Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter (694 Views)

Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship / Kamaru Usman Defeats Tyron Woodley, Becomes First African-born UFC Champion / Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter by Almaplusblog: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nigerian-born American fighter, Kamaru Usman has disclosed the life of his unassuming start in Nigeria prior to moving to the United States looking for a better life.

He put out his story during an interview with Channels Television. Usman mentioned that he used to hawk fufu while living in Edo state, Nigeria, on the grounds that his mother was a hustler who ventured in numerous businesses.
The martial arts champion was born in Auchi, Edo state and relocated to the US when he was 8-year-old.

Usman who is UFC’s current welterweight champion said:

“We grew up in the village. We farmed. As a small boy, farm boy, I used to hawk Akpu, put hot Akpu on my head. I came from nothing.
There is just struggle every day, the struggle to, how are we gonna eat next week, next month. What are we gonna do? We owned a small store where we sold clothes, we sold shoes, my mum sold bags, anything that we could sell, my mum was able to get and try to sell. My mum was a hustler and that is one of the things I respect so much about her as a woman with three rowdy Naija boys.”

Read full story here https://almaplusblog.com/i-used-to-hawk-fufu-on-the-streets-kamaru-usman-nigerian-born-american-fighter/

Re: I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter by PlayerMeji: 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Stories are told by survivors, you are lucky to have survived Nigeria that's why you can tell a tale.

For quite a lot of people, they are still struggling to survive Nigeria
Re: I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
You are lucky to have flee.We are still battling with bad governance here.
Re: I Used To Hawk Fufu On The Streets- Kamaru Usman, Nigerian-born American Fighter by paulolee(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
hmm....I dnt need to ask if its true or not, Wetin sure pass be say him don hustle n he's made.
me I gat hustle too n when I gets to d top, would gv my own version of the bad days..
Wetin sure pass na to hustle n get the glory before we talk d story.

(1) (Reply)

Leo Messi Cries As He Leave Hia Long Time Club, FC Barcelona / 100% Winning No - Loss Soccer Method / Arsenal Signs Martin Odegaard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.