Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning (989 Views)

Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Is Data Science Worth Learning / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Sukkyy2010: 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
I have a business I'm operating by myself which fetch six figure on a monthly basis.

Now I'm considering learning programming from scratch from an Academy here in Lagos at a cost fee of #200k( the money is not even the problem) but my major concern is the fact that I'm about to become unstable with this business due to the enrollment of the training.

I cherish my current business so much as it currently serving as my major income avenue but before I'll start putting such business on a jeopardy for the enrollment of this programming course i want to ask this, does learning the skill programming really worth it?

Though the training is just 3 month though.

Please I need some words of advise and individuals insight toward this my planning.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Opeyemic01: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
I have a business I'm operating by myself which fetch six figure on a monthly basis.

Now I'm considering learning programming from scratch from an Academy here in Lagos at a cost fee of #200k( the money is not even the problem) but my major concern is the fact that I'm about to become unstable with this business due to the enrollment of the training.

I cherish my current business so much as it currently serving as my major income avenue but before I'll start putting such business on a jeopardy for the enrollment of this programming course i want to ask this, does learning the skill programming really worth it?

Please I need some words of advise and individuals insight toward this my planning.

Thanks in anticipation.

Can you please teach me the business
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by airsaylongcome: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Whatever training it is, if it is for an in-demand IT skill is going to dwarf your 6 figure Naira earning of you work foreign remote. Heck entry level IT jobs in the US earn over a million naira at minimum US wages.

Note however that a 3 months training might not give you sufficient enough experience especially if you are completely new to IT
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Sukkyy2010: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Whatever training it is, if it is for an in-demand IT skill is going to dwarf your 6 figure Naira earning of you work foreign remote. Heck entry level IT jobs in the US earn over a million naira at minimum US wages.

Note however that a 3 months training might not give you sufficient enough experience especially if you are completely new to IT

I think I'm stucked up though
I just want to be sure if it gonna be smart move for me and also to be sure of the fact that I won't regret risking my six figure business for the training and end up realize that the skill is overhype
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by GeneralDae: 12:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

I think I'm stucked up though
I just want to be sure if it gonna be smart move for me and also to be sure of the fact that I won't regret risking my six figure business for the training and end up realize that the skill is overhype
what skill is that?
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 25, 2021
Programming is not just a “skill” that you attend a 3 month academy, graduate and start making money. Programming is an endless journey. The 3 months program is more or less an intro, which should be followed by a long journey of self development.
The thing is once you start programming, it will began to eat up other aspects of your life and a large chunk of your time. The lives of many programmers are usually “programming” themed. There might not be time to effectively manage an alternate commitment especially one that gives you money.
This is achievable though. Just understand that the task ahead won’t be an easy one. The 3 month program won’t make you a good programmer; it’s the hours you devote to it daily that will.

3 Likes

Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Sheriman(m): 1:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

Thanks in anticipation.
If you know you wouldn't have time to sit for hours every day to learn so many things please don't go to programming. If you know you are kind of person that easily get tired and give up on something you seem you don't understand please don't go to programming. If you're thinking of earning money within or after six months of learning programming then you must be fooling yourself. You better don't waste your money on one 6 months training cos those people wouldn't even go deep in development and you can't understand it all within that short period of time especially a person who is new to programming just like you. Programming is a life long learning skills. You must love to read documentations, PDFs, books, and practice practice practice and practice every day every night if you want to understand programming and become professional at it. It's a challenge which a person must ready to face and win or else you just gonna be fooling around and wasting time. Programming is not for the lazy ones because technology is changing everyday so therefore you need to be updating your skills everyday by learning new developmental tools and framework.
My own advice bro!!!

5 Likes

Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 25, 2021
You just want to waste your money shah. 3 months? Something that I have been learning for 9 months and still not confident, you want to pay 200k for just 3 months? Good luck bro.
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by stanliwise(m): 5:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

Thanks in anticipation.
Start with personal training first and understand how much of a passion you have.

4 Likes

Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by stanliwise(m): 5:24am On Oct 25, 2021
ClixMaster:
You just want to waste your money shah. 3 months? Something that I have been learning for 9 months and still not confident, you want to pay 200k for just 3 months? Good luck bro.
Niche your learning bro
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 25, 2021
stanliwise:

Niche your learning bro
I'm in PHP/Laravel boss
Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by stanliwise(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2021
ClixMaster:
I'm in PHP/Laravel boss
Good one. Study the internal cores of laravel. And for PHP try to study advance library and understand how they apply deep concept of PHP when they code. You would learn alot of concept quickly

1 Like

Re: Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2021
stanliwise:
Good one. Study the internal cores of laravel. And for PHP try to study advance library and understand how they apply deep concept of PHP when they code. You would learn alot of concept quickly
Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

Sniffing In A Switched Network / Microsoft Vs General Motors / Make Checboxes In To Array In Dreamweaver (PHP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.