Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript (1009 Views)

How To Create A Login Form Using Html, Css, Javascript, Php And Ajax / How To Build A Simple Search Engine Using Html Css And Javascript / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
the web site works fine and it's responsive for both mobile and desktop I use JavaScript to add functionalities as well as animation to the home page and Log-in page it takes me 5days to complete. please tell me my errors and whre did I have to optimise.
Note the site is not yet hostedthe web site works fine and it's responsive for both mobile and desktop I use JavaScript to add functionalities as well as animation to the home page and Log-in page it takes me 5days to complete. please tell me my errors and whre did I have to optimise.
Note the site is not yet hosted
the web site works fine and it's responsive for both mobile and desktop I use JavaScript to add functionalities as well as animation to the home page and Log-in page it takes me 5days to complete. please tell me my errors and whre did I have to optimise.

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Please for the love of God stop coding sites from your head. You aren't doing yourself any good. If you don't have design skills, visit dribble or clone popular websites instead. If this is on your CV, you will hardly get any calls for interviews. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by stanliwise(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Please for the love of God stop coding sites from your head. You aren't doing yourself any good. If you don't have design skills, visit dribble or clone popular websites instead. If this is on your CV, you will hardly get any calls for interviews. undecided
I subscribe to this idea. Same way I currently work, I take a look at real life web app and pick inspiration from them. When I finish coding my backend I always want to ask myself if this app can function In the real world.

Well OP your website is nice if you’re starting out and it is a pointer you’re getting closer to the real world. I will suggest your next web application frontend design should look more close to what is usable in the real world.

Meanwhile you did a good job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by gini4x: 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:
Note the site is not yet hostedthe web site works fine and it's responsive for both mobile and desktop I use JavaScript to add functionalities as well as animation to the home page and Log-in page it takes me 5days to complete. please tell me my errors and whre did I have to optimise.

I hope this is just for learning purpose and not for usage or portfolio. Simply commit it to github as your personal learning project. No need hosting it.
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

but sometimes I just want to create things using my own ideas to see how good am i...but I appreciate your comment thanks

1 Like

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
stanliwise:

I subscribe to this idea. Same way I currently work, I take a look at real life web app and pick inspiration from them. When I finish coding my backend I always want to ask myself if this app can function In the real world.

Well OP your website is nice if you’re starting out and it is a pointer you’re getting closer to the real world. I will suggest your next web application frontend design should look more close to what is usable in the real world.

Meanwhile you did a good job
Honestly, no matter how functional your application is, once HR sees it and the looks are horrible, they will trash your CV. A Dev might know a good functional application but Devs aren't involved in the hiring process till the late stages. You aren't selling yourself with ugly websites honestly no matter the functionality inside it.

1 Like

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

but sometimes I just want to create things using my own ideas to see how good am i...but I appreciate your comment thanks
It's good but please the thing should look good. Don't you want to start working soon or are you building projects for fun. Push yourself and build out good websites. There's so many frameworks and design systems out there now even if your CSS skills aren't that great.
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by stanliwise(m): 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Honestly, no matter how functional your application is, once HR sees it and the looks are horrible, they will trash your CV. A Dev might know a good functional application but Devs aren't involved in the hiring process till the late stages. You aren't selling yourself with ugly websites honestly no matter the functionality inside it.
I am a backend developer that is why I spoke so. I only apply for backend job and good recruiter knows exactly where to look.
If you’re applying for a frontend role then frontend should look close to real life, I supported what you said but saying it from my perspective as backend Dev
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
gini4x:

I hope this is just for learning purpose and not for usage or portfolio. Simply commit it to github as your personal learning project. No need hosting it.

I just test my learning skills to create a website using my own idea without watching tutorials or cloning a website
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by Karleb(m): 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Use the advice on the thread and try to use mock ups. You don't even have to get the design 100 per cent.

Most people would just assume your website is Buggy just because it's not beautiful or responsive.

Same thing I was telling a fellow this evening.

Besides, this is a front end project. It should be fine o. Anyways, it's a good step on the right direction.

Don't quit.

1 Like

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by SimeonOTC(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

stop being stupid and harsh..
did you start learning as professional?

@O.P, you doing good..
keep building and practicing offhead without spying on people's project..though there is nothing bad about that but building your own offhead helps you strengthen your skills and understand how they work.
also, you need to take your time to learn a very core advance CSS and web page structure for a better modernize real world project, nobody notice or care about the j.s functionalities, they all care about the design, forgeting even this your design is still even better than some real world site out there.., so work on that.

3 Likes

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by igboarenice: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Don't mind the idiots that try to play down your efforts. It's obvious they have no coding experience.
This website is great but can be better. Good job

2 Likes

Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by africonn: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
igboarenice:
Don't mind the idiots that try to play down your efforts. It's obvious they have no coding experience.

that's rude, it's the truth UI/UX matters alot! But people hate the truth, OP nice woks anyways but if u are a frontend dev learn or copy UI/UX, the job market is competitive like crazy and it doesn't care abt anybody
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
igboarenice:

thank you so much I like this comment.
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by igboarenice: 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

thank you so much I like this comment.
don't rest on your oars your website can be bettered. Just keep learning and opportunity will come
Re: Rate My E-commerce Website. Using Html Css and Javascript by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 22, 2021
You tried keep it,but you people think it's easy to code

(1) (Reply)

(urgent Request) Bitcrypto Nulled Script Needed / Help Me With The Code / My First Basic Sign Up Web Page With Little Of Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.