Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,251 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable (19556 Views)

2023: Northern Youths Beg Umahi To Contest For Presidency (Photos) / Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka / A Nigerian Based In Turkey Dares Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Umahi To Visit Turkey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by ijustdey: 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, at the weekend tasked Nigerian youths to forget about government jobs which according to him, add no profit to their destiny.

Umahi made this known while addressing the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, during the 65th emergency senate meeting that took place at the Christian Ecumenical centre, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital.

He, however, called on the youths to shun all forms of cultism in their various institutions, adding that the development and future of Nigeria is in their hands.

The governor further blamed the increasing rate of kidnapping, armed robbery, bandits, cultism and killings in Nigeria on youths’ quest for quick wealth.

He equally tasked the youths to resist being used by politicians to destroy the future and image of the leaders in the country.

According to him: “Which qualified leader in Nigeria will the youths follow? I say to our youths, you have followed so much, and it is time to take the future in your hands. Your leaders (NANS) are qualified leaders. We expect our children to be more than us.

“If you do not prepare a future for your children, your children will suffer more than you. You are struggling and if you don’t take time, your generation will not take over leadership and you will become old.

“If we do not take care of you, how will you take care of us? And I believe in you (Youths).

“We say there are no jobs, but it is not true. You are waiting for government jobs, but it doesn’t work. It makes you lazy and you grow old. What the government should do is to create the environment. It is only a few people that are employable.

“Put yourselves together to produce the future leaders of this country. If you are hired to destroy people, you are rather bringing curses upon yourselves. Success has a pattern, likewise failure. Resist to be hired to destroy others, for he who will destroy to succeed will surely get destruction waiting upon him.

“Without the youths there will be no kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism. Let me tell you, those doing cultism in schools are those who are weak. These weak people come together to kill and to protect their weakness.

“You cannot see any intelligent young man or woman going into cultism. When you partake in killings, killing will flow in your generations,” he said.

Umahi in a related development kicked against fuel subsidy in Nigeria, adding that It is not for the interest of the country.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/20/forget-government-job-its-not-profitable-umahi-tells-nigerian-youths/

6 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Absolute truth except it's a federal government employment or appointment.

Some youth look for government job in order to raise funds for other businesses. The only thing is, once you start getting salary, some complacently look forward to the end of the month. Don't kill your dreams

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by chatinent: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Then, he's no exception!

He's only playing being considerate!

Believe power-hungry old men at your peril.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Amotolongbo(f): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Absolute truth except it's a federal government job
which Federal Government job?

Some state civil servants are richer than federal government workers in Nigeria cos what they take home (in the ministry) daily doesn’t even make them touch their salary.

Civil service na civil service, Federal Government, State or Local government. Only salary difference which doesn’t amount to anything again, thanks to inflation.

If you aren’t in Director cadre or above in the ministry, you are still a servant.
Civil service doesn’t really improve the values of the workers cos they don’t really do much at work

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Jdaughter(f): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
But he has fixed his children either directly or indirectly. Same way they were hiding palliatives from people and now bringing vaccine openly. Even doctors prescribed, "eat before you take drugs".

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Olobofife(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
ijustdey:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/20/forget-government-job-its-not-profitable-umahi-tells-nigerian-youths/

Lalasticlala
its not profitable yet you have billions in your offshore accounts. Who is deceiving who?

7 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Amotolongbo:
which Federal Government job?

The one that is unavailable to we the regular Nigerians

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by doggedfighter(f): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
This advice is coming out of selfishness not out of good will or good intentions.

But he got slots and placed his kiths and kin in juicy government establishiments.

And his children won't be left out.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by donbachi(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
U go first resign.

10 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Xscape047: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Elements of truth
Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sad, but true

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
No be government job Umahi dey do so??

No be profit him dey make so?

See how him done fat

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
The rate at which girls for this Naija take dey smoke cocaine now is highly alarming oh.

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by illicit(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
What should we now remember....
Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Una don loot all the money Finished ba ? undecided undecided undecided

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by GOFRONT(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ayam not understandin
Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Queenlovely(f): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by NwaNimo1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fact: Once you join APC, your brain stops functioning.

11 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Sonnobax15(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
He may be right tho....It's just a pity that we were being deceived all these while that we were gonna be the leaders of tomorrow Which tomorrow?

Everything for this hell of a country has been compromised... Don't be surprised when you find out that the same Governor Umahi who's advising the youths to forget about government jobs has got the names of his entire household both dead,his ancestors and the living written in different government agencies as ghost workers, collecting heavy salaries at the end of every month.......While youths who are eligible graduates are being tutored to forget About venturing into government work....

Okay,if we forget am na..oya na how and wetin una go take help the local man wey never see food chop or even get the least hope for life

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by blackboy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
He should start by showing example and resigning and not bothering eyeing Aso Rock 2023

10 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nwaotu10(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fact!

A close friend of mine is making almost 500k plus in POS business monthly.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ebonite should forget government jobs for you and your kids right? ESN would not shoot for you when fulani terrorists come for your head

2 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Animate15: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
I create/design professional ANIMATIONS to advertise your business. motion graphics, 2d animations, I also design flyers, logos, etc. Contact me on whatsapp via 0 9 0 6 4 4 5 8 1 0 9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by BitcoinNigeria: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
I hope is that easy

Check my signature. My Address and picture on my website. Buy and sell with me please, so I can eat and feed my family. Good bless everyone, not scam please
Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Bondinus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
So why did you decamp to APC to contest for presidency, abi that one no be government work

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Same govt job una use take rake billions of the masses tax money and set una families up, aside oil money, working in govt is the next big job

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by BigSarah(f): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
APC has given him lai Mohammed cup to drink water from

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
After giving this advice you will still place your kids and grandkids in CBN, FIRS, Custom and other juicy A list agencies. Who is deceiving who? The last time I checked, all of us cannot be entrepreneurs. I want a govt job angry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Remijuice: 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
But they will leave juicy slots for their children's children ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Youths: Forget Government Job, It’s Not Profitable by Komu1048(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
ijustdey:

I agree with him on this, it's not profitable so he should keep it for his family, friends and loyalist. Same way palliative are not enough and hence kept for themselves and loyalist

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amosun Hosts Abdulsalami Abubakar & His Wife Justice Fati In Abeokuta(pics) / ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock / Gbajabiamila Offers 60 PDP Reps Committee Chairmanship, Deputy Slots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.