Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? (284 Views)

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by The5DME(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
The rate of poverty in this country is not a foreign idea to us in this country we found ourselves in and in an attempt to 'overcome' this poverty and lack of enabling facilities in the country; we opt for a higher education in the respective universities established in the country; as it is supposed to be in a sane and developed country.
But, I've noticed that going for a degree,in some certain courses, has the potential to even make one more hopeless in a hopeless country and this begs me to raise the: should one choose a course of study in a university based on it's lucrativity or for passion's sake?
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by The5DME(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anwsers are needed.
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by Adekunle813: 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
It's sad that some students are been given another course thereby losing their preferred to alternative ones

But I will advice you go for the course you like notwithstanding but if it becomes a hard nut, kindly do the one u are given and knack it with passion, Nigeria is not smiling o

#Peace
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by jayinfo2(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
Study any course.

Then come out with a very good grade is the most important.
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
jayinfo2:
Study any course.

Then come out with a very good grade is the most important.
undecided Bad advice
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
The advice my aunty gave me was. Choose something that will put something on the table for you and your family first. She said a time will come when you will question your interest and Passion but what keeps you moving forward is how your family will be comfortable.
Lastly No course is useless. Normally we ought to practice what we've studied but it doesn't mean we can't delve into anything we desire. I think the MD of First bank studied veterinary medicine but she currently works in a bank. All those times I am sure she was practicing, she had to market drugs, food and treatment to clients became very effective in banking.
Avogadro a popular scientist was a lawyer but he's Known for the Avogadro's law because he questioned things which is typical of Lawyers
Cyprian Ekwensi was a Biology Teacher before becoming a popular Writer. His description of things in his book was gotten from how descriptive Biology as a subject is.
Most importantly learn skills which are invoke.
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by PatrickAnth: 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Study is very important now.
But I thing first off all you should follow your dreams
If you want to be a singer you don't need to study math
Thats obvious
Also if it is hard for you to study you probably will need some Paperhelp but you shouldn't be shame of that. I think that's a good way to save your time
Re: Should One Choose A Course To Study Based On Lucrativity Or Passion? by Karleb(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
Bleep passion! I repeat Bleep passion!

Eyes on the money 24/7, 365 and twice on Sunday!

(1) (Reply)

Know This / Deleted thread / Ifortis Corporate Internship Program (apply Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.