Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US (1076 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" / Do You Agree With Volvo Exec That China Now Makes Better Quality Cars Than Europ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by GreaterFuture(m): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
I'm hearing it for the third time today. That UK used Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundai, Even trucks, tippers etc are usually more sound, have better mileage and last longer than the ones from say USA and co.

Car experts Pls enlighten me
Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
You no Dey hear American Specs
Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by Lexusgs430: 6:28am On Mar 19, 2021
GreaterFuture:
I'm hearing it for the third time today. That UK used Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundai, Even trucks, tippers etc are usually more sound, have better mileage and last longer than the ones from say USA and co.

This is no further from the truth....... UK vehicles undertake proper MOT certifications, a failure means your car is deemed not road worthy......

So you have 2 choices only.......

- Fix it (take it for a retest afterwards)

OR

- Scrap it.......

Vehicles from America, are not MOT tested.......

The problem you have with UK vehicles is, they drive on the RIGHT side......... cheesy

NB: Before I get bashed, I mean a holistic test within all regions and states..... I know about the tag system, but it's not a general approach........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by GreaterFuture(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This is no further from the truth....... UK vehicles undertake proper MOT certifications, a failure means your car is deemed not road worthy......

So you have 2 choices only.......

- Fix it (take it for a retest afterwards)

OR

- Scrap it.......

Vehicles from America, are not MOT tested.......

The problem you have with UK vehicled is, they drive on the RIGHT side......... cheesy
Hmmmn...
@bolded, but they convert it to right very well here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Hmmmn...
@bolded, but they convert it to right very well here in Nigeria

If not done correctly/professionally, that would be the vehicles achilles heel............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by nnadychuks(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
GreaterFuture:

converting from RHD to LHD is a no no... secondly, you should change the oil filters; US filters adapt to their temperature but will cause over heating over here.
The main reason why your cars from US and Canada won’t last is “snow factor” and “salting”. Salt from the snow reacts with iron and cause terrible rusts underneath the vehicle. If you’re opportune to check the full view of the vehicles from these countries you’ll observe rusts in the chassis and other metal parts
Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by GreaterFuture(m): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If not done correctly/professionally, that would be the vehicles achilles heel............. cheesy
Are there people that can do it very well readily available in Nigeria?
Re: Is It True That UK Cars Last Longer And Are Better Quality Han Cars From The US by oluayebenz: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
I heard UK vehicle has better mileage than US and Canada.

Their engines last longer than the US, Canada is worst, always high mileage vehicles

(1) (Reply)

Sold! Clean Mini-bus For Sale. Less Than 3 Months Used. ( See Picture) / Check Out The Fresh Mercedes And Mini Cooper Rides( Photos ). / Diportivo Spotted Munching � Corn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.