Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People (733 Views)

Nigerian Poses As Director General Of Police In India To Defraud People / New Trick Used By Kidnappers And Fraudsters To Implicate Unsuspecting People / New Trick Used By Ritualists, Please Take Note!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People by blazepascal(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nigeria is full of scammers on the lookout for their next victim. Due to the fact that people are now very alert, they've also devised a new means to steal money from people's account

At 1:30pm yesterday, I got a phone call from 08128294037 who claimed to be Mr henry from First Bank, Abuja. He gave my full names, BVN number, Date of Birth, my Alert phone number, which he called, also the 5 digit number I used to create my First Bank mobile bank application.

He said that one Mr mike created a Union bank account, and is trying to move money from my First Bank account to the Union bank. He claimed he stopped the transaction and is trying to verify if I authorized such transaction, which is the reason I have not gotten any debit Alert. I asked him to go ahead to block the transaction, for I didn't authorize any online transaction.

He then asked if I gave my ATM card to anyone or used my ATM recently, I said NO.

He then asked if I have my ATM card with me, and demanded that I should read out the ATM digit numbers to enable him stop the transaction. I told him that he had already stopped the transaction and have gotten a clarification from me, which is enough to enable him block whatever that needs to be blocked, if he is truly a first bank staff.

As I refused to call out the numbers, he then asked whether this isn't the first 5 numbers. He then asked what the next number was. I told him that I would never read out my number to someone who claimed to be First Bank of Nigeria staff over the phone, that I will rather go to any First Bank office & complain. He then asked me if he is a ghost and not a First Bankstaff to have all my details. As I annoyed him by not giving in, he switched off the phone.

A message came in, as I checked the message on my phone, there was already a message from Union Bank, showing Account opening Authentication numbers 872395, 973392.

I quickly rushed to First Bank. The Customer care personnel asked me not to bother about anything as long as I didn't read out those numbers to him or give him my ATM pin or the three digits number at the back of my ATM card. Please be guided. it is so real & convincing that I believe some Fraudulent bank staffs connive with these DIE HARD HOOLIGANS to dupe innocent customers".

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People by eme1n(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People by Kriss216: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2021
People get mind still dey do local fraud for this Bawa regime

Nawao, some people don't just value their freedom.
Re: Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People by Oyiboman69: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
You did well....

1 Like

Re: Check Out Another Trick Used By Bank Scammers To Defraud People by providencia(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2021
Its always firsbank. Same thing happened to a relative who opened account newly. Kudos Op

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Base Presenter, Oriyomi Hamzat Invades Slave Camp Of Fake Islamic Cleric / Why The Hate On Yahoo Boys? / EXCLUSIVE: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.