Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me (1171 Views)

Forgive Me When I Said That APC Is An Islamic Party, It Was A Joke –ekwunife / No Refund Of Money After Payment.senator Uzodimma To Ohakim / Oba Olofa Of Offa Dethroned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me by udoagwu: 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
Dethroned Eze Ohanwe to Ohakim Forgive me

The dethroned Traditional Ruler of Isiama Autonomous Community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, Dr. Oliver Ohanwe has swallowed his words and made a volt face to support the man who brought him down from the royal stool to the detriment of his long-time friend, Senator Ifeanyi Godwin Araraume.
In a release confirmed to be signed by Dr. Oliver Ohanwe and made available to Nigerian Horn, the repentant former traditional ruler, tendered an unreserved apology to the governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim for the pains and embarrassment he might have caused him in the past through his conduct.
Dr. Ohanwe also stated categorically that he shall henceforth remain steadfast in his resolve to not only support the administration of Governor Ohakim, but to also shun all acts that are capable  of soiling the reputation of the people of Isiala Mbano Local Government Area in particular and Okigwe Zone in general.
His words: ‘I call on all my political associates who might have been misled in the past through acts of omission or commission committed  by me to please overlook the past as we turn into more patriotic citizens to work for the peace, progress and stability of Okigwe zone,  nay Imo State”.
According to the statement, the former royal father who was humiliated by governor Ohakim in 2008, when he dethroned him as traditional ruler of his community stated that he has align himself completely with the stand of the political leaders and traditional rulers of the zone that governor Ikedi Ohakim remain the only Okigwe zone candidate that should enjoy the support of the zone regarding the April 26th governorship election in the state.
Dr. Ohanwe in the statement therefore called on Chief Ifeanyi Araraume, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governorship candidate and other governorship candidates   from Okigwe zone to withdraw from the contest immediately and join hands with rest of Imo people to ensure a resounding victory for governor Ohakim’s re-election.
He however emphasized that Okigwe zone are proud of Ikedi Ohakim who he maintained has shown an uncommon sense of    mission in the four years he has been on the saddle as governor of Imo State.
Dr. Ohanwe the statement further stated, congratulated the Senator-elect of Okigwe zone, Ambassador Mathew Nwagwu and his brother, Hon. Chikwem Onuoha, the House of Representatives member-elect for Okigwe North Federal Constituency for their victory at the recently held National Assembly.
He finally stated “I join my kith and kin in the zone in insisting that the subsisting Imo character of Equity, to which I am a signatory and as such, the current attempt by Rochas Okorocha, an Orlu zone indigene, to rubbish the understanding in pursuit of personal ambition remains an affront to the collective integrity of the entire people of Imo State. If allowed, the consequences will be detrimental not only to Okigwe zone but also to Owerri zone”.
Re: Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me by Dede1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
@POSTER

You are not ashamed to start a thread that depicts political vendetta and wanton display of power drunkenness by Ohakim. Do you realize that Ohakim can not remain governor of Imo State forever?
Re: Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me by Fogman(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
What else do you expect from the man? If not to sing the praises of OHakim to high heaven, so he could be reinstated.
Re: Dethroned Eze Ohanwe To Ohakim Forgive Me by fyncorp: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2011
Bravo HRH Eze Ohanwe.You have made the right decision.

(1) (Reply)

Cute Osama's Son Who Never Supported His Father / Breaking News Breaking News! Three Die As Boko Haram Bombs Church / 'Occupy Aso Rock' - 'The Nigerian Harmattan Protests'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.