Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,402 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers (3629 Views)

Why Bricklayers Don't Like To Work With Building/civil Engineers And Consultants / Looking For Bricklayers That Work With Red Bricks / Bricklayers And Labour @ Cheap Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by seepanel2: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2021
Hello

I need your experienced suggestion please.

I got a Bricklayer who is asking for 5,000 naira per 1000 blocks laid but am looking to pay 4,000 both for him and the Laborer.

Someone else tells me I can pay them daily BUT i have heard also that paying daily or contract work may not always work well as the Bricklayer can decide to be slow since the money is fixed.

What I want to know is if paying daily is cheaper. I know how to ensure they aren't too slow because i would be around most times.

Location is after Atan in Ogun state.

How much do you guys think is acceptable ?

Should I pay them daily or per number of Blocks ?

I don't mind paying daily if it's cheaper, as for the issue that they may employ slow tactics, i would be with them most times and there would be a minimum they must do.

If we are to pay per number of blocks, is 4,000 naira both for bricklayer and the assistant okay per 1,000 blocks.
Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by freshpzy1(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
seepanel2:
Hello

I got a Bricklayer who is asking for 5,000 naira per 1000 blocks laid but am looking to pay 4,000 both for him and the Laborer.

Someone else tells me I can pay them daily BUT i have heard also that paying daily or contract work may not always work well as the Bricklayer can decide to be slow since the money is fixed.

What I want to know is if paying daily is cheaper. I know how to ensure they aren't too slow because i would be around most times.

I don't mind paying daily if it's cheaper, as for the issue that they may employ slow tactics, i would be with them most times and there would be a minimum they must do.

If we are to pay per number of blocks, is 4,000 naira both for bricklayer and the assistant okay per 1,000 blocks.

1,000 or 100
Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by agent01(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
seepanel2:
Hello

Do you mean100 blocks? If so, the price he gave you is okay; but you can still negotiate it to #4,000 if he will accept.
Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by MRFIXER001: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
Let me share my experience as an engineer

Recently a client messaged me claiming that he wants a qualified engineer for his site because he noticed cracks in his ongoing building project (5 bedroom duplex); during the reconnaissance I asked for the price he paid the bricklayer for the block laying and also for structural members casting; he said #30/ block and he made sure that the bricklayer didn't cheat him. I laughed,
in between the 4500blocks the bricklayer set; their is no mortar joining in almost 30% of the block they set. Those bricklayer only put blocks on each other without mortar in between them but covers the surface you can see with little cement. In some places they only set blocks vertically without interlocking each other.

This is the logic; if you do counting jobs at a cheaper price they will want to set more blocks that will at least meet their daily pay and most times double it. By so doing, poor construction practices will occur.

It's indeed true that if you pay them daily, sometimes they will be lazy but it's far better than them doing rubbish stuff. The client I made mention above spent almost 2m on corrections (I would have share pictures but it's against our company rules).
seepanel2:
Hello

2 Likes

Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by MRFIXER001: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Normally; a bricklayer ought to set 100 blocks as a daily work or at least 70 blocks. You pay the bricklayer boss #3k, labor #2k daily = #5k

100 block

#30/ block for bricklayer, #20/ block for laborer making #50

#50 * 100blocks = #5000 daily.

Any price below that wont be good for your building durability
MRFIXER001:

Recently a client messaged me claiming that he wants a qualified engineer for his site because he noticed cracks in his ongoing building project (5 bedroom duplex); during the reconnaissance I asked for the price he paid the bricklayer for the block laying and also for structural members casting; he said #30/ block and he made sure that the bricklayer didn't cheat him. I laughed,
in between the 4500blocks the bricklayer set; their is no mortar joining in almost 30% of the block they set. Those bricklayer only put blocks on each other without mortar in between them but covers the surface you can see with little cement. In some places they only set blocks vertically without interlocking each other.

This is the logic; if you do counting jobs at a cheaper price they will want to set more blocks that will at least meet their daily pay and most times double it. By so doing, poor construction practices will occur.

It's indeed true that if you pay them daily, sometimes they will be lazy but it's far better than them doing rubbish stuff. The client I made mention above spent almost 2m on corrections (I would have share pictures but it's against our company rules).

1 Like

Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by seepanel2: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
agent01:
Do you mean100 blocks? If so, the price he gave you is okay; but you can still negotiate it to #4,000 if he will accept.

Sorry for responding so late.

Yes I meant 100 blocks
Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by seepanel2: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
MRFIXER001:
Normally; a bricklayer ought to set 100 blocks as a daily work or at least 70 blocks. You pay the bricklayer boss #3k, labor #2k daily = #5k

100 block

#30/ block for bricklayer, #20/ block for laborer making #50

#50 * 100blocks = #5000 daily.

Any price below that wont be good for your building durability

Thanks sir. duly noted
Re: Payment Method For Bricklayers And Their Labourers by seepanel2: 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
MRFIXER001:

sorry am responding late.
thanks for your insights . so you suggest i pay them daily rather than give it to them as contract (where they bill me in bulk)

you also say paying 5,000 is more healthy than paying less

thank you sir. also will monitor this mortar issue you shared in your clients experience.

thank you

(1) (Reply)

OWN A PLOT OF LAND AT ROYAL COURTS IGBESA AGBARA. / Pazino Ecc Now Selling!!! Real Estate And Engineering Company... / Third Mainland Courts Estate By Oworonsoki For 20m. Don't Miss It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.