Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? (4672 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by BIGPREEQ: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2020
Hi guys, so basically I'm a 100L pharmacy student.
Our First semester result were just released on our portal and fortunately for me I'm on a 4.9/5.0 CGPA
I've always heard so many people saying CGPA isn't a necessity for medical/Pharm students since it's unclassified
I put in a Lot of effort in getting that CGPA and I won't lie its really exhausting
Do I just focus on just "Passing my courses" or Continue with the CGPA hunt?
I'd love to hear from Med/pharm students in higher levels or any one that has an idea

PS; This post isn't intended to brag at all

10 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Humanoid01(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2020
What exactly is the function of "basically" in your first sentence?

Anyway, my opinion is you shouldn't focus on just "passing your courses" or the cgpa hunt. Focus on amassing knowledge and understanding what you know. Read extensively and love what you do, that way any test/exam that comes your way will be a piece of cake then passing your courses and building your cgpa will be a plus. You seem like an intelligent person, so yeah, you can do it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by LeeSantos(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2020
no wonder they say some brilliant ones are not smart and intelligent.

this is Ur personal life, keep it out of the net, and stop being f**lish.

perhaps I get from the rubbish u post, u are still a kid.
Ur post is meaningless, I can't draw a conclusion from it.

13 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by BIGPREEQ: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

That's not an answer to my question

But since you came to display your diction prowess
I'll explain to you. The idea of the "Basically" in the first sentence was to refer to the most important / Fundamental part of the sentence

Meaning I have no idea of what I'm about to ask because I'm in 100L

5 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2020
If you are a medical student, I would have tell you to focus on passing your courses while using this cgpa to hunt scholarships.

Well done Op. smiley

8 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by BIGPREEQ: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

Was the hate necessary?
Lmao!! I'm not the cause of your frustration in this Life o oga

The internet is made available get information, which I used Nairaland for.

Even with your Pass degree you still ain't smart as you try so hard to sound. So try get sense next time

13 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Humanoid01(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

That's not an answer to my question

But since you came to display your diction prowess
I'll explain to you. The idea of the "Basically" in the first sentence was to refer to the most important / Fundamental part of the sentence

Meaning I have no idea of what I'm about to ask because I'm in 100L
If being in 100L is the most fundamental part, then what is it fundamental to? You have not emphasized on the major importance of the word in that sentence. It was needless. I already answered your question in my initial post.

1 Like

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by BIGPREEQ: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2020
Syrinexa:
If you are a medical student, I would have tell you to focus on passing your courses while using this cgpa to hunt scholarships.

Well done Op. smiley

Thanks man.. I appreciate
I don't have to waste my time trying so hard na?
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by BIGPREEQ: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

If being in 100L is the most fundamental part, then what is it fundamental to? You have not emphasized on the major importance of the word in that sentence. It was needless. I already answered your question in my initial post.

Don't you comprehend?
Well maybe you should check the dictionary and relate it with my post
You'd comprehend better

And thanks anyways for your advice
grin make I no lie na 200L I plan on doing all that
I'm just focused on crossing over to pharm school
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Humanoid01(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Don't you comprehend?
You'd comprehend better

I just feel people tend to use that word needlessly on multiple occasions, but my bad, I understand you now.
Why would you want to cross over to pharmacy school? Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a med/pharmacy student.
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by LeeSantos(m): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Was the hate necessary?
Lmao!! I'm not the cause of your frustration in this Life o oga

The internet is made available get information, which I used Nairaland for.

Even with your Pass degree you still ain't smart as you try so hard to sound. So try get sense next time

there is no single sense in that big head of Ur.
@ your age you can't make simple decisions yourself without thr internet. f**lishness of the highest rating. would Ur CGPA increase if u don't pass all your courses?

aw old are you. I just concluded my youth service this year @ the age of 22. break my record if you wan die.

no worry Na, next one will be how to beep my gf without getting her pregnant as u say dem born you without sense.

4 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by MrEgghead(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Don't you comprehend?
You'd comprehend better

Since you're already in Pharmacy, where are you crossing over to?

Always do your best where ever you find yourself.
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by bobbybrown007: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2020
look for skullarship exam and japa from here or u just maintain ur gp the praticals they give to u. like if u do mind then mention me if u want to ask me questions
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Honduras01: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

@ your age you can't make simple decisions yourself without thr internet. f**lishness of the highest rating. would Ur CGPA increase if u don't pass all your courses?

aw old are you. I just concluded my youth service this year @ the age of 22. break my record if you wan die.

no worry Na, next one will be how to beep my gf without getting her pregnant as u say dem born you without sense.

na envy/jealousy go kee u.

1 Like

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by LeeSantos(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2020
Honduras01:

na envy/jealousy go kee u.
i no dey follow those wey no get school cert. talk even if Na primary try get one u need am bossman .
trace one word that portray jealousy there.

them go send una go school, Na back of school Ur type dey stay

3 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Honduras01: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

i no dey follow those wey no get school cert. talk even if Na primary try get one u need am bossman .
trace one word that portray jealousy there.

them go send una go school, Na back of school Ur type dey stay

grin I can see how frustrated you are this morning.

sorry okay?

and I'm done replying u. Bitch!
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by RighteousSlawor: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Damnnn niggurrr..... Praise tha lord. Ogbeni u tried. Continue with this hand till ur final year, with this hand u will make first class. And as u do that, make sure u are at peace with my sky daddy. Halleluyah!
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by LeeSantos(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2020
Honduras01:

grin I can see how frustrated you are this morning.
sorry okay?
and I'm done replying u. Bitch!
lol. u dont have points to make. aw would u have known someone else is frustrated if your aren't one yourself. go back to school. and stop been a uselss Nigeria youth
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Honduras01: 10:32am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

lol. u dont have points to make.
aw would u have known someone else is frustrated if your aren't one yourself.
go back to school. and stop been a uselss Nigeria youth

grin
someone asked a question and u entered and start spewing shit from that hole in ur skull instead of giving him advice.

People like u are plenty around and they don't go far. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by ikennamadu1(m): 10:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

Anyway, my opinion is you shouldn't focus on just "passing your courses" or the cgpa hunt. Focus on amassing knowledge and understanding what you know. Read extensively and love what you do, that way any test/exam that comes your way will be a piece of cake then passing your courses and building your cgpa will be a plus. You seem like an intelligent person, so yeah, you can do it.

where you they make I give you one cold orijin with suya 1k to dilute am
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by sounwave: 10:50am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

Comedians everywhere!! grin grin
This is too funny abeg
Bros calm down biko
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by PAWG(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ I’m confused here, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Can you focus on passing your courses without making good grades? Or make good grades without passing your courses? undecided
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 11, 2020
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by Karleb(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
What is going on here?! grin
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by LeeSantos(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2020
Honduras01:

grin
someone asked a question and u entered and start spewing shit from that hole in ur skull instead of giving him advice.

People like u are plenty around and they don't go far. cheesy
what's this one saying e
Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by InventTech: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
Hi guys, so basically I'm a 100L pharmacy student.
Our First semester result were just released on our portal and fortunately for me I'm on a 4.9/5.0 CGPA
I've always heard so many people saying CGPA isn't a necessity for medical/Pharm students since it's unclassified
I put in a Lot of effort in getting that CGPA and I won't lie its really exhausting
Do I just focus on just "Passing my courses" or Continue with the CGPA hunt?
I'd love to hear from Med/pharm students in higher levels or any one that has an idea

PS; This post isn't intended to brag at all

Firstly,

I would like to applaud you for your grand achievements getting a top-range CGPA, keep up the good work.

I can emphatically attest that a great CGPA is absolutely worth it.

As per medicals/Pharm, a distinction will easily avail you with many opportunities/advantages both locally and globally - scholarships, high rated career placements, academia, etc.

And insightfully, your CGPA is an almost precise representation of your mental capabilities, and I guess you definitely wouldn't want to do or give less than you are capable of.

Don't settle for less, don't undermine your chances
Do and be the very best you can be.

My two cents based on my little experience. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by kode12: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

Why are you pushing your frustrations on the OP? If you've got personal problems is it his fault? Even if he's got 5.0 CGPA and wants to take out a BBC advert he's earned it so what's your problem? OP focus on achieving excellence, regardless of CGPA, read as much as you can and love your course, it'll help you when things get tough, and the tenacity you develop now will see you far into the future.

3 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by generationz(f): 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
So many frustrated people on this topic. grin

4 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by ArticleBeast: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
LeeSantos:

My kid brother finished his nysc at age 20. Stop the unnecessary hate.

3 Likes

Re: See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? by GodWrites: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Indeed, some people are intelligent, while some are just book smart. Seems op belongs to the latter. It will end in premium regret, cause life is a b!tch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Prof. Friday Okon, The Most Wicked Lecturer In Uniuyo / What Is 47 In Ak47? / Old Nigerian Women Rock Their Former School Uniform For Reunion Outing. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.