Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals (2974 Views)

Two Dead As Gas Explosion Rocks Ibadan / Gas Explosion Rocks Badagry, Lagos (Photos) / CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE FURNITURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 3:09am On Mar 21, 2021
Rwandans are using natural rocks to build beautiful homes and hospitals. It is easy for them to dig this rocks from the ground, shape them into blocks and build with them. In some cases, they even use rocks to build the foundations of their homes. According the the residents of Rwanda, this is cheaper than using expensive imported cement.

Meanwhile, Nigerians are paying 2x the global price for Dangote cement and refuse to look for alternatives. Is Nigeria the giant of Africa or the joke of Africa? Look at what Rwandans are doing while we suffer under Dangote's monopoly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by budaatum: 3:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Nigerians. We the people who are thirsty by the river and import petrol in the abundance of crude oil.

And who do we blame?

My bubu of course. For driving cattle through our unused brains.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 3:15am On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:
Nigerians. We the people who are thirsty by the river and import petrol in the abundance of crude oil.

And who do we blame?

My bubu of course. For driving cattle through our unused brains.
There is no resource we don't have in Nigeria. The only thing we lack is brainpower and creativity.

Nigeria has the biggest marble deposits in Africa. But we would rather import it from italy, and use our own to dry cassava.

3 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by benjanjo1: 3:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
There is no resource we don't have in Nigeria. The only thing we lack is brainpower and creativity.

bros! we don't lack brain or creativity! We just had the misfortune of bad leadership over a long period of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 3:20am On Mar 21, 2021
They are even making roads with stone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by budaatum: 3:21am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
The only thing we lack is brainpower and creativity.

The greatest of all resources.

3 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 3:22am On Mar 21, 2021
benjanjo1:

bros! we don't lack brain or creativity! We just had the misfortune of bad leadership over a long period of time.
Did you know we have stone and clay and wood all over Nigeria? No one is stopping Nigerians from using these materials to build.

The only thing Nigerians know is first mud and then cement. Even in the ancient kingdoms and empires, they didn't use all the stone that was around them. They only used mud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by budaatum: 3:23am On Mar 21, 2021
benjanjo1:

As in, we lack leaders who will use your "brain and creativity"?

Now, if only slavery was abolished and we became responsible for using our brains and being creative.

But you've at least shown where we must begin.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by benjanjo1: 3:25am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
Did you know we have stone and clay and wood all over Nigeria? No one is stopping Nigerians from using these materials to build.

The only thing Nigerians know is first mud and then cement.

limestone very is abundant in Nigeria! the technology for the use of cement in building is well developed. Just because alternatives are not popular (due to certain disadvantages) does not make us stupid!
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 3:52am On Mar 21, 2021
benjanjo1:

limestone very is abundant in Nigeria! the technology for the use of cement in building is well developed. Just because alternatives are not popular (due to certain disadvantages) does not make us stupid!
It is not good for a country of 200 million to rely only on cement. When the cement price gets too high, builders should turn to other materials -- that creates competition and prevents the cement companies from holding the country for ransom as they are doing now.

1 Like

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Karlovych: 3:57am On Mar 21, 2021
embarassed Meanwhile in a giant of Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:02am On Mar 21, 2021
This is Igbeti is Oyo state Nigeria -- it has some of the biggest marble deposits on the planet. Marble is one of the rarest and most precious dimension stones, but Instead of using this valuable stone to build and decorate houses, Nigerians use it to dry cassava. We prefer to import marble from Italy.

Look at them. Na dis be country?

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:07am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:

You that have ''brainpower'' why haven't YOU built your own house or business office in Nigeria this way?

We have this thing in Nigeria where we see something we like, and then instead of us implementing it ourselves, we start attacking Nigeria, and insulting the country and its leaders.

The person in Rwanda who thought this up, he didn't go and start insulting the govt and Rwandans. He just got on with it, and others, including someone in the Rwandan govt saw the success of it, and followed suit. Simple.

WHY CAN'T YOU Mr ''Aconomist'' implement the same thing in Nigeria, show others that it works, and take it from there? Possibly monetize the new idea?

No. Your lazy, hateful finger pointing self finds more fulfilment coming on Nairaland to insult your fathers instead.

Mr professional finger-pointer and government blamer who does ZERO himself.

3 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:13am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:

You that have ''brainpower'' why haven't YOU built your own house or business office in Nigeria this way?

We have this thing in Nigeria where we see something we like, and then instead of us implementing it ourselves, we start attacking Nigeria, and insulting the country and its leaders.

The person on Rwanda who thought this up. He didn't go and start insulting the govtrand Rwandans. He just got on with it, and others saw the success of it, and followed suit. Simple.

WHY CAN'T YOU Mr ''Aconomist'' implement the same thing in Nigeria, show others that it works, and take it from there? Possibly monetize the new idea?

No. Your lazy, hateful finger pointing self finds more fulfilment coming on Nairaland to insult your father instead.

Nation of fingerpointers and government blamers.

Why should I fly all the way from the U.S. to solve this problem, when the Nigerians who are already living on millions of dollars worth of marble are using it to to dry cassava? BTW, a businessman already tried to make a marble mine in Nigeria, but his business was frustrated and destroyed by the government who sued him over land ownership.

You can still see the ruins of his machinery in Igbeti. Trying to help Nigerians is like trying to help a drowning man.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:

The only thing Nigerians know is first mud and then cement. Even in the ancient kingdoms and empires, they didn't use all the stone that was around them. They only used mud.

Nigeria and West & Central Africa do NOT have stone quarries in abundance. That is why they have traditionally NOT built with stone.

Wood is susceptible to termites and humidity, and ''mud'' is the same thing as ''clay''.

So you have typed NOTHING there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:17am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:

Nigeria and West & Central Africa do NOT have stone quarries in abundance. That is why they have traditionally NOT built with stone.

Wood is susceptible to termites and humidity, and ''mud'' is the same thing as ''clay''.

So you have typed NOTHING there.
See abundant stone. We are using it to dry cassava.

2 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:22am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:

Why should I fly all the way from the U.S. to solve this problem

If you do not love your country enough to ''fly all the way from the US'' to implement a groundbreaking idea, then you do not love the country enough to come online and make any suggestions to anyone, least of all your insults. So stay in America and leave Nigerians the hell alone!

when the Nigerians who are already living on millions of dollars worth of marble are using it to to dry cassava?

And YOU that claim to know the value of it but are doing NOTHING, having fled to America, what makes you better than them? If anything you are worse.

BTW, a businessman already tried to make a marble mine in Nigeria, but his business was frustrated and destroyed by the government who sued him over land ownership.

In America where you live, can you go on government-owned land and build a mine?

Try it and see how fast they shut you down, even if you are mining diamonds and gold there.

Trying to help Nigerians is like trying to help a drowning man.

Help yourself to overcome your self-hatred and spite before thinking of helping others. How can a drowning, hateful person like you help anyone?
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:22am On Mar 21, 2021
How the white man uses marble

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:22am On Mar 21, 2021
How Nigerians use marble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:24am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
How the white man uses marble

There we go with ''the white man'' rubbish again.

Damn. Who did this to you?

And I warn you. If you dare start POSTING THAT YOUR USUAL RACIST drivel, I will report you again to the mods in a 100 different places and ways so you get banned again. This time hopefully for good.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:26am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:

If you do not love your country enough to ''fly all the way from the US'' to implement a groundbreaking idea, then you do not love the country enough to come online and make any suggestions to anyone, least of all your insults. So stay in America and leave Nigerians the hell alone!

And YOU that claim to know the value of it but are doing NOTHING, having fled to America, what makes you better than them? If anything you are worse. But all the petty chiefs and agents of stagnation wont allow this to happen.

In America where you live, can you go on government-owned land and build a mine?

Try it and see how fast they shut you down, even if you are mining diamonds and gold there.

Help yourself to overcome your self-hatred and spite before thinking of helping others. How can a drowning, hateful person like you help anyone?

Nigeria's land use laws are too messed up for serious investors. You can buy land from the federal government only for the state government to sue you 5 years later for the same land. You can buy land from a chief only for the federal government to claim it belongs to them. The British purposely messed up land use laws in their colonies, but we aren't making any serious attempt to fix it.

We will never see real development in this country until the land laws are modernized and every parcel is plotted and titled on a digital system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:28am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
See abundant stone. We are using it to dry cassava.

BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER AND QUICKER FOR THOSE VILLAGERS TO USE CEMENT THAN TO QUARRY THE STONE, WHICH COULD TAKE YEARS WITHOUT EXPENSIVE, MODERN ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:30am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:

Nigeria's land use laws are too messed up for serious investors. You can buy land from the federal government only for the state government to sue you 5 years later for the same land. You can buy land from a chief only for the federal government to claim it belongs to them. The British purposely messed up land use laws in their colonies, but we aren't making any serious attempt to fix it.

We will never see real development in this country until the land laws are modernized and every parcel is plotted and titled on a digital system.

Yawwnnnn. 'Serious investors'' are flooding Nigeria despite the ''messed up land use laws'', and are turning a huge profit, and nobody is seizing their land from them. FIND ANOTHER EXCUSE.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:33am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:

BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER AND QUICKER FOR THOSE VILLAGERS TO USE CEMENT THAN TO QUARRY THE STONE. DUMMY.
Brother, I know you love black people, and I respect you for your commitment. But there is no excuse for this. Marble can be quarried even with our traditional iron tools. This is a material that has been used since the bronze age.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:39am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
Brother, I know you love black people, and I respect you for your commitment. But there is no excuse for this. Marble can be quarried even with our traditional iron tools. This is a material that has been used since ancient times.

If it is cheaper and less expensive to quarry stone than to buy cement, why don't you quarry stone for your next house in Nigeria? Then people will learn from you, and you would have set a trend?

Why not establish a stone quarrying firm in Nigeria and offer your products at competitive prices?

Are you not educated?

Can you not form a team and access capital?

Or is those village women you posted drying gari whom you expect to establish such a company?

Why are you always waiting for SOMEONE ELSE to do it, and when that doesn't happen, you start insulting the country?

What I don't understand is you pontificating from America what folks in Nigeria should be doing. You have not walked their walk, and clearly have no intention of doing so besides pontificating arrogantly online.

When will YOU Aconomist, walk the walk instead of just talking the talk?

5 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Ofodirinwa: 4:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
This is Igbeti is Oyo state Nigeria -- it has some of the biggest marble deposits on the planet. Marble is one of the rarest and most precious dimension stones, but Instead of using this valuable stone to build and decorate houses, Nigerians use it to dry cassava. We prefer to import marble from Italy.

Look at them. Na dis be country?

hahaha
why do you take this good business idea of yours and make a business out of it? One thing that's funny about people is they're quick to say what ppl should be doing when they themselves don't do it.
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 4:49am On Mar 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

hahaha
why do you take this good business idea of yours and make a business out of it? One thing that's funny about people is they're quick to say what ppl should be doing when they themselves don't do it.
Don't expect me to do anything for Nigeria until you give me power to succeed. For example, If you voted me president of Nigeria, I would fix all these problems in 10 years. But most of you would rather vote for Bubu, GEJ, etc.

The masses have to wake up and create a foundation for high IQ people like me to fix the country.

1 Like

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by StreetFight: 4:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
Rwandans are using natural rocks to build beautiful homes and hospitals. It is easy for them to dig this rocks from the ground, shape them into blocks and build with them. In some cases, they even use rocks to build the foundations of their homes. According the the residents of Rwanda, this is cheaper than using expensive imported cement.

Meanwhile, Nigerians are paying 2x the global price for Dangote cement and refuse to look for alternatives. Is Nigeria the giant of Africa or the joke of Africa? Look at what Rwandans are doing while we suffer under Dangote's monopoly.

Definitely Dangote knows that he will die miserable
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 4:58am On Mar 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

hahaha

Thank you my brother. It's not just him. Many Nigerians are like that. The most common are the ones who say stupid things like ''we don't even manufacture common toothpicks''.

And I'm like, Oh, so ''WE'' don't manufacture toothpicks. So why haven't YOU set up a small toothpick manufacturing outfit, even in your backyard, to fill this supply shortfall?

And what follows usually is a dumb silence.

They never think it is THEIR responsibility to do ANYTHING.

If something isn't done, it is either the government's fault or the fault of ''Nigeria''.

They gotten so used to blaming the govt and 'Nigeria' for EVERYTHING, that they are totally blind to how THEIR OWN ineptitude and static do-nothingness is the biggest problem of all.

A Chinese who notices that his country is importing toothpicks..his FIRST reaction would be ''damn. I need to set up a toothpick factory in my backyard and sell, and make a huge profit, since I can definitely sell cheaper than imports''.

A Nigerian who notices that his country is importing toothpicks... his first reaction is to kiss his teeth, shake his head in disgust, attack the government, and call Nigerians dumb, while JOINING THEM to use the same imported toothpicks.

3 Likes

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Rossikk(m): 5:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:
Don't expect me to do anything for Nigeria until you give me power to succeed. For example, If you voted me president of Nigeria, I would fix all these problems in 10 years. But most of you would rather vote for Bubu, GEJ, etc.

The masses have to wake up and create a foundation for high IQ people like me to fix the country.

If you are not president you cannot help Nigeria. Good. Stay where you are and leave us alone.

We will NOT vote in a person who refuses to do anything for his people except be their 'king'.

Mr High IQ for mouth. Your High IQ only works in Aso Rock, abi?

Ole.

1 Like

Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by falcon01: 5:02am On Mar 21, 2021
Aconomist:

Nigeria has the biggest marble deposits in Africa. But we would rather import it from italy, and use our own to dry cassava.
we don't lack those, we lack guidance and commitment
Re: Rwandans Use Rocks To Build Cheap And Affordable Hospitals by Aconomist: 5:02am On Mar 21, 2021
This article was published in 1998 -- it describes a white man making millions by importing marble into Nigeria to serve a quote "Northern Elite"

Abuja Journal; Marble Mogul Caters to the Nigerian Capital's Elite

The military officers who have ruled Africa's most populous nation for two decades, and siphoned off a good share of its oil revenue, are busy building vast mansions on their Abuja real estate. They want gold-inlaid basins for their bathrooms and Jacuzzi baths, sophisticated water purifiers and huge quantities of Italian marble that Mr. Luttwak is busy importing.

''One man from the national petroleum company just gave me $100,000 only for the marble in his house,'' Mr. Luttwak said. ''My company started three years ago, and I'm now the major importer of Italian marble. This is Africa's land of opportunity.''

As Mr. Luttwak, sweat glistening on his brow, blue eyes gleaming, rushes around his premises looking for a driver to make a huge marble delivery to the northern city of Kano, in walks Ahmud E. C. Agberankhe. He is 34 and has a university degree in physics. He works for Nigerian Radio for a monthly salary of about $40.''In the 1980's a graduate like me could have a car,'' Mr. Agberankhe lamented ''But now it's difficult to make ends meet. You have the knowledge, but there are no openings. If you strive, you should be given a chance.''

Nigeria has huge reserves of marble and granite. But, as in the oil industry, mismanagement has led the domestic industry to ruin. State-owned factories are idle. So Nigeria imports marble and granite, just as it imports petroleum. And disaster for the majority translates into opportunity for a few. A northern Muslim ruling caste controls the country through the military and is unlikely to be budged. Disciplined, God-fearing and determined, this caste, for Mr. Luttwak, stands in contrast to what he sees as an impossibly unruly south. He is unconvinced that change is imminent.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/30/world/abuja-journal-marble-mogul-caters-to-the-nigerian-capital-s-elite.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flats For Rent In OGOMBO AJAH / New Houses For As Low As 6.5 Million:parliamentary Hill Estate Abuja / Latest Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria (updatedDaily)- Engr. Osaz's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.