Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information (9834 Views)

Court Discharges Dino Melaye Over False Information / Adigun Ibadan Sacked By Seyi Makinde For Posting False Information / The Informant Who Gave 'False' Information On Edwin Clark’s House Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by SATANICALLY666: 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
EFCC warmed genuine informants to be cautious and ensure that they have accurate information before engaging with the agency. www.nairaland.com/attachments/13283303_link_png160f30e9507e532a37e9b2287163bef1

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned the trio of Theophilus Omambala, Lawal Umar and Alexander Danjuma before Justice Musa Usman of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Bwari, Abuja on one-count charge bordering on false and misleading information.

The charge reads: “That you Theophilus Omambala sometime in 2021at Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, gave false information to officers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that monies were stashed at the residence of one Audu Innocent Ogbeh located at Lugbe District of the FCT, which information turned out to be false, untrue and misleading and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 39(2) (b) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Establishment Act (2004)”.

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge preferred against them. In view of their plea, the prosecuting counsel, Aliyu Bokani Usman asked the Court for a trial date and that the defendants be remanded at the Nigerian Correctional Centre, Kuje.

Counsel to the defendants, A.I. Na-jirgi prayed the Court to grant his clients bail. The judge rejected his oral application, insisting on a formal bail application which should be filed before the next adjourned date.

The defendants have been remanded in the Kuje Custodial Centre pending determination of bail application. The case has been adjourned till June 21, 2021.

SOURCE: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Sent To Prison For False Information - VANGUARD www.nairaland.com/attachments/13283302_externallink_png4bcc5d78f9103730d89f0c6591a0742e

1 Like

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Hezzyluv: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
My country my country, comedy every day grin grin ;

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by budaatum: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good. Shows you can't just make up lies to tarnish someone.

18 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Maxymilliano(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
Wahala for who dey blow whistle for EFCC

13 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Kriss216: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
Blow at your own peril grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by registerin: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Wahala for who dey blow whistle for EFCC
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by MrLacoste4: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
see wetin oversabi don put them...

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Jdaughter(f): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Lol
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by NwaNimo1(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2021

11 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by nairavsdollars(f): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Audu Innocent Ogbeh
Former PDP National Chairman and Minister of Agriculture under Buhari

8 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Melancholy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Wetin make we call this one na? Bush meat no catch the hunter, but hunter catch the huntee. Lmao...!!!

If you wan blow whistle, you no see football whistle blow

It seems the agency is trying to manage resources, and as well put paid to false allegation all in the name of getting financial benefits.
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by slawormiir: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

They don't know what they have put their hand into
Next time them go mind thier business

Remember my grandfather will always say to me son....
Do you know why am 145 years old and still very much alive and healthy......
Because am always minding my business son

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by iampeterben(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2021
Be careful the kinda whistle you blow don't go and blow whistle of person make dey pay tithe to EFCC steady na inside prison you go see yourself.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Elbizzcklinz(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2021
It is well.

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by virginboy1(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2021
The Innocent man went to Blow Whistle against probably one OGA at the top politician.
That is above the law and untouchable. grin

I feel for the him cry

7 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Jeromejnr(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2021
The mask around his ears and cheek, give that Batman like sign.
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by onoms4luv(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2021
But I thought whistleblowers are anonymous...

So nothing is hidden in this country again?

Make I move jor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Comedian2019: 8:04am On Mar 20, 2021
Even the 5% wey person suppose get, dem don block am.
This government will do anything possible to block poor man from making legit money.

1 Like

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:04am On Mar 20, 2021
Me: I report to the police/EFCC, "Senator Audu Ogbeh has $5m in his house at this moment".

Police/EFCC: Write your name and statement and the amount you saw in his house. We investigate and storm the place immediately.

Meanwhile one Police/EFCC operative calls attached aide to Ogbeh; One mumu have reported that Oga kept about $5m in his bedroom. Do the needful. We will also do the needful over here to that idiot.

The rest they say is history.. angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Preshbest: 8:05am On Mar 20, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2021
These people don't even know the country we are in
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by savageyoungboy(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria, where there go still arrest you for reporting a crime because the information of the crime is not correct
laslas nothing like free money or easy money for Nigeria. Everything has a price

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Omik1: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Audu Innocent Ogbeh

If this is true which I know it's true then the money was there, just that someone from the force moved it to cover Audi Ogbeh

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Comedian2019: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Audu Innocent Ogbeh
He's now "innocent" under APCheats Buhari government. APC are bunch of bold-faced looterz.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by crafteck(m): 8:10am On Mar 20, 2021
budaatum:
Good. Shows you can't just make up lies to tarnish someone.

This is a bad thing,

A whistle blower might intentionally lie
B they might move the money due to informant in efcc
C they might move it as random precaution
D whistle blower shouldn't be published no matter what, now he/his family are in danger
E efcc and the theif might settle illegally
F this will discourage idea of whistle blowing permanently.
G its the efcc job to verify if its true or not before bursting in, is the whistle blower ment to sneak in there and do selfie with the money?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by juniorstar(m): 8:11am On Mar 20, 2021
someone must have tipped them if the money really existed. this is a moral lesson...alaye dey ur dey.
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by big7: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2021
Not smart enough. People with credible info won't say jack no more so as not to be labeled false informat. We know how money changes stories in this country. The accused might have settled powers that be up there and have this one take his jail terms for him.. Nigeria govt no dey use head do things, now nobody go drop info for unah whether legit or not

1 Like

Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Jodha(f): 8:13am On Mar 20, 2021
This Nigeria nah cruise I swear....

Kindly check my signature...I have really nice male and female wrist watches..
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by jamace(m): 8:13am On Mar 20, 2021
How are we sure EFCC acted on the information on time? I am of the suspicion that some EFCC operatives must have leaked information to the accused, to evacuate the cash to another place....

Nigerian security operatives can not be trusted..When you see security operatives living large, dont envy them because they betrayed the country .
Re: 3 Fake Whistleblowers Remanded To Prison For False Information by Comedian2019: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

They don't know what they have put their hand into
Next time them go mind thier business

Remember my grandfather will always say to me son....
Do you know why am 145 years old and still very much alive and healthy......
Because am always minding my business son
5% is a very strong temptation. Do you understand that 5% of 100M is 5M?
Very strong temptation. Unfortunately, you can't report a criminal to their paddy. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: Nigerians Want Solutions, Not Buhari’s Meetings With Political Wanderers / Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This? / EFCC To Arraign Dikko Umar, Ex-Airforce Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.