto, Psg, Real Madrid or Dortmund next.

Or Liverfluke cheesy. Nah RB Leipzig go mumu for them. They respected them too much that it stifled their game.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by fredoooooo: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
osamz007:
G

G

M

U

GGMUMU grin
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Seunfretty: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
When I see pple say funny things about Chelsea nt making it to the next round i just laff ...so many of this pple don't watch football tactically and don't understand strenght and weaknesses....i will try and point few things out to you....Chelsea is nt there yet and ofcourse i don't see dem winning champions league yet although noting is impossible but looking at the dedication dey had last night ...it will be difficult for any team to dump dem out....they are just like the lyon of last season.....someone said athletico was bad that's why they lost...no athletico was good but only played a better team....Chelsea nullified everything they attempted yesterday and those are the same thing they ave been doing in la liga which placed them on top ....
Meanwhile the reason for me saying it will be hard beaten this team is there balance in ability....they can defend and are compact with their back 5...and also they thrive on possession (an upgrade of wat conte played years back)....if they should play bayern today bayern will likely nt dominate dem...(no team has in the last like15games under tuchel)...psg on the other hand ain't special especially without neymar... mbappe is good but thrives on space ...something Chelsea ave been so good at restricting....without space thing will be hard ...the only weakness they ave is their attack needs to be more lethal which dey are working on......Chelsea is nt there yet but they have more than enough to face the bayern u pple hype...this is no more the Lampard team they dumped last season it's tuchels team a more sound and refined coach so they will work there asses out to even get a goal ...

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by daniel7328(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Uzi11enzo:

Abeg ooo no even talk of PSG, go ask Barca and Messi wet in Dem do them..

u fit just pray for Porto but dem fit also beat Una u can ask Juve..

Haaland for Dortmund e go just use Una score more goals to claim highest goal scorer..
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jelel6: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
seborrhic:

The same mancity that a relegation threatened Lyon defeated last season;that an average Sevilla defeated 3 seasons ago;that a not that impressive Spurs defeated home and away 3 seasons ago and a Liverpool thrashed home and away?
If you are a football observer,you should know not to trust City from the quarter finals.

Why I won't argue about the individual matches as you have analysed it, your overall conclusion about the Man City team is very wrong and based more on unsubstantiated 'feelings' and not reality.

Are you aware the almighty Real Madrid were knocked out in the round of 16 for 4-5 consecutive seasons around 2005-2009 or thereabouts?

There's a reason the European bookmarkers (sport's betting companies), for the past 4 seasons, has had man city either First or second of the UCL winners betting odds. These are the people who have the money to put it where their mouth is. This season, Man city is their first prediction followed by Bayern.

They are not going to believe that because they didn't pass the quarter finals in recent seasons, they'll not do it THE current season.

When Chelsea was absolutely strong around 2004-2009, they didn't win the CL. Semi-finals was a given every year except when Barca and Liverpool knock them out and went to the finals themselves. They then won it when they were absolutely shiiit.

Sometimes, you can even win it when it doesn't make sense. Just as Man City have currently been eliminated by teams there were far stronger than (Except the Liverpool QF).

They didn't play Sevilla.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by millionboi(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Good morning my brother's,
this is to remind you that 10,000 Yuan is 580,000 Naira.

Abeg when you bomb finish remember me.
meaning
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jizzison(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
ORLAHOLUWA:
They are just towncrier i bet my ball not balls dem go knock out by next match
My bro, I don't know which ball you're referring to but you'd better protect it very well.

That was how one guy said God should punish him if Chelsea qualified against Athletico Madrid yesterday. See what happened.

You can easily imagine how people will be quoting him left, right & center.

I'm sure that guy would be thinking of changing his nairaland moniker.

I repeat please protect your ball biko.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Stfe(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Juanfran
Diego Godin
Felipe luiz
Gimenez
Miranda
The game go come bloody

Ogeni! No be dat same atm defence c.rolanldo dey bang hatric 4 their head? Help me tell dat guy say na chelsea go win d ucl dis season,make he wake up from sleep,say l'pool no go win!
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by April4th(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
osamz007:
G

G

M

U

I’m a Man Utd fan, but it might end in premium tears as this man is back in the squad to face Man U

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jizzison(m): 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
jelel6:

Why I won't argue about the individual matches as you have analysed it, your overall conclusion about the Man City team is very wrong and based more on unsubstantiated 'feelings' and not reality.

Are you aware the almighty Real Madrid were knocked out in the round of 16 for 4-5 consecutive seasons around 2005-2009 or thereabouts?

There's a reason the European bookmarkers (sport's betting companies), for the past 4 seasons, has had man city either First or second of the UCL winners betting odds. These are the people who have the money to put it where their mouth is. This season, Man city is their first prediction followed by Bayern.

They are not going to believe that because they didn't pass the quarter finals in recent seasons, they'll not do it THE current season.

When Chelsea was absolutely strong around 2004-2009, they didn't win the CL. Semi-finals was a given every year except when Barca and Liverpool knock them out and went to the finals themselves. They then won it when they were absolutely shiiit.

Sometimes, you can even win it when it doesn't make sense. Just as Man City have currently been eliminated by teams there were far stronger than (Except the Liverpool QF).

They didn't play Sevilla.

I agree with you at some point, but guardiola sometimes annoys me with how he fields his starting XI, particularly against Lyon last season they could've gone far last season.

The only reason I'm convinced that man city will go far this season is due to their solidity at the back. The Ruben Dias factor.

Just look at the teams that knocked man city out apart from Liverpool.

Teams like Monaco, Tottenham, Lyon.

For me, right now it's a matter of who will knock them out this time around?
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jizzison(m): 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
April4th:

I’m a Man Utd fan, but it might end in premium tears as this man is back in the squad to face Man U
Yeah, it's no longer news.

I heard on sky sports he won't be rushed into the starting XI, but at some point in the game he will be introduced.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jizzison(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
daniel7328:

Haaland for Dortmund e go just use Una score more goals to claim highest goal scorer..
Tactical wise juve lacks, no thanks to pirlo.

The 2 things Dortmund have going for them is their athletism and Haaland, never depend on them defending a lead. They leak to many goals, check their bundesliga stats and their round of 16 game against Sevilla.

Porto and Dortmund are heading home bro.

Quarter final na their bus stop.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Ebuka78: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
daniel7328:

You last sentence shows that you don't know how to argue or bring valid reason. What has Haaland got to do with the subject?

Is he the only one that would play against opponent team?

Let's say Haaland is blocked and marked tightly, what other idea or thing can you say?

You are talking like all those illiterates at the football viewing centre.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Samirana360(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Juanfran
Diego Godin
Felipe luiz
Gimenez
Miranda
The game go come bloody

just sit down dey type rubbish....mumu
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Mescana22(m): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Good morning my brother's,
this is to remind you that 10,000 Yuan is 580,000 Naira.

Abeg when you bomb finish remember me.

Baba you get any Chinese site? I have all my tools just a site to catch fish( man especially) catching chinko don hard now ☹️☹️
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Josephtimrock(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
Afianmawazobia:
nice one i can see my kai,mount,rudiger,james & TT but odas unknown 2 me
d one lifting the weight is christensen
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by samistry(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
osamz007:
G

G

M

U
no be una mates dey play on Tuesdays and wednesdays
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Thunday1005(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Juanfran
Diego Godin
Felipe luiz
Gimenez
Miranda
The game go come bloody
Luck Home n away ?

Please someone should wake this guy up.

Even with the players you mentioned sef, we still beat them some season ago
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Ibadanpikin: 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
braveboy64:
We will judge Tuchel after playing Man Utd, Liverpool and ATM

PANEL OF JUDGES!!!
HOW FA
Arsenal awaits u.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Ibadanpikin: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
seborrhic:

I pray make uefa join chelsea n man city for quarter fina and we will see if this ur wide mouth won't b shut.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by djon78(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
I pray make uefa join chelsea n man city for quarter fina and we will see if this ur wide mouth won't b shut.

Oga no talk like that oo
The secret to this present Chelsea is Thomas Tuchel
He is tactically very good
This team was same lampard managed
But couldn't do anything with them

The three tactically sound Managers in the premier league presently are

Jurgen Kloop
Pep Guardiola
And now Thomas Tuchel is added

He and pep have not played any game before
So it will be a very hard one

If you watched the ATM game
Diego Simeon has his own tactics which is not bad

But Tuchel outfoxed Him

Winning or losing a game
All depends on the tactics of the manager
Tuchel tool a team that was awful under lampard
And turned them around
Simply because he is much tactically superior to lampard
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by Ibadanpikin: 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
djon78:

Oga no talk like that oo
The secret to this present Chelsea is Thomas Tuchel
He is tactically very good
This team was same lampard managed
But couldn't do anything with them

The three tactically sound Managers in the premier league presently are

Jurgen Kloop
Pep Guardiola
And now Thomas Tuchel is added

He and pep have not played any game before
So it will be a very hard one

If you watched the ATM game
Diego Simeon has his own tactics which is not bad

But Tuchel outfoxed Him

Winning or losing a game
All depends on the tactics of the manager
Tuchel tool a team that was awful under lampard
And turned them around
Simply because he is much tactically superior to lampard

The summary of all this ur explanation is that ur Tuchel will go this season unbeaten.let him win all the trophies available to him oo since he have a special tactics,but let him beat arteta's arsenal this season.
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by braveboy64(m): 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Arsenal awaits u.
Accurate Timekeeper Oshay
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by djon78(m): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
The summary of all this ur explanation is that ur Tuchel will go this season unbeaten.let him win all the trophies available to him oo since he have a special tactics,but let him beat arteta's arsenal this season.

You are not making any sense
Arteta is still a rookie
What has he managed

This particular Chelsea team people may underrate them
But they have one of the best sides in Europe
Lampard was a rookie
He had no clue of managing them
But look at how Tuchel has turned them around
The man is very good
He is a genuis
Look at Chelsea defense and midfield
That were leaking goals
Now they have only conceded 2 goals in 12 matches
The man is good
Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jelel6: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
jizzison:

I agree with you at some point, but guardiola sometimes annoys me with how he fields his starting XI, particularly against Lyon last season they could've gone far last season.

The only reason I'm convinced that man city will go far this season is due to their solidity at the back. The Ruben Dias factor.

Just look at the teams that knocked man city out apart from Liverpool.

Teams like Monaco, Tottenham, Lyon.

For me, right now it's a matter of who will knock them out this time around?

I agreed that Pep has tend to overcomplicate his line ups especially in those CL games. Perhaps, he's trying to be too clever by fixing things that aren't broken.

Against Liverpool, he didn't start Sterling, against Spurs, he didn't use debruye even though he was fit.

Then Lyon was the biggest travesty ever. He just beat Liverpools 4 nil in the PL with a back 4, then went on and used 3 center backs against Lyon. Losing a midfielder just to have more defenders against the Lyon. The 6 best team in Ligue 1. Pep deserved a Knock on his head.

They can be beated no doubt. But they'll always go into games as the slight favourite.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Players Celebrate Late Goal In Atletico Madrid Win (Photos, Video) by jizzison(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
jelel6:

I agreed that Pep has tend to overcomplicate his line ups especially in those CL games. Perhaps, he's trying to be too clever by fixing things that aren't broken.

Against Liverpool, he didn't start Sterling, against Spurs, he didn't use debruye even though he was fit.

Then Lyon was the biggest travesty ever. He just beat Liverpools 4 nil in the PL with a back 4, then went on and used 3 center backs against Lyon. Losing a midfielder just to have more defenders against the Lyon. The 6 best team in Ligue 1. Pep deserved a Knock on his head.

They can be beated no doubt. But they'll always go into games as the slight favourite.
You've said it all my bro.

We await tomorrow's draw.

Hope you saw tottenham's Europa league exit against Dinamo Zagreb?

You've seen the definition of calamity.

Harry Kane and Son should just submit their transfer request so as so taste silverware abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Scores 2 Free-kicks Vs Celta Vigo For Barca, Fans React (Photos) / Kjaer Being Considered For AC Milan Captaincy After Saving Eriksen / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Champions League Best Player Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.