Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? (27589 Views)

See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. / Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Bapy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Holla amigos!

I'm Jane, a 200L pharmacy student. I just finished my 100L second semester exams last month and all our results are out! (yeah, my school's that fast grin)
Good news is that the list of those who crossed over to pharmacy school is out and guess whose name is there? Yeaaaaa it's ur girl, wink
Now I'm currently wrapped up in confusion because a colleague of mine just told me that My CGPA is useless angry I'm like howww? And she told me that it doesn't start counting from 100L, but from 200L
Now I'm in severe pain because my CGPA of 4.905 is about to go down the drain, all my sleepless night? angry

So out of curiosity I brought it to my elders on Nairaland to confirm the authenticity of this?

Also I want to clarify from med students, what's the criteria for graduating with a distinction in B.pharm?
Nawaoh is it that you don't have senior colleagues in your school to make such clearifications or you just wanted to tell us that you calculated your CGPA in pre-pharmacy by yourself and it's very good?Or are you the first set of pharmacy students in your school?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Pootle: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
Catfishing:
that's a 5-year-old pics.....she must have aged...probably with wrinkles nd sagging boobs sad

grin na b lie baba
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by farady(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your CGPA is not useless. Just keep the candle burning by studying harder and not relenting. Pharmacy is a tough no doubt. Most schools don't even classify the degree just like medicine. Even at that, if that's your choice of study, then you must love it and it becomes easier to fly high when others are complaining.

Stay away from negative people and surround yourself with goal-getters. Above all ask God to give you the grace and the spirit of excellence in your academic pursuits.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Bapy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
We should be careful how we use the word "Medical" In Nigeria they're are only two branches independent in medicine which is "Dentistry and Veterinary medicine" Google the definition of Pharmacy and you will see it is "Allied Health". For clarification it is "Dental student" and "Veterinary student (vet student).
For Generalisation Students in the College of Medicine which may comprise other disciplines are called Medical students.
Pharmacy has its Faculty. We are misusing the word "Medical" and that's why we're having problem in the Health sector.
Your CGPA is good but doesn't pharmacy give just distinction or pass?
she's just seeking for attention.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Bapy(m): 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
femi4:
It start from 100l. It's not a waste
it's obvious that you don't know what you're saying? There's nothing like CGPA in 100 level pharmacy.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Andercruz: 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Listen dear, You made an exceptional grade point so far... Thumbs up.
Your colleague is not well informed at all. His info is under the pillow. Cumulative GPA is the final result after the two semesters of each year. Every semester counts, session counts, therefore, I urge to burn more candles.
For further clarity you can talk to your departmental academic adviser or exam officer over ur confusion.
More elbow grease, and God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Bapy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
Andercruz:
Listen dear, You made an exceptional grade point so far... Thumbs up.
Your colleague is not well informed at all. His info is under the pillow. Cumulative GPA is the final result after the two semesters of each year. Every semester counts, session counts, therefore, I urge to burn more candles.
For further clarity you can talk to your departmental academic adviser or exam officer over ur confusion.
More elbow grease, and God bless you.
that of pharmacy students don't count from 100l oga
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Kellie069(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
I swear you no even gain admission ! Talkless of 4.9cgpa!!! Don’t angry me fa
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Fxwarrior: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Please I know NL is home to the maddest trolls in nigeria grin and I don't have thick skin yet, so please go easy on me, because I fit cry oo.
Mind the kind of 'friends' you keep.

Anyone that tells me that, I will be looking at him/her with one eye. There's a reason for that.

That's how winch craft starts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by foxton: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hi Sis, am a pharmacist and I can tell u every single grade u have counts. Dont let any lazy mofos tell u otherwise. U might not understand till u start applying for a post graduate course abroad. WES credential evaluation will remind you of the time u squandered. Pharmacy is a competative course and u cant be average in any stuff competative as it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Fxwarrior: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:

That's my 100L CGPA, I just got into 200L, I haven't started 200L I'm just here to clarify if my 100L CGPA counts in pharmacy?

That's 100L GPA because you need to add it to that of 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc to final year to get CGPA.
That 100 L is foundation year, build on it. it sure counts.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Oloristarr(f): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
Why not go ask ur dean madam or better ur HOD Since the one ur colleague tell u never de ok
This kain topic sef
McJane:
Holla amigos!

I'm Jane, a 200L pharmacy student. I just finished my 100L second semester exams last month and all our results are out! (yeah, my school's that fast grin)
Good news is that the list of those who crossed over to pharmacy school is out and guess whose name is there? Yeaaaaa it's ur girl, wink
Now I'm currently wrapped up in confusion because a colleague of mine just told me that My CGPA is useless angry I'm like howww? And she told me that it doesn't start counting from 100L, but from 200L
Now I'm in severe pain because my CGPA of 4.905 is about to go down the drain, all my sleepless night? angry

So out of curiosity I brought it to my elders on Nairaland to confirm the authenticity of this?

Also I want to clarify from med students, what's the criteria for graduating with a distinction in B.pharm?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Evii: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb- Nelson Mandela.

I advice you keep same hard work on, keep the sleepless night and keep burning the candle sticks for a day shall come when the light at the end of the tunnel shall spring forth. Don't be discouraged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Oloristarr(f): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
Right on
You got it very very well
Too much knowledge there
Zeeknow3245:
We should be careful how we use the word "Medical" In Nigeria they're are only two branches independent in medicine which is "Dentistry and Veterinary medicine" Google the definition of Pharmacy and you will see it is "Allied Health". For clarification it is "Dental student" and "Veterinary student (vet student).
For Generalisation Students in the College of Medicine which may comprise other disciplines are called Medical students.
Pharmacy has its Faculty. We are misusing the word "Medical" and that's why we're having problem in the Health sector.
Your CGPA is good but doesn't pharmacy give just distinction or pass?
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Romanus123: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your friend is typically write because most of the courses you did in 1st year were borrowed courses and some department don't consider such courses while calculating your CGPA.
I will advise you not to give up, add more effort to one you put in 1st and I bet you will get higher grade.

You need any information and Dubai, United Arab Emirates, chat me up on WhatsApp@ +971523603356
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by micflo28(m): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Babe, do not let anyone deceive you, your 100 level result is as important as all other levels. its good you have laid the foundation, soothing part is that it is easy to maintain than building from the scratch later on. Be focused. Make a good 2.1 and I will help you secure a job with my present agency. You are intelligent by the way. Don't be distracted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Oloristarr(f): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Oga calm down de explain nonsense if u don’t know quiet am or ask person
Where u don see such percentage for academics ehn abi u no go school de put moutg here
Aunty pharmacy school doesn’t care about ur GP everyone graduates with a distinction same with medical school u might just be recognized as the BGS and helps for masters
HitRun:
It should count. Perhaps what your colleague was trying to say is that the weight of your 100level cgpa in your final cgpa is low. What that means is that even if you perform badly in your 100 level, but picked up subsequently, you still end up with a good cgpa. For example, the weighted score of 100 level may be 15%, 200 level 25%, 300level 30%, 400level 20%, and 500level, 10%. If u do badly in 100 or 500 level, it may not dent your final cgpa as much as if you did badly in 200, 300, and 400 level. Conversely, if you do very well in 100 and 500 levels, it wouldn't mean much if you do badly in the other levels.

The good thing is that doing well in 100level gives you the impetus to continue going strong. Do not slack. Go girl!

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
Congrats
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Cashify: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
oh
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Franksomtoo: 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
It counts. All levels count when it comes to the final result. Mine counted, so why won't yours?

PS: I'm a Medical Radiographer
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by HonourableUche(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Holla amigos!

Your GPA is not useless because it will contribute to your final CGPA. But the only thing is that pharmacy is NOT classified that is nothing like first class, second class etc.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Slurity(m): 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your friend is correct to say the cgpa is useless but he or she is very wrong not to explain in what perspective the uselessness. As a pharmacist, Dr, and nurse, you are not offering any coded course and so, you will not be rated on cgpa but on grades raging from Distinction, credit or pass. This is the reason you never hear people saying someone is a first class medical Dr graduate but they will rather say someone graduated with distinction in medicine. So, my sister, Your cgpa still not useless after all because, it has given you the chance to achieve the crossing to your desire department and a solid foundation to build on to graduate with Distinction. Your friend know little about the grading system. You are supper smart. I like you already
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by perdollar(m): 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
Give me a Bleep first before I answer u
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Rajosh(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
suzzyboss:
It is still GPA , it's when you get to 200l that it becomes CGPA the C there means cumulative , your school didn't give you guys the proper orientation or maybe you chose not to go. So you grade in 100 level can affect your grade in 400 level
Well your GPA is very is just like your foundation , and it's good don't mind that your colleague
it is CGPA. comprising both first and second semesters already. she's done with 100lvl.

1 Like

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
Maj196:
Well, I dunno about pharmacy but engineering in my school 100 Level GPA doesn't count. But you brain sha oo... 4.9 shocked

U better don't let them deceive u? That's what they tell everyone bcuz nobody knows d actual way they do it.
That was wat I was told during my time, until u see ur final result.
They use everything result including General studies from year 1 to final year, some will even tell u they don't use I.T in engineering , u better get serious.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Maj196(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

U better don't let them deceive u? That's what they tell everyone bcuz nobody knows d actual way they do it.
That was wat I was told during my time, until u see ur final result.
They use everything result including General studies from year 1 to final year, some will even tell u they don't use I.T in engineering , u better get serious.
Okay, but I'm done with school
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by tolurx(m): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Holla amigos!

It depends on your school. For OAU, your Part 1 grade does not add to your overall CGPA. It would start from part 2. Different levels also have different impact on CGPA with 500 level having the highest impact.It's not exactly a waste though as you can still make use of it for scholarship purpose.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Mummymahdi(f): 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
Girl search for scholarships and filled as many as you can apply for. B proud and keep it up. This result will be affecting all ur results till ur final semester, don't be around negative mates, ever

1 Like

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by sync(f): 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Why not ask one of your lecturers in school or better still an advanced student of ur department
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by joeking2222: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Catfishing:
that's a 5-year-old pics.....she must have aged...probably with wrinkles nd sagging boobs sad
cheesy grin grin.........omo, this forum dey breed anyhow people sha!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umezurika Opata Wins $100,000 AU Award (Photo) / Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years / Secondary School Students Found Floating On Osun River Dead (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.