Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland (1313 Views)

Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 10:05am On Mar 20, 2021
For average of us Igbos who had only visited Lagos for quite a short time, we assume Lagos is Yorubaland until recently, the Benin and others are asking for a piece of the cake.

A lot of Other tribes especially Yorubas had heaped it on the Igbos as the original people who coined Lagos as no man's land but funny enough Lagos is only no man's land to Lagosians, in AlaIgbo sentiments aside we truly see Lagos as Yorubaland.

Now that agitation for Oduduwa Republic is taking shape the trends making wave is: Is Lagos Yorubaland ?.

My question is why is it that once an Igbo man or others passed Ore he will begin to see Lagos as no man's land, could it be some people are really sponsoring the rhetoric to the loud and stronghead Igbos so that they can spread the gospel.

Dear Ndigbo in Lagos stop helping them spread their gospel if they are bold enough they should go for Lagos meanwhile as it stands now I don't know whose land Lagos is but I'm quite sure it is not AlaIgbo unless in the future we chose to buy it from the owners like the United States bought Alaska.

Having said that I implore all Igbos to stop calling Lagos no man's land if you can't call her Yorubaland as we are thought in AlaIgbo then call her Benin land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Fahdiga(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2021
Wait until an Igbo man becomes the governor of Lagos by then Yorubas will understand better

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by wwwihy: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2021
Refugees from Potopoto republic have come again .... what is your business with Yorubaland ? You better go fight for Onitsha that belongs to Benins and Igalas

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2021
wwwihy:
Refugees from Potopoto republic have come again .... what is your business with Yorubaland ? You better go fight for Onitsha that belongs to Benins and Igalas
Don't use the word refugee on anybody that's mean, as obvious as it may seem I see the Yoruba Nigerians that left for Benin as legal migrant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2021
Fahdiga:
Wait until an Igbo man becomes the governor of Lagos by then Yorubas will understand better
But it is very real for an Igbo to become the governors of Lagos, since they are yet to accept Lagos as Benin land or Lagos as a Yorubaland it will be great for Lagos to be government by neutrals that will represent the interest of both parties

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Fash20: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

But it is very real for an Igbo to become the governors of Lagos, since they are yet to accept Lagos as Benin land or Lagos as a Yorubaland it will be great for Lagos to be government by neutrals that will represent the interest of both parties

How is Lagos a benin land. Even the benin wont say so. Abeg educate your self on the history of lagos and stop this your show of ignorance on NL

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Fash20:

How is Lagos a benin land. Even the benin wont say so. Abeg educate your self on the history of lagos and stop this your show of ignorance on NL
I'm I Benin ?, if Benin are not saying so, who is saying so, did the news fly from heaven and entered AlaIgbo and what's the issue I read about Lagos not being part of Oduduwa nation

1 Like

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Draslo(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2021
If Nigeria splits today into Arewa, Biafra and Oduduwa, you're free to carry Lagos to Biafra grin

No man's land indeed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 10:49am On Mar 20, 2021
Draslo:
If Nigeria splits today into Arewa, Biafra and Oduduwa, you're free to carry Lagos to Biafra grin

No man's land indeed.
Do we need Lagos in Biafra, I don't think we do, nothing that lagos offers that is not available in Biafra, we will chose Benue over Lagos aby day any time

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Idiko1: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Yoruba do not belong to the southern Nigeria. The original home of Yoruba is Kontagora in Niger State. The present day Yoruba resulted from the actions of Fulani and Nupe.

4 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Draslo(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

Do we need Lagos in Biafra, I don't think we do, nothing that lagos offers that is not available in Biafra, we will chose Benue over Lagos aby day any time
Why are you telling me? I've hardly been to the SE. Tell it to your brothers at Computer Village Ikeja, Ladipo Oshodi, Tincan Apapa, Tradefair Alaba, Lagos markets on the island.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2021
Draslo:

Why are you telling me? I've hardly been to the SE. Tell it to your brothers at Computer Village Ikeja, Ladipo Oshodi, Tincan Apapa, Tradefair Alaba, Lagos markets on the island.
We are Nigerians na, if you are bold enough to call the quite we will work a deal to leave Lagos but as far as Nigeria remains we are not bothered becuase we dont know yet if the deal will be with Benin Kingdom or Oduduwa Nation

1 Like

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

You and who
Mumu

3 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:13am On Mar 20, 2021
415volt:

You and who
Mumu
Me and my people
Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by MrColdsweat: 11:22am On Mar 20, 2021
You people are causing problems for igbos in Lagos. The yorubas have welcomed and settled with the igbos for Decades in Yorubaland, we intermarry and they employ us In their civil service. Calling Lagos a no man's land is very disrespectful as yorubas are strongly in the position of authority in Lagos. You are only making them detest our brothers in Lagos. This might even lead a mass purge from the Lagos state civil service. Calling Lagos a no man's land might result in a very huge loss for igbos in Lagos if we don't watch our utterances.

Let's us be reasonable.

9 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by christistruth01: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2021
For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

Ojukwu declared Biafra yet he couldn’t take his eyes off Yoruba Lagos

That was the very same mistake that led Ojukwu and Biafra to their Waterloo at Ore

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by mike8804: 11:26am On Mar 20, 2021
comparing a city with a whole empire, Yoruba gentility don suffer, It will be corrected soon. then Yoruba will turn from cowards to Savage beasts everyone will know the diff

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by tamdun: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

Yet u dream of ragos(Lagos) every day

4 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2021
MrColdsweat:
You people are causing problems for igbos in Lagos. The yorubas have welcomed and settled with the igbos for Decades in Yorubaland, we intermarry and they employ us In their civil service. Calling Lagos a no man's land is very disrespectful as yorubas are strongly in the position of authority in Lagos. You are only making them detest our brothers in Lagos. This might even lead a mass purge from the Lagos state civil service. Calling Lagos a no man's land might result in a very huge loss for igbos in Lagos if we don't watch our utterances.

Let's us be reasonable.
Continue mentioning the Igbos in Lagos, causing trouble for who, is like you want to understand the might of the Igbo nation just touch law abiding Igbos and meet your Waterloo, this is applicable to all tribes. Whatever loss you are bringing will be mutually shared by all Nigerians including you Yorubas and even the government of Nigeria so you don't threaten the Igbos, bring your madness on and it will be retaliated massively

1 Like

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2021
tamdun:

Yet u dream of ragos(Lagos) every day
No be only dream of Lagos, tell me what will lagos offer us that make her special to us, Benue can offer us food, make your argument constructive, lagos will offer us nothing that on a good day PH for instance can not offer us

1 Like

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by christistruth01: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

We are Nigerians na, if you are bold enough to call the quite we will work a deal to leave Lagos but as far as Nigeria remains we are not bothered becuase we dont know yet if the deal will be with Benin Kingdom or Oduduwa Nation

Nobody works a deal to give their ancestral inheritance to Strangers we have been here before when the British claimed that Lagos was part of the United Kingdom we fought them and we won !

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2021
christistruth01:

Nobody works a deal to give their ancestral inheritance to Strangers we have been here before when the British claimed that Lagos was part of the United Kingdom we fought them and we won
They are not asking you to give your ancestral lands back we are asking you to buy back the lands and non movable properties we have there maybe at discount rate or we demolish everything and hold on to our lands till the right of occupancy expires so that's why you need an agreement of repayment
Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Kinematics: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:
For average of us Igbos who had only visited Lagos for quite a short time, we assume Lagos is Yorubaland until recently, the Benin and others are asking for a piece of the cake.

A lot of Other tribes especially Yorubas had heaped it on the Igbos as the original people who coined Lagos as no man's land but funny enough Lagos is only no man's land to Lagosians, in AlaIgbo sentiments aside we truly see Lagos as Yorubaland.

Now that agitation for Oduduwa Republic is taking shape the trends making wave is: Is Lagos Yorubaland ?.

My question is why is it that once an Igbo man or others passed Ore he will begin to see Lagos as no man's land, could it be some people are really sponsoring the rhetoric to the loud and stronghead Igbos so that they can spread the gospel.

Dear Ndigbo in Lagos stop helping them spread their gospel if they are bold enough they should go for Lagos meanwhile as it stands now I don't know whose land Lagos is but I'm quite sure it is not AlaIgbo unless in the future we chose to buy it from the owners like the United States bought Alaska.

Having said that I implore all Igbos to stop calling Lagos no man's land if you can't call her Yorubaland as we are thought in AlaIgbo then call her Benin land.

Nobody calls Lagos no man's land besides ndi potopoto.

4 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2021
Kinematics:

Nobody calls Lagos no man's land besides ndi potopoto.
Yes that's why we are non allied it is better than calling it Benin land in support of Benin, I think until both side decide Lagos shall remain no man's land officially
Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by tamdun: 11:41am On Mar 20, 2021
christistruth01:

For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

Ojukwu declared Biafra yet he couldn’t take his eyes off Yoruba lagos

That was the very same mistake that led Ojukwu and Biafra to their Waterloo at Ore
Making same mistake ojukwu made, ojukwu greediness made him lost biafra, he already had biafra then lost it the moment he stepped into ore/Lagos

1 Like

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2021
tamdun:

Making same mistake ojukwu made, ojukwu greediness made him lost biafra, he already had biafra then lost it the moment he stepped into ore/Lagos
Well this generation don't want Lagos becuase we don't need her but we will be the Solomon on the judgement to hand Lagos to the rightful owners.
Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by christistruth01: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

They are not asking you to give your ancestral lands back we are asking you to buy back the lands and non movable properties we have there maybe at discount rate or we demolish everything and hold on to our lands till the right of occupancy expires so that's why you need an agreement of repayment

So you are no longer Claiming that Lagos belongs to Benin again ?

That is not a Problem all Lagos Land is Sold on a 99 year Leasehold which can be revoked by State Government at anytime

They will be given generous time to sell their properties Or regularise their Stay

If they are given 5 years to sell their properties nobody will say it was not enough time

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by Kinematics: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

Yes that's why we are non allied it is better than calling it Benin land in support of Benin, I think until both side decide Lagos shall remain no man's land officially

No one calls it Benin land besides ndi potopoto.
Lagos has always belong to the afonjaaas and will remain so.

3 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by tamdun: 11:47am On Mar 20, 2021
AlexBells:

Well this generation don't want Lagos becuase we don't need her but we will be the Solomon on the judgement to hand Lagos to the rightful owners.
Wich judgement? Them no born una granfada Well, like I said earlier, u are making same mistake as ojukwu

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by tamdun: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2021
christistruth01:

That is not a Problem all Lagos Land is Sold on a 99 year Leasehold which can be revoked by State Government at anytime

That will be given generous time to sell their properties Or regularise their Stay

If they are given 5 years to sell their properties nobody will say it was not enough time
E go shock them, some of the lands almost expired gan

2 Likes

Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:50am On Mar 20, 2021
christistruth01:

That will be given generous time to sell their properties

The problem with Lagos is that while some 99 years expired yesterday another will expire in the next 99 years so if you opt for the 99 years expiry like Hongkong, would your people stop selling land, Remember we did not buy the entire Lagos but plot by plot so you see it wont be that easy the best approach is to work a deal with us and buy back those properties or use the 99 years approach and stop selling lands but the most realistic one is to buy back the land.

Lgos state government can not in a single day claim back all the lands that had been sold it will bring real chaos. Becuase that will mean even native Yorubas will loose their lands to the government now the question who is the government, now is someone trying to be the new single owner of Lagos state. So not as easy as you may assume
Re: They Scapegoat Igbos With Lagos Is No Man's Land, Now It is Not Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2021
tamdun:

E go shock them, some of the lands almost expired gan
As one is expiring today another is expiring in 99 years time stop selling lands if you want us to take you serious in 99 years time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Britain Plans ''Absolutely HUGE Trade Deal'' With Nigeria - UK Media / Open Grazing: Akeredolu Dares Malami / ENOA State: Asa, Etche, Ndoki, Omuma/oyigbo Team Up For Creation Of New State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.