Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? (719 Views)

Tribes With The Strongest Juju In Nigeria -history / The State With The Highest Number Of Tribes / "Cows Are Historic More Than Some Tribes In Nigeria" - Fulani Man Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
So I have noticed over the years how that whenever I give my neighbors of certain tribes food, they end up returning my plate with food cooked by them inside and sometimes even tastier and better than mine. Is it that they don't want to feel indebted to me or is it pride or it's just them paying me back for my kindness? I'm asking this because I want to understand why it happens that way. I feel that their thank you is enough for me. Everytime I get food back, I feel embarrassed as I do not like people paying me back for favours or kind acts rendered by me to them. This is the reason I like being anonymous whenever I have the opportunity to give at a gathering. I don't want someone coming back to tell me thank you. Lol. Please let's hear your views because I'm really curious.
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Which tribe be that?
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's a return of good gesture, don't take it to heart bro.

In my place you never return a plate empty handed, even when visiting don't come with 10 fingers. Come with something, when visited give something.

It's a simple rule of honour.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Jerryherd: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's fun to exchange foods... It's just a show of love

Even the Europeans and Americans go to a party with a bottle of wine or something to add to the party, and it's not like the host does not have what to cater for the guest
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by hisgrace090: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

In my place you never return a plate empty handed, even when visiting don't come with 10 fingers. Come with something, when visited give something.

Its nothing but arrogance.
Telling the giver look i have no thank you for anybody as i did not tell you that im hugry.
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
hisgrace090:

Telling the giver look i have no thank you for anybody as i did not tell you that im hugry.

Well it depends on the attitude of the giver, I have stayed across the three regions of Nigeria and I can tell you, 9 out of 10 times it's a show of good will. Simple

1 Like

Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Kondomatic(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Maybe that's how it's down in their place. It's a actually a good thing, every gift is a bribe, one way or the other so they're paying you back in your own coin before you asks for what they can't afford.
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by reuben81: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
that's typical lgbo way of saying thank u
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Wow. That's great. I'm just getting to know these things. Or maybe I didn't actually take note of it before now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kondomatic:
Maybe that's how it's down in their place. It's a actually a good thing, every gift is a bribe, one way or the other so they're paying you back in your own coin before you asks for what they can't afford.

grin grin grin grin this cracked me up.

Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
hisgrace090:

This is hilarious.
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jerryherd:
It's fun to exchange foods... It's just a show of love

Even the Europeans and Americans go to a party with a bottle of wine or something to had to the party, and it's not like the host does not have what to cater for the guest

Yeah it's really nice just that I'm not used to collecting stuffs from people except I'm really really close to you.
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by ikechukwu21(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Which tribe be that?

I no wan cause trouble o. Lol
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Theboy21: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
cheesy cheesy Naija people and culture cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by Mastakija(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Baba goan sit down jor
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by kalu61(m): 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kondomatic:

grin
Re: Why Do Certain Tribes Do This In Nigeria? by DICKstractor: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
undecided

Nature also observes that.

As a man, you give a woman your c*m. In appreciation, she gives you back a baby.

Like the say "one good turn deserves another"

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Experience Drivers To Deliver Your Vehicles? / Week 5 Pool Result For Sat 6 Aug 2022 – UK 2022/2023 / Hi Alllll Am A New Comer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.