Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,476 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:58 PM

Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters (15411 Views)

I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters / Gunshots As Police Clash With ENDSARS Protesters In Osogbo / Govt To Block IPOB Funding Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Tvoice: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2021
they will not trace it because dat number u are about to dile is not reachable forever , plz dont even try again latter, na only igboho funds and endsars funds dey traceable at the moment

Mumu pipo
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2021
ShaqFu:
Well he has a point. He should also know those Endsars protesters have a face. They have lives to live while those bandits are faceless nitwits.

Tracing their account might be cumbersome for the government. It's just like saying government should trace and freeze Boko Haram account.

Before they started d banditry, where did they get their arms from? If Gumi can locate operational bases of bandits, why can't d govt with all it's resources do d same?

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Godbless3(m): 8:27am On Mar 19, 2021
Thats because bubu bandits are not funded so no need to trace.. grin grin grin
Lets us all enjoy this Sowore, Saharareporters government. Let us gather here to support bubu for 3rd term grin grin grin
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 8:29am On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Precisely. ENDSARS was just too open. Obviously they forgot they live in Nigeria.

Difficult does not mean impossible.

DSS could infiltrate the ranks of the bandits, for example, or have paid informers. But there is always the rsk they might get caught. But it can work.

Also, slightly related....time NPF had something like special purpose forces...similar to the Russian system.

How difficult was it for Sheik Gumi to trace where bandits operate from?

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Biyonce(f): 8:33am On Mar 19, 2021
Don't mind them, they only show power when dealing with un-anonymous people.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by duro4chang(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2021
The government is not serious about fighing these bandits.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by samwillyco1(m): 8:55am On Mar 19, 2021
Banditry is their source of looting, nothing to trace again, Gumi is there and others

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2021
They know wat they're doing
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by samwillyco1(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:
Not here to defend government or to defend bandits or Buhari

But let's be honest, tracing Bandits money is not going to be that easy

For starters, ENDSARS protest leaders used the banks and opened accounts in their name or accounts linked to them. That enabled authorites to trace them with ease.Because they left a paper trail. They even left account details for donations on line....making it easier for everyone including DSS and other government agents to trace them

As for your average bandit....I doubt they use the normal banking system. If anything, they probably keep their money outside of it. Some savvy kidnappers have been reported to use bitcoin, but on the whole bandits probably don't use the banks to keep their money.

Most bandits get money this way...ask the person delivering ransom to drop a bag of money in a remote location. No cops, or else. Not 'transfer money via a bank account'...easy to catch, especially in this era of BVN.

Or if they did, I suspect they have a series of varied fronts, and prolly don't register the accounts in their names.

Once you don't leave a paper trail, the work of the police in tracing you becomes harder.

MODIFIED

I have now been accused of

1.Supporting the government...no I don't support APC or PDP

2.Supporting banditry...no I don't.

3.Supporting iuslamism....no I don't.

4.Supporting Buhari...no, I don't. He is yesterday's man, and not the kind of person I would vote for.

I am just stating the problems available in tracing bandits, not expressing support.

No need to trace them, arrest Gumi and Zamfara Governor everything will come out.
N/B Gumi negotiates with the Bandits and the Governor once said if he mentioned the names of the sponsors that NIGERIANS will be shocked.

My question what is keeping them from arresting them or using military jets to bombard them in the forest the way they did to ESN in IMO State

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2021
samwillyco1:

No need to trace them, arrest Gumi and Zamfara Governor everything will come out.
N/B Gumi negotiates with the Bandits and the Governor once said if he mentioned the names of the sponsors that NIGERIANS will be shocked

Acting as a negotiator on behalf of the bandits does not mean said bandits would tell the negotiator all their secrets, especially to a ex soldier like Sheikh Gumi .(They trust him because he is a cleric, not because he is part of them. Any sign of betrayal from him, and he dies.)

A mistake Nigerians make is that they assume negotiators in criminal enterprises work for the criminals. Not so. A negotiator is more often a neutral person who is called to act as a bridge between government and criminals.

My question what is keeping them from arresting them or using military jets to bombard them in the forest the way they did in IMO State

Actually the Army does bombs bandits in the North , see the two reports below (Thiefnubiu's broadcast house, but still true)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1oYTCxlXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzFhDmDVBc

The Bandits in Kaduna too also have been bombed regulary in the past by the Army
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2021
Everything about these country is politicised
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by nwakibie3(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Acting as a negotiator on behalf of the bandits does not mean said bandits would tell the negotiator all their secrets, especially to a ex soldier like Sheikh Gumi .(They trust him because he is a cleric, not because he is part of them. Any sign of betrayal from him, and he dies.)

A mistake Nigerians make is that they assume negotiators in criminal enterprises work for the criminals. Not so. A negotiator is more often a neutral person who is called to act as a bridge between government and criminals.

Actually the Army does bombs bandits in the North , see the two reports below (Thiefnubiu's broadcast house, but still true)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1oYTCxlXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzFhDmDVBc

The Bandits in Kaduna too also have been bombed regulary in the past by the Army

I can see you are a bandit.

Can you just wake up one morning to see you have been nominated by Boko Haram or bandits as their negotiator without you having anything to do with them in the first place?
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 19, 2021
nwakibie3:

I can see you are a bandit

A bandit who posts pictures of the Amry attacking his fellow bandits, eh?

So my posting videos that glorify the Amry attacking bandits means I support them.

Sorry, but I am a law abiding citizen.

I am just inches from reporting you to the mods for abuse....so better take it back.

Can you just wake up one morning to see you have been nominated by Boko Haram or bandits as their negotiator without you having anything to do with them in the first place?

Well, the people who were asked to negotiate by ND millitants on their behalf years ago did not support the ND millitants when they bombed pipelines and engaged in the occasional kidnapping for ransom
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2021
federal government of the north won't do that!! unfortunately it's ravaging the north!! they know the truth
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by yaki84: 10:29am On Mar 19, 2021
Metrix147:

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/trace-bandits-funding-sources-same-way-you-did-with-endsars-protesters-ben-kalu-charges/
U want make Nigerian govt under Buhari to solve quadratic equation when simple addition and subtraction hasn't been completely solve since 2015...
Una go wait tire.
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by InvertedHammer: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2021
/
Who pampers Boko Haram?
Who defends Boko Haram's actions?

Those are the people funding Boko Haram aka herdsmen. The funds are most likely ferried in cash so tracing will be difficult or do I say, unnecessary waste of effort. Everyone knows those funding Boko Haram.
/
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by uniquelyspecial(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
OBALOLA55:
grin

WILL NOT LIKE THIS NEWS sad
He doesn't comment on threads like this. Probably because there is no way he can bring in PDP's 16 years if misrule

1 Like

Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
This guy did not receive the memo. Any form of protest is against national security. Kidnapping, however, a a constitutional rights of bandits ( as stated by that Elder Staleman Shake Armed Gloomy).
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Staro: 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
I wonder
Re: Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters by Numerouno94(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2021
Evii:
PMB is as good as useless. When Dubai intelligence said huge sum of money was wired to BH through their domicile bank, was it not swept under the carpet. Nigerian government knows the mask behind insecurity in the land

Abike Dabiri even said the guys caught in Dubai could appeal their case. Can u imagine that? telling a terrorist to appeal his case after being caught.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

40 Killed In Fresh Attack In Zamfara Community / Police Arrest 19-Year-Old Who Threatened To Kidnap Adamawa Businessman's Wife / NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.