Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts (527 Views)

Have You Encountered Similar Situations? Please Share Your Thoughts. / Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by kamokaze10(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2021
A lot got me thinking lately that "is it even still possible to achieve your dreams in Nigeria "

First of all, I am a brilliant Computer Science graduate with a 2.1 obtained at UNILORIN. I used to have this notion that once you study hard and serve God, things will go well for you. I had big dreams and aspirations in the IT world much like every young and dedicated graduate.

Am sorry to say that's not the case in Nigeria, after service I struggled to get a job or survive till I was able to find a 40k/month sec school teaching job teaching Computer . I was elated as it could help me pay my bills till I find something else.

The problem now is I'm the firstborn with responsibilities... I can barely pay my own bills talkless of helping someone. Am starting to get redundant as I can barely practice my skills in my present workspace. Am in Church and the Pastor is telling us that God will open a breakthrough in his appointed time... but I doubt it, are people still making it without Money, family connections and bribe? Can it still happen?

Some of us tried so hard not to use our skills and technical know how for YAHOO...yet our G-friends are busy buying cars... I don't even bother to go for reunion events again... It's just oppression on my already fragile ego.

Pls just share your breakthrough stories... I believe it can help young folks like me and others because I'm about giving up. It's so hard.

Thank you and have a Blessed Sunday.
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2021
Sorry o
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by Cerebellum: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2021
What type of moniker is this nitori oloungrin

MejiLoyon:
Sorry o
God will help us all OP

This country nah wash
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by Hashabiah: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2021
My dear brother, I have read your post and I certainly do not agree with what you have said. You see, I have experienced alot in life and I have come to the conclusion that there are only three things needed in life for success : God, determination and the ability to think out of the box. With these these three , you can make it even in the wilderness.

Lastly, when you said people can not make it in Nigeria, I looked at your words and shook my head in dismay because I know how much foreigners are making from this country. Are you aware that Indians, Lebanese, Chinese and Europeans are trooping into Nigeria on a daily basis...? Are you aware that alot of them have obtained National Identity Cards just to lay claim to this country and milk it of the opportunities found? If nigeria was not favorable, then why will they want to obtain such...?

Please have a rethink and try and push for success.

Peace

5 Likes

Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by aminusodiq(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2021
dd
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by Dorlarphor10: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
kamokaze10:
A lot got me thinking lately that "is it even still possible to achieve your dreams in Nigeria "

First of all, I am a brilliant Computer Science graduate with a 2.1 obtained at UNILORIN. I used to have this notion that once you study hard and serve God, things will go well for you. I had big dreams and aspirations in the IT world much like every young and dedicated graduate.

Am sorry to say that's not the case in Nigeria, after service I struggled to get a job or survive till I was able to find a 40k/month sec school teaching job teaching Computer . I was elated as it could help me pay my bills till I find something else.

The problem now is I'm the firstborn with responsibilities... I can barely pay my own bills talkless of helping someone. Am starting to get redundant as I can barely practice my skills in my present workspace. Am in Church and the Pastor is telling us that God will open a breakthrough in his appointed time... but I doubt it, are people still making it without Money, family connections and bribe? Can it still happen?

Some of us tried so hard not to use our skills and technical know how for YAHOO...yet our G-friends are busy buying cars... I don't even bother to go for reunion events again... It's just oppression on my already fragile ego.

Pls just share your breakthrough stories... I believe it can help young folks like me and others because I'm about giving up. It's so hard.

Thank you and have a Blessed Sunday.

Why not venture into programming?
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
You have a computer science degree, the most valuable degree of the 21st century and you are complaining. Men the education system here is in shambles.
Re: Financial Breakthrough As Young Man In Nigeria ? Share Your Thoughts by SmartPolician: 3:35am On Mar 23, 2021
kamokaze10

Your problem is that you have no technical skill. You see, companies need experts who can solve their problems, not graduates carrying papers with big ego but zero-technical skills.

In truth, you have no business teaching kids if you have genuine problem-solving skills. I finished from STEM so I know that I didn't learn anything from school.

Way Out

Go for proper IT training; it could be a weekend training programme. It could be website programming, software and app development, cybersecurity, etc. but avoid computer networking. Make sure you are passionate about the area of IT.

To to Google and search "IT firms in Nigeria". Get their email addresses and start pitching them one after another. Ensure that your CV is eye-popping and that it contains all the technical stuff you can do.

When you write the pitch deck (unsolicited application letter), do well to attach your CV and explain the impact you will make in the company if given a chance.

You can do this whenever you come back from work. Make sure your English is good and redirect them to a link where they can see what you have developed from practice (it could be a website).

If you are consistent with this, I am just giving you 2 months; you will get a very good position - if the worst comes to the worst you will get an intern position that pays well. Again, you have no business teaching kids with your degree and computer science background.

Good luck!!

(1) (Reply)

Accountant, Product Manager, HR, Admin / Job Vacancy, Danone Is Hiring 100 Men And 28 Women To Work. Visit Site / The Following Job Services Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.