Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic (1020 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2021
WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Despite the sale of human placenta being made illegal in 2005, there's still a large base of customers eager to pay to eat other people's afterbirths for supposed health benefits.

Inside China's human placenta black market where traders risk disease to raid hospitals.

Human placentas continue to be sold illegally on China's black market, a new investigation has found.

Some people believe fresh placenta (the organ that nourishes a foetus) contains healing properties, and will either cook and eat it or process it into a powder and sell it.

Placenta, known as ziheche in traditional Chinese medicine, is thought to treat illnesses like tuberculosis as well as helping those with weak immune systems or aid in reproductive health.

There has been a crackdown on the trade in recent years, with China's Ministry of Health prohibiting the sale of human placentas in 2005. However there is no law against selling drugs made from placenta and no stipulations on the origin of the material.

A report found the illegal placenta trade is primarily based in Bozhou in Anhui, Pizhou in Jiangsu, and Yongcheng in Henan.

Traders collect placenta at around 80 yuan (£8.80) each from hospitals, medical waste plants and even funeral homes despite this being a major health risk. The lack of regulations means there's no checks on whether the organs may contain viruses such as hepatitis B, HIV, or syphilis.

"If the mother has got infectious diseases, the placenta will also carry the virus," obstetrician Lin Xiu told local media.

"Conventional cooking methods can not kill those viruses. Only like the steamed disinfection used in hospitals to disinfect surgery equipment can do (that)."

"So eating fresh human placenta might possibly make you infected with diseases. It's dangerous for health."

One man told ABS CBN he's been selling human placentas for 25 years and that his family processed 130,000 of the organs last year, earning roughly 5 yuan (55p) per placenta.

Another said it used to be easy to obtain placentas from hospital, but since the crackdown traders have had to turn to medical waste disposal plants or paying hospital staff to grab the organs.

Online shopping platform Taobao sells placenta from a boy for 480 yuan (£52) and 450 yuan (£49) for placenta from a girl, owing to the ancient cultural belief that placentas that have fed baby boys have stronger health benefits.

One online seller said many of their customers make the placenta into soup.

Official Ministry of Health policy is that a placenta is owned by the woman who has given birth. If she does not want it, hospitals typically dispose of it as medical waste.

Placenta consumption, often in pill form, is increasingly common in the UK.

Maternity website Babycentre advises: "If you want to give it a go, make sure you let your midwife know that you want to keep your placenta, before you give birth.

"You can put it in your birth plan, or speak to your midwife at one of your antenatal appointments.

"Like any meat product, placentas can go off, so make sure yours is stored properly. Keep it in the fridge if you're going to eat or encapsulate it soon, or put it in the freezer until you decide to thaw and use it."
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/china-human-placenta-black-market-23748539

Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by LeeSantos(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2021
ah. this one choke mi

here In Nigeria, it food for the gods, ritual and charms. if Ur enemy get Ur own dem fit kill person destiny m future. that's why we bury it at the place and hour where nobody sees you.
huh
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by ArcFresky(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2021
What of human appendix?

I get one ohh, #15 million.
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Righteousness2(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2021
When you see the sort of Disasters hitting a country or person, before you blame GOD and call him wicked, try to dig deep to know the Atrocities and Wickedness of the people or nation.

1 Like

Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Freestainworld(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2021
Chinese will eat anything they deemed eatable, reason they suffer from unnecessary viral attacks
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Solsix(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2021
ArcFresky:
What of human appendix?

I get one ohh, #15 million.
Let me know when you want to sell your heart
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by xpressionx(m): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Thank God China didn't colonize us
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by illicit(m): 11:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Am I sure I will ever go to China like dis
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by ArcFresky(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Solsix:

Let me know when you want to sell your heart
How much u wan pay?
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by ModestGal(f): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2021
Hmmn, all these wanna be bloggers

You went online to download images and wrote, warning, graphics contents

Well, I'm sure 90% of what you wrote is nonsense and not true.
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by igbesachick: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2021
all the pictures are from white man countries, with english words inside. do you want me to believe that is china ? show me evidence with chinese characters in the photos
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by eedimo(m): 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Inside life
The worst is yet to be heard of from that God forsaken country.
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by adadike(f): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
When you thought you have heard it all
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Hangulsaram: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
adadike:
When you thought you have heard it all
What’s up naa?
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by adadike(f): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hangulsaram:

What’s up naa?
sorry dear. I dey inside house dey fear for this country. I go settle you today. No vex inugo nwokeoma nji eje mba
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by pozehnani(f): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
Disgusting and babaric.

This people ain't Humans at all.
Re: Inside China's Human Placenta Black Market Where It's Used To Make Soup (Graphic by Hangulsaram: 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
adadike:
sorry dear. I dey inside house dey fear for this country. I go settle you today. No vex inugo nwokeoma nji eje mba
Okay, take care

(1) (Reply)

Oriental Cuisine: Thai Food In Abuja / Da Cakes Master Is Here To Give You What You Love Most In Cakes...! / Where Can I Buy Periwinkles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.