Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars (1183 Views)

Complete Documents U Obtain Wen U Buy A New Car To Avoid Police&custom Wahala / STOP!!! & LOOK!!!... Amazingly Clean 2013 Honda Accord V6. No Need For Tokunbo! / I Have A Title Land In Lagos To Swap For Tokunbo SUV, Lexus Or Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by edlion57(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2021
I bought a foreign used (tokunbo) car in Lagos,my brother I never knew I just made the worst mistake of my life.i got the car then paid 5000 naira to verify that the custom paper was duly paid, which came out okay.the next day I zoom off with 20k in my pocket for fuel.from Lagos to benin alone ,i met more than 30 police,custom and army checkpoint each check point will stop me, search the car and my bags then demand for the car custom paper, once I give it to them the next thing I will hear is that,ur money na 1000 naira.after much pleading and begging they will still collect the 1000 or 500 naira from me after much time wasting.I spent more than 50,000 naira just to settle our law enforcement from Lagos to calabar but the worst set of them na Benin police officers ....pls what do you think is my offense or wrong doing..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by ahiboilandgas: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
I bought a foreign used (tokunbo) car in Lagos,my brother I never knew I just made the worst mistake of my life.i got the car then paid 5000 naira to verify that the custom paper was duly paid, which came out okay.the next day I zoom off with 20k in my pocket for fuel.from Lagos to benin alone ,i met more than 30 police/custom and army checkpoint each check point will stop me, search the car and my bags then demand for the car custom paper, once I give it to them the next thing I will hear is that,ur money na 1000 naira.after much pleading and begging they will still collect the 1000 or 500 naira from me.I spent almost 50,000 naira just to settle our law enforcement from Lagos to calabar but the worst set of them na Benin police officers ....pls what do you think is my offense or wrong doing..
the Nigerian police is set up for the personal enrichment of police men...not securing any lives

1 Like

Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by LeeSantos(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2021
lol. urs is even cheap.
if it a new car, I think you will get angry and drop your car to use commercial bus to where you are going.

next time use the service of a policeman to transport this kind of cars from one state to another
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
I bought a foreign used (tokunbo) car in Lagos,my brother I never knew I just made the worst mistake of my life.i got the car then paid 5000 naira to verify that the custom paper was duly paid, which came out okay.the next day I zoom off with 20k in my pocket for fuel.from Lagos to benin alone ,i met more than 30 police/custom and army checkpoint each check point will stop me, search the car and my bags then demand for the car custom paper, once I give it to them the next thing I will hear is that,ur money na 1000 naira.after much pleading and begging they will still collect the 1000 or 500 naira from me.I spent almost 50,000 naira just to settle our law enforcement from Lagos to calabar but the worst set of them na Benin police officers ....pls what do you think is my offense or wrong doing..
boss when I tell you to contact your vehicle delivery makanaki you no go look my side at least you got there safely thats the koko but next time don't give them your documents and ensure you have lots of change with you yes from ore to benin most of those police and army take #500 even to sapele self but after that things are easier so next time call me for your vehicle delivery anywhere in naija instead of stressing your fine self up and down.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by gost: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2021
Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by greatbrian(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:

They are celebrating with you. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by SocialJustice: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
And fear no let you protest?
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
And fear no let you protest? Next time, travel with an adult because it is obvious you're not one.
protest wetin e b like say you no know wetin those men dey do for road and besides I know edilion well he is a car dealer agbalagbi in the business. He has bought a lexus es350 from me before which was taken to calabar he even old pass me self.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by SocialJustice: 11:55am On Mar 21, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
protest wetin e b like say you no know wetin those men dey do for road and besides I know edilion well he is a car dealer agbalagbi in the business. He has bought a lexus es350 from me before which was taken to calabar he even old pass me self.
The level to which this country is useless is irritating.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by edlion57(m): 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
And fear no let you protest?
I was taught never argue with a Nigeria police.. instead argue with soldier ... worst u collect beating
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by SocialJustice: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
I was taught never argue with a Nigeria police.. instead argue with soldier ... worst u collect beating
Even if then lie you're a messenger and have nothing on you.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by oladipuposadeeq(m): 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
The level to which this country is useless is irritating.
I am telling you boss you go settle police,army,customs and at times NDLEA self.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by SocialJustice: 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
I am telling you boss you go settle police,army,customs and at times NDLEA self.
Na wa.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by edlion57(m): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
Even if then lie you're a messenger and have nothing on you.
I used all method....I even lied about my father being a senior police officer...they will keep you there for hours and u will still drop money
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by SocialJustice: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
I used all method....I even lied about my father being a senior police officer...they will keep you there for hours and u will still drop money
Na wa
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Lavisha(f): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
edlion57:
sorry
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
boss when I tell you to contact your vehicle delivery makanaki you no go look my side at least you got there safely thats the koko but next time don't give them your documents and ensure you have lots of change with you yes from ore to benin most of those police and army take #500 even to sapele self but after that things are easier so next time call me for your vehicle delivery anywhere in naija instead of stressing your fine self up and down.

Does registering the vehicle in Lagos before the journey make it any better?
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
rationalmind:

yes sir it does because with that you have cut off paying soldiers their #500 and most of the police also but custom would still collect their money because on sighting the plate no,they would know you just registered it and also I will still collect the same amount I will charge for a toks car.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Gr8mind07(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
yes sir it does because with that you have cut off paying soldiers their #500 and most of the police also but custom would still collect their money because on sighting the plate no,they would know you just registered it and also I will still collect the same amount I will charge for a toks car.

To corroborate this, registering the car in Lagos makes a huge difference.

I also brought down a vehicle to Port Harcourt just last week and it wasn't really as bad as the OP's experience.

I have been advised to hold some #200 notes for the police officers & #1000 for the custom's OD .

Having the Car registered in Lagos, I didn't spend up to #10k with no delay till arrival at my destination

Infact a good number of the police check points passed me free on checking my papers and even some custom officer were just busy with other vehicles while I passed
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Affordabledeals: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
It happened to me when I delivered a car for a client last month. I had to hang my ID card of the firm where I worked as a legal practitioner in front of the client's car, no be say I no spend but I spent my cash where I saw that the police or amrmy or custom personnel no claim right. But majority claimed right that that's how they collect it and I should ask anyone. If Dem follow me drag, I was prepared to waste my whole time there, so when they saw that this one get time well, Dem go just tell me say Oga law abeg drop something and I won't drop pass 200#. Its so appalling and so disheartening. I'm sick of this country. So sorry boss.
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Affordabledeals: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
rationalmind:

yes most times
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
When I bought my corolla too the seller told me this same thing. That the money he used to clear it is very much.when I'm scolding him to collect the amount that is with me .
My question now is how much do these so customs collect when you want to clear a toks car?
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by edlion57(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
ZINIIBANKS:
When I bought my corolla too the seller told me this same thing. That the money he used to clear it is very much.when I'm scolding him to collect the amount that is with me .
My question now is how much do these so customs collect when you want to clear a toks car?
I'm not talking about clearing ...just driving a car from Lagos to east
Re: Why Do Police,custom And Army Collect 500/1000 Naira for tokunbo cars by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2021
edlion57:
I'm not talking about clearing ...just driving a car from Lagos to east
Oh ok

(1) (Reply)

Lexus ES 330 For Sale / Super Clean Accident Free Toyota Camry 2007 XLE 3.2million / 2018 RX350 Toks For Sale 17m Very Clean Non-accidented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.