Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

The Real Americans - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Real Americans (1225 Views)

China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims / Barack Obama Is Greatest President Of Our Lifetime - Many Americans Say / A White Man Learns The Meaning Of "Maga" In Nigeria, Blasts Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Americans by Dhayveed002(m): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
GirlsDoItBetter:

I googled it : The term “Red Indians” is an old, British only term, and no longer. It is considered insulting term for Native Americans or American Indians
Okay
Is like they dont have upper arm in america
Re: The Real Americans by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
hosemujica:
yeah bro.
Do you mind if we link up.
Re: The Real Americans by hosemujica: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Abso1uteZero:
Do you mind if we link up.
Sure man
Re: The Real Americans by GirlsDoItBetter(f): 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Abso1uteZero:
It isn't so bad the way it is. 'White' history shouldn't be of particular concern to us. If it interests you, then fine. Surrey? Brings back harry potter memories.
Yeah it's a nice place to live
Re: The Real Americans by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
hosemujica:
Sure man
pm? Or you could hit up my mail .com if it isnt a bother.

1 Like

Re: The Real Americans by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
GirlsDoItBetter:
Yeah it's a nice place to live
cool. Nice meeting you.
Re: The Real Americans by GirlsDoItBetter(f): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Abso1uteZero:
cool. Nice meeting you.
you too.
Re: The Real Americans by hosemujica: 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Abso1uteZero:
pm? Or you could hit up my mail kelvinjude07@gmail.com if it isnt a bother.
I just sent you a message.
Re: The Real Americans by mysticwarrior(m): 10:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
the population of native Americans was greatly reduced when they were slaughtered by the white during the "INDIAN WARS" most of them died of small pox and other diseases brought by European settlers, 3 out of every six native American died as a result of this deliberate massacre and plague which were brought upon them by the whites.

During the Indian wars there were Admirable warrior leaders which include lakota Sitting bull, crazy horse, and Touch the cloud, there were still strong resistance from other native Americans tribes who fought bravely, such as the chiricahua Apache led by Geronimo the most famous native American of his generation.

the white forced the native Americans into reservations where there are little rainfall and less fertile lands, they made them to walked all the way to the reservations, till this day and endless generations to come the Navaho nation will never forget the agony of the long walk their ancestors were made to go through, so many of them died in the process.

The ancient native American way of life and spirituality has attracted so much admiration to historians including myself. I was a little boy when first heard of native Americans while watching the 1984 movie( the mystic warrior) and the scenes of that movie still linger in my memory even till this day, I adopted the name of the movie and used it as my nairaland Monika.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Americans by 1stbest(m): 2:22am On Mar 22, 2021
That is very unfortunate, and many people doesn't know about the history.
Re: The Real Americans by AlphaSoul: 11:43am On Mar 26, 2021
1stbest:
Did you know, these are the real Americans.

These archival pictures are mainly from the 1800s. Well preserved!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Americans by AlphaSoul: 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
GirlsDoItBetter:

Correct, they still own a lot of the land too. Do people not get taught this in school?
@GirlsDoItBetter

On the contrary, they do NOT have a lot of land. As a history enthusiast, I grew up (from when I was four) voraciously reading a lot of encyclopedias in my family home library many decades back (before the advent of the Internet), and have a vast knowledge of Native American history before and after white immigration.

As of 1794, almost the entire
USA (with the exception of smaller pockets of lands on the East Coast) was in Native American hands.

Then with the support of the
Federal and state entities... White immigrants began to expand into local Native American lands in the present-day USA and Canada. They were forcibly removed from their vast fertile lands forever and made to embark on long treks to their new, largely dry and less fertile abodes... men, women, children dying from exhaustion, disease, and hunger on the way to the smaller, hot and dry
"Reservations!"

Today the Native American lands are very small with a lot of people struggling economically. Although there are success stories among the natives.

America was built on a lot of injustice towards the Native subgroups - the Navajo Nation,
Apaches, Sioux, Cherokees, etc.
I salute the memories of some of my favourite Native American warrior chiefs from the 1800s, such as
Sitting Bull, Standing Bull, Geronimo, etc, who fought bravely to defend their lands in the so-called "Indian Wars" against white domination and eventual push into the dry lands and Reservations of North/South Dakota, Iowa... and nearby States in Central and North-Western USA.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Americans by mysticwarrior(m): 2:25am On Mar 27, 2021
AlphaSoul:

@GirlsDoItBetter

On the contrary, they do NOT have a lot of land. As a history enthusiast, I grew up (from when I was four) voraciously reading a lot of encyclopedias in my family home library many decades back (before the advent of the Internet), and have a vast knowledge of Native American history before and after white immigration.

As of 1794, almost the entire
USA (with the exception of smaller pockets of lands on the East Coast) was in Native American hands.

Then with the support of the
Federal and state entities... White immigrants began to expand into local Native American lands in the present-day USA and Canada. They were forcibly removed from their vast fertile lands forever and made to embark on long treks to their new, largely dry and less fertile abodes... men, women, children dying from exhaustion, disease, and hunger on the way to the smaller, hot and dry
"Reservations!"

Today the Native American lands are very small with a lot of people struggling economically. Although there are success stories among the natives.

America was built on a lot of injustice towards the Native subgroups - the Navajo Nation,
Apaches, Sioux, Cherokees, etc.
I salute the memories of some of my favourite Native American warrior chiefs from the 1800s, such as
Sitting Bull, Standing Bull, Geronimo, etc, who fought bravely to defend their lands in the so-called "Indian Wars" against white domination and eventual push into the dry lands and Reservations of North/South Dakota, Iowa... and nearby States in Central USA.
chambers encyclopedia really helped to keep me abreast in the areas of early civilization, global politics, empires and dynasties, classical antiquity and above all military history.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Israel Has The Most Technologically Advanced Military On Earth / Suspected Arms Depot In Western Russia Is Destroyed ‘by Ukrainian Missile’ / Israel To Free Palestinian Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.