Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate (15882 Views)

APC Wins Akure South, North Federal Constituency Bye-Election / Imo North Senate Seat: Court Restrains INEC From Recognizing Ararume As Winner / Princess Miriam Onuoha: APC Wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by garfield1: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
fergie001:

His disqualification stemmed from before the primaries, but did Ararume or any other candidate go to Court? NO.

How did the SC erroneously choose Ibezim? Abegi grin

The case been filed is already academic. It is post-election, hence he should visit the tribunal. He didn't come second...he is trying to resurrect his "own primaries" which already has been "killed" by the Court.

Ararume didn't come second so has no stake to the primaries. Even the second person, tried to join the case at the Appeal Court in the case between Augustine Elebeke v Ibezim, APC & INEC.
The Court turned it down.

He lost at the Appeal Court and eventually lost at the Appeal Court.

He cannot benefit from the high court judgement because he didn't finish second.

Head or tail....HE is OUT.

Nwosu also told the Court that he was candidate because that was what he presented to the Court...and the Court upheld, what happened at the end?

A High Court cannot enforce a judgement where the individual has no locus to institute same.

He is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the Court but nay, kolewerk.

Go follow Ararume's case against Rochas during his second term..you will know he is used to this and it still will amount to nothing.

The aim is to make sure apc retains the ticket.why should he go to tribunal when araraume and uwa did not? Uwajumogu came third but got a court judgment,araraume case cannot be different...
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by garfield1: 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
fergie001:

Leave your disappointment....what would I tell you that is supporting Ararume who is looking for where to buy judgement.

An Ararume that has no stake. Why is Okorocha also supporting Ararume with impunity before the Courts.

They are even helping the Supreme Court come to an obvious conclusion. They are helping PDP kill Ibezim TOTALLY.

How can you even support an Ararume that came third?....Funny.

Late uwajumogu came third.
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by fergie001: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
garfield1:

The aim is to make sure apc retains the ticket.why should he go to tribunal when araraume and uwa did not? Uwajumogu came third but got a court judgment,araraume case cannot be different...
Let him continue wasting his time.

He made a mistake....awaiting the SC to make a judgement on Ibezim and APC primaries has killed any "illegality" he would have perpetrated.
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by garfield1: 11:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
fergie001:

Let him continue wasting his time.

He made a mistake....awaiting the SC to make a judgement on Ibezim and APC primaries has killed any "illegality" he would have perpetrated.

Why are you dodging the uwajumogu and okorocha citations
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by fergie001: 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
garfield1:

Why are you dodging the uwajumogu and okorocha citations
I discuss cases I am very conversant with.

This one I am very very conversant with. They are helping out Okewulonu there.

None of them will benefit from it.
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by garfield1: 12:27am On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

I discuss cases I am very conversant with.

This one I am very very conversant with. They are helping out Okewulonu there.

None of them will benefit from it.

Am disappointed.you are conversant with almost or all electoral cases.I remember before the 2019 presidential polls,you were not conversant with all these cases but you suddenly developed interest and here we are.even at that,since I have been citing them,you are supposed to investigate or at the least accede to me after all we have not seen a case like this araraume own.

See,this araraume case did not start today.he went to court immediately the fhc disq ibezim.immediately apc was declared winner of imo north,he asked the fhc to declare him the right candidate and give him the cert of return even before the appeal court disq ibezim.unfortunately,a lot of delays and hiccups prevented the declaration until today.it is the fault of the court not araraume...

Please,go through the uwajumogu case and he properly guided before replying
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by fergie001: 1:18am On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Am disappointed.you are conversant with almost or all electoral cases.I remember before the 2019 presidential polls,you were not conversant with all these cases but you suddenly developed interest and here we are.even at that,since I have been citing them,you are supposed to investigate or at the least accede to me after all we have not seen a case like this araraume own.

See,this araraume case did not start today.he went to court immediately the fhc disq ibezim. Immediately apc was declared winner of imo north,he asked the fhc to declare him the right candidate and give him the cert of return even before the appeal court disq ibezim.unfortunately,a lot of delays and hiccups prevented the declaration until today.it is the fault of the court not araraume...

Please,go through the uwajumogu case and he properly guided before replying
Well, whatever suits you.

The truth about it is....you are looking for a silver lining....you will get none because the case is crystal clear.

I will paraphrase for the last time.

Ararume conducted his own factional primaries....

The national leadership of the APC which bears the responsibility of conducting Primaries ( as recognised by law), carried out theirs.

In Ararume's primaries....he came tops.
In that conducted by APC...Ararume came 3rd and Ibezim tops.

APC sent Ibezim's name as recognised by law.

Dissatisfied, he went to Court...this is a pre-election matter and extinguishes after 14 days of the cause of action.

He didn't join Ibezim in the suit, the FHC rejected his own primaries for not having signatures and instead upheld that carried out by the APC.

His argument had been that the 1st and 2nd were disqualified before the elections..and the Court erroneously upheld it.

Mind you...the screening Committee had screened out members but the National Leadership overruled it and cleared all 14 candidates.

Pre-Primary cases are non-justiceable as explained in the familiar case between Alaibe v Diri. It falls within the purview of the Party.

He didn't go to Court anyways, on the disqualification..

Ibezim joined the suit and a day before the elections, the Appeal Court okayed the Appeal.

On the same day, Ibezim lost at the FHC in the case where Ararume wasn't a party to the suit. Augustine Elebeke v Ibezim, APC & INEC.

NONE GOT A STAY OF EXECUTION or an INTERIM INJUNCTION.

Ararume has gone to the SC and the SC affirmed that Ibezim was the candidate.

Ibezim is now at the Supreme Court on his eligibility issues so how can Ararume try to ambush the Courts when Ibezim still has the window of appeal in law.

Ogunwumiju (JCA at the time) explained this thoroughly in the Ogar v Ikpeazu case. Okon Abang had issued an order that Ikpeazu's CoR should be given to Ogar who lost in the PDP primaries to Ikpeazu.

She cautioned that until the full cycle of appeal is dealt with...nothing should take precedence.

How can Ararume come to cause confusion or are you saying that when Diri lost at the tribunal, he should have vacated his seat?

Peradventure, there is even a case for APC....Ararume didn't finish second.

It is trite law....that pre-election cases end before the results are announced. Ararume going to Court after results have been announced have already made it post-election....Only the tribunal can solve that puzzle. He (Ararume) has no locus standi to institute same.

Issues of substitution, qualification, disqualification, and nomination are pre-election.

APC even yesterday in Court insisted Ararume isn't and wasn't their candidate.

Even in the APP case against Nwosu, it was past 14 days but yet was before the election.

I don't know how to explain it again. Ararume is on a wild-goose chase.

kahal29 ejimatic
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by garfield1: 1:47am On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

Well, whatever suits you.

The truth about it is....you are looking for a silver lining....you will get none because the case is crystal clear.

I will paraphrase for the last time.

Ararume conducted his own factional primaries....

The national leadership of the APC which bears the responsibility of conducting Primaries ( as recognised by law), carries out theirs.

In Ararume's primaries....he came tops
In that conducted by APC...Ararume came 3rd and Ibezim tops.

APC sent Ibezim's name as recognised by law.

Dissatisfied, he went to Court...this is a pre-election matter and extinguishes after 14 days of the cause of action.

He didn't join Ibezim in the suit, the FHC rejected his own primaries for not having signatures and instead upheld that carried out by the APC.

His argument had been that the 1st and 2nd were disqualified before the elections..and the Court erroneously upheld it.

Ibezim joined the suit and a day before the elections, the Appeal Court okayed the Appeal.

On the same day, Ibezim lost at the FHC in the case where Ararume wasn't a party to the suit. Augustine Elebeke v Ibezim, APC & INEC.

NONE GOT A STAY OF EXECUTION or an INTERIM INJUNCTION.

Ararume has gone to the SC and the SC affirmed that Ibezim was the candidate.

Ibezim is now at the Supreme Court on his eligibility issues so how can Ararume try to ambush the Courts when Ibezim still has the window of appeal in law.

Ogunwumiju (JCA at the time) has explained this thoroughly in the Ogar v Ikpeazu case. Okon Abang had issued an order that Ikpeazu's CoR should be given to Ogar who lost in the PDP primaries to Ikpeazu.

She cautioned that until the full cycle of appeal is dealt with...nothing should take precedence.

How can Ararume come to cause confusion or are you saying that when Diri lost at the tribunal, he should have vacated his seat?

Peradventure, there is even a case for APC....Ararume didn't finish second.

It is trite law....that pre-election cases end once the results have been announced. Ararume going to Court after results have been announced have already made it post-election....Only the tribunal can solve that puzzle. He (Ararume) has no locus standi to institute same.

Issues of substitution, qualification, disqualification, and nomination are pre-election.

APC even today in Court insisted Ararume isn't and wasn't their candidate.

Even in the APP case against Nwosu, it was past 14 days but yet was before the election.

I don't know how to explain it again. Ararume is on a wild-goose chase.

kahal29 ejimatic

Too windy.see,I understand you but this is an unusual case and will bring an unusual results.for the last time,go and read okorocha vs inec and uwajumogu vs inec which will give you a clearer view about limitations of pre and post election cases.you are looking at it from the face value....

My brother,if the apex court disq ibezim, it will take effect from the 4th of DEC 2020 which means he was never apc's candidate by law.apc never submitted his name.two names were before and are still before inec.with ibezim out,only araraume remains standing.
The issue of araraume finishing third has been killed by the courts.even in the valid primaries by apc,he was validated.the courts has refused to give the guy that actually finished 2nd face.they refused him joining the suits.araraume through his legal battles has been elevated by the courts to 2nd position and an illegality has been legalized...
Apc opposing yesterday judgment is funny because the court already nullified ibezim candidature just before the polls.mind you,a fhc declared araraume winner of the primaries long before the elections and apc duly submitted his name long ago just before an appeal court overturned it which means apc subbed names.that is why I said you should also look at this case from the angle of wrongful substitution...inec are now left with two names and one name is out pending the apex court ruling...

Again,if the apex court knocks out ibezim,I an 80% sure that they will stop short of giving a consequential order just like the lower courts did.this means that yesterday's consequential will stand and pdp will be judicially stranded.this is why I said araraume acted fast...

Let us pray that the supreme court affirms ibezim and end this saga.but so far,araraume has won the most legal battles in this war.he holds the advantage

Let me simplify it.the deciding factor was that justice ekwo judgment on the eve of the election.it killed ibezim's ambition.since araraume name was already with inec for long,it means his name should continue being there.again from the judgment of the supreme courts,they have more or less recognized araraume as the first runner up.the court simply promoted him and will take him to the senate
Re: Imo North: Federal High Court Affirms Ararume As APC Candidate by fergie001: 2:23am On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Too windy.see,I understand you but this is an unusual case and will bring an unusual results.for the last time,go and read okorocha vs inec and uwajumogu vs inec which will give you a clearer view about limitations of pre and post election cases.you are looking at it from the face value....
The case is clear-cut and very direct.
The Uwajumogu case was a post-election matter, that went through the tribunal nah, or is there any other.

This case here is a pre-election one.

My brother,if the apex court disq ibezim, it will take effect from the 4th of DEC 2020 which means he was never apc's candidate by law.apc never submitted his name.two names were before and are still before inec.with ibezim out,only araraume remains standing.

The issue of araraume finishing third has been killed by the courts.even in the valid primaries by apc,he was validated.the courts has refused to give the guy that actually finished 2nd face.they refused him joining the suits.araraume through his legal battles has been elevated by the courts to 2nd position and an illegality has been legalized...

It will not take effect from December 4, it will take effect from when the substitution window closed down for the APC.
Worse still,he could have gotten a stay of Execution order before the election like Lyon and Ebebi. Infact, neither he nor Ararume got a SoE.

Ararume isn't a party to the suit but APC & INEC.
Even if APC were to be given the ticket, it isn't Ararume. He didn't finish second. The Court doesn't elevate or promote a candidate.
This is a pre-election matter and not post-election where fourth can come first.

The SC refused PDP to join the suit doesn't mean Okewulonu cannot benefit from the judgement.

No illegality was legalised.....albeit where it matters most.

Apc opposing yesterday judgment is funny because the court already nullified ibezim candidature just before the polls.mind you,a fhc declared araraume winner of the primaries long before the elections and apc duly submitted his name long ago just before an appeal court overturned it which means apc subbed names.that is why I said you should also look at this case from the angle of wrongful substitution...inec are now left with two names and one name is out pending the apex court ruling...
What is wrongful substitution? Will INEC tell the Courts what to do?
INEC is infact waiting on the Courts. There was no conflicting judgement, as you will even always say, that the higher Court judgement should stand.....

Ararume didn't win the primaries.

It is the Supreme Court that ambushed them all by settling who is the candidate of the Party. Ibezim fails, APC fails. FACT

Ordinarily, Omegara should be the Party's candidate but APC didn't play their cards. Now the SC has helped them nail their fates.

PDP and Matawalle weren't a party to the Zamfara suit, were their chances knocked out?

That you aren't a party to the suit doesn't kill your chance.

You are looking for an opening, but there is none;
If a Party submits the name of a candidate, and days to the election, the candidate is found wanting..what happens to the party?
Do they have a candidate?

APC submitted....Ibezim. Court said No, it is Ararume. Appeal said NO...it remains Ibezim. Ibezim now has k-leg, APC has no candidate.
You know this already......don't you?

If Alaibe had defeated Diri....will the PDP produce any Governor in Bayelsa? If NO, why?

HEAR THE SC;

".....holds the view that the lower court (Court of Appeal) was right in coming to the conclusion that the first respondent (Ibezim) was shut out and denied of his right to be heard as a necessary party in the suit at the trial court (Federal High Court).

“Therefore, the proceedings of the trial court constitute a nullity and must be struck out. Appellant’s appeal, therefore, lacked merit and it is hereby dismissed.

Again,if the apex court knocks out ibezim,I an 80% sure that they will stop short of giving a consequential order just like the lower courts did.this means that yesterday's consequential will stand and pdp will be judicially stranded.this is why I said araraume acted fast...

Let us pray that the supreme court affirms ibezim and end this saga.but so far,araraume has won the most legal battles in this war.he holds the advantage

The SC destroyed the two appeals filed by Ararume by both himself and his proxy, Benjamin's widow.

Hahaha....I now see your angle. Pray for which Ibezim, he should go and get a paper jareh.

The truth is simple....With the Courts going in one direction, a guess might be taken at what the SC will say wrt Ibezim. I wouldn't pre-empt them anyways.

Odili will likely CHAIR it....and you know our ladies in the SC "no dey look anybody face".....If it is Odili, or Kekere-Ekun or Augie, you will get that order you are looking for.

All this we are saying is for academic reasons. The moment the SC says Ibezim has won, all this one is rhetorics OR the moment they disqualify Ibezim, the APC has no candidate...the party with the second highest valid votes be returned....You know that's a fact.

Let me simplify it.the deciding factor was that justice ekwo judgment on the eve of the election.it killed ibezim's ambition.since araraume name was already with inec for long,it means his name should continue being there.again from the judgment of the supreme courts,they have more or less recognized araraume as the first runner up.the court simply promoted him and will take him to the senate

What is for long..... grin grin

Ok...since we are calculating how long....let's calculate.

Ibezim's name was submitted September 14, 2020.
The Court upheld Ararume Nov 06, 2020.

The Court now acted Dec 04....which is longer? grin grin grin

The Court doesn't promote a candidate....He filed an appeal, just like anybody who participates in a primary.

If you feel aggrieved in a primary election, you can go to Court as long as you participated.

After all... Uwajumogu scored 1000+, Ubah scored 49 and they went to Court grin grin.

Matthew Omegara came second and yet cannot benefit from anything, with the SC ruling on who is the candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State Owing Me N8bn Security Votes - Okorocha Faults Corruption Claims / Prince Alade Oyediran, Ogbomoso Oil Magnate, Murdered / Edgal Imohinmi Replaces Fatai Owoseni As Lagos State Commissioner Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.