Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July (18393 Views)

Super Tucano Aircraft Destroy ISWAP Armoury, Training Bases In Lake Chad / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by smallsmall: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
heckymaicon:
Everytime Presidency or FG.

Where is Buhari?

Somewhere in Niger Republic, six feet under. undecided
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Hamburgfinest(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hamburgfinest:
what a shame,who did this to us,a fighter jets they used during Second World War ,after 80 years and Nigerian are celebrating it.
Nigeria government can afford tornados which is obtainable in Germany at a very cheap price.even me I can supply it to them

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by faste: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
davillian:
Lmao
They swear for Una with tucano jets no?
Can't compare old Nokia to new Samsung...
Make Una buy the F series jets abeg
No mine them.Boko haram will bring all down one by one
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by samonak(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
marvin906:

F16 and mig for coin war
Are you ok

You de mind the uninformed Muntula? Super Tucano is best suited for COIN ops as a result of its loiter time and weapons delivery package. Apart from it, another craft that can do de job is A10 "warthog" capable of shooting 4000 rounds per minute. Or an assortment of Apache, Mi -35 choppers.
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by freemanq(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
My only question to this is Are we really at WAR?,buying of this planes will it put food on our Table.Boko haram was Man made and it will only take man to stop it as well.Buying of fighter jets will create more harm than Good, I still wonder what happened to the ones Goodluck Jonathan brought
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by AmazingELixir: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Even Ukraine is planning to replace it's L-39s with the Super Tucano.

https://defence-blog.com/news/ukraine-looking-to-replace-l-39-with-super-tucano-trainer.html

grin grin grin

Ukraine acquiring L-39s Trainers for Super Tucano trainers .....and your country is acquiring 12 of them for high end combat purposes....you lots are bunch of jokers
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by mbaise1000: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
uptimum123:
With the delivery, the war on terrorists which also includes ESN,IPOB and Bandits will take a new dimension.

To our Armed Forces, I say burn them all

May God Bless Nigeria Armed Forces
May God Bless Patriotic Nigerians
May God Bless Baba Buhari
May God Bless Tinubu

Lol, a lost soul in denial, those things if really they were bought is for boko haram, it will be delivered to them if what we read about 1'5 billion dollar ones are true, you are doing the ostrich and it fits you fine
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by bularuz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good move though I doubt it will change anything
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by simonsayz: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
am sure dey rented it to snap...dey will return it later
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by lexy2014: 11:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
dele31:
Fingers crossed. I hope it will help win the fight against insurgency.

What have all d equipment brought so far achieved that u are still hoping?
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by mbaise1000: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Sirjamo:
When Azazi told the whole World that your Poverty Development Party was behind boko haram, the PDP mafias quickly arranged helicopter accident for him.

Every one knows that the miserable poverty development party created bh, kidnapping started in the south east during their time. PDP will never smell aso rock again, never.

Some people can be so dumb, kidnapping started in the south east and soutj east cannot produce a president? What has this got to do with the thread?
BTW did igbos tell you they want your presidency?we all know that the few igbo people interested in your presidency are the saboteurs among us, the average igbo man is not intetested in the zoo, we are not unity beggers, that's why our fathers fought for freedom and thsts still why majority of igbos are still supporting kanu and IPOB, BTW again tell me why you hate kanu and IPOB

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by lexy2014: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
uptimum123:
With the delivery, the war on terrorists which also includes ESN,IPOB and Bandits will take a new dimension.

May God Bless Tinubu

So which dimension has d war on terrorists been taking all this while? Did sheik gumi need 6 military aircrafts before he was able to locate d operational base of bandits?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by lexy2014: 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sirjamo:
When Azazi told the whole World that your Poverty Development Party was behind boko haram, the PDP mafias quickly arranged helicopter accident for him.

Every one knows that the miserable poverty development party created bh, kidnapping started in the south east during their time. PDP will never smell aso rock again, never.

Kidnapping didn't start in d SE.

If PDP is poverty development party, can u state how APC has created wealth and enriched nigerians?

Since APC is now in aso rock, how has it done better than PDP in improving d living standard of nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by marvin906(m): 1:25am On Mar 19, 2021
AmazingELixir:

Get off my mention....I've got no energy for non entities.

Next time don't argue what you have no Ides about
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Litmus: 1:50am On Mar 19, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Shekau and Fulani's now.....

[img]https://media./images/dba830fd41051ac3c69c68b7d87f55b3/tenor.gif[/img]

Aptly enough, looks like they're dancing in hell’s foreground
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by sayisayi(m): 2:18am On Mar 19, 2021
[quote author=uptimum123 post=99996942]With the delivery, the war on terrorists which also includes ESN,IPOB and Bandits will take a new dimension.

Vai tomar no cu!
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by sayisayi(m): 2:21am On Mar 19, 2021
lexy2014:

So which dimension has d war terrorists been taking all this while? Did sheik gumi need 6 military aircrafts before he was able to locate d operational base of bandits?

Forget that clown, from time he said he supports Thiefnubi (who has been dribbled like Maradona by the Fulani) he just pushed himself into the clown category
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by lookingfly: 6:46am On Mar 19, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://punchng.com/breaking-six-super-tucano-aircraft-to-arrive-in-nigeria-july-presidency/
must this useless government dish out all security details to the public all in the name of proving they're working and compromising the military.
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by knowhowk: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2021
uptimum123:

May God Bless Tinubu
. You did not mention BOKO HARAM
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Tvoice: 7:46am On Mar 19, 2021
heckymaicon:
Everytime Presidency or FG.

Where is Buhari?

E don loss
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Litmus: 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Day169: 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
marvin906:

Let me ask you a question think very well..
If your boko haram..
Between the tucano that is for ground attack and a fighter jet designed for air to air combat which of this will you be scared off
I get your point bro but I believe it still doesn't justify the humongous price.
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by marvin906(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Day169:

I get your point bro but I believe it still doesn't justify the humongous price.

That price isn't for just the planes..
It includes a new run way..
And upgrade of Kanji dam base for the planes..
Aside that spare parts and missles are added
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by kbrisco: 1:34am On Mar 20, 2021
dele31:
Fingers crossed. I hope it will help win the fight against insurgency.

It won't. The Israelis already offered us Harop drone but northerners don't want Boko Haram to lose out so they cancelled it for Super Tucano that cannot idle or transmit data the way Harop can

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by kbrisco: 1:37am On Mar 20, 2021
Day169:

Oga we both know that Israeli drones is what we should have bought. Even Turkish drones would have been better.

Super Tucano is ground attack, but given the nature of the threat we are facing, it would make more sense for us to use Kamikaze drones because they make it easy for us to start spotting Boko bases and the drone can linger for up to 18 hours. Tucano cannot do that

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Day169: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
marvin906:

That price isn't for just the planes..
It includes a new run way..
And upgrade of Kanji dam base for the planes..
Aside that spare parts and missles are added
Well, it makes a little more sense with the elucidation, but factoring the cost of the base upgrade and runway makes it all the more suspicious.
FYI, I checked the estimated price of the planes online and it revealed a unit cost of $20 to $30 million, so would the cost of the base upgrade, and missiles amount to at least $10 million per plane?
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Day169: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
kbrisco:

Oga we both know that Israeli drones is what we should have bought. Even Turkish drones would have been better.

Super Tucano is ground attack, but given the nature of the threat we are facing, it would make more sense for us to use Kamikaze drones because they make it easy for us to start spotting Boko bases and the drone can linger for up to 18 hours. Tucano cannot do that
I concur with you on that one!
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by marvin906(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
Day169:

Well, it makes a little more sense with the elucidation, but factoring the cost of the base upgrade and runway makes it all the more suspicious.
FYI, I checked the estimated price of the planes online and it revealed a unit cost of $20 to $30 million, so would the cost of the base upgrade, and missiles amount to at least $10 million per plane?

I can't say the actual amount for the upgrade.
You also need to put into Consideration this is a country to country direct business..
Not a middle man kind of business..
So the chances of foul play is low
Re: Garba Shehu: Six Super Tucano aircraft to arrive in Nigeria By July by Day169: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
marvin906:

I can't say the actual amount for the upgrade.
You also need to put into Consideration this is a country to country direct business..
Not a middle man kind of business..
So the chances of foul play is low
Ok then.
We'll keep hoping for the best. It's all we've got now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Campaign In Mecca, Desecration Of Religious Sanctuary – NAHCON / #panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / US Reps Ilhan Omar And Rashida Tlaib Barred From Visiting Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.