Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar (24723 Views)

Tinubu Presented An Empty Budget Box - Jaafar Jaafar / The Moment Jaafar Jaafar Left After Exposing Governor Ganduje At Kano Assembly / Ganduje's Bribe: Pupils Protest 'Jaafar Jaafar, Your Video Will Not Stop Us...' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by oshozondii: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Dollar videos: Jaafar Jaafar writes IGP, says ‘blame Ganduje if anything happens to me'

Following renewed threats to his life, the publisher of DAILY NIGERIAN, Jaafar Jaafar, has petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, saying that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State should be held responsible if anything happens to him.

In October 2018, this newspaper had published video clips showing the governor pocketing bundles of dollar notes believed to be kickbacks from contractors handling various projects awarded by the state government.

The governor had since denied the videos, describing them as cloned.

But in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service on Friday, March 19, Mr Ganduje disclosed that the state government was making plans to deal with those behind the videos.

In the face of the renewed threats, Mr Jaafar, through his counsel, Barrister Abdullahi Gumel, wrote to the IGP, intimating him that the governor and his supporters were planning to harm the publisher.

Part of the petition reads: “That our client (Jaafar Jaafar) has de facto been made persona non-grata in his home state and lives in perpetual fear in the rest of the country including Abuja. Thus, he and his family have essentially been hiding for fear of their lives.

“As if the above was not enough, Mr Ganduje recently indicated that he and his supporters are scheming underground to “deal with” our client. Ganduje made this statement on a popular BBC Hausa program “A Fada A Cika” which aired on the 19th March 2021. He insisted that he would not reveal their plans despite an opportunity to clarify what he meant.

“It is our clients’ and our firm belief that by the above statement, Ganduje clearly said that he and his supporters are scheming to harm our client. This is also an approval or ratification of his supporters past stalking, harassment and threats to our client.

“Importantly, Ganduje is by this statement instigating, inciting, aiding, abetting and procuring his supporters (especially those he is working secretly with) to harm our client, his family and property. This has caused our client unprecedented fear of violence and has alarmed and distressed him.

“Sir, the above facts must be seen in the contest of the fact that Mr Ganduje, being a sitting Governor and member of the ruling party, is one of the most powerful politicians in Nigeria.

“He has thousands of diehard supporters, including those directly and indirectly employed by him. Thus, his words carry weight in the minds of thousands of supporters across Nigeria who may be incited to attack our client.

“Sir, we believe you will agree with us that journalism and whistleblowing are not a crime. It is our clients’ belief that the footages they published, which they firmly stand to this day, are genuine and the accompanying stories are truthful and fair account of the circumstances surrounding the footages.

“It worthy of note that Mr Ganduje has instituted an action for defamation which are client is vehemently and successfully defending in court. However, Mr Ganduje has apparently lost faith in the merit of his suit, hence, this unground planning that he said he is orchestrating.

“It is against this backdrop that we write to you urging you intervene to: (a) investigate what Mr Ganduje is scheming, with whom and how and halt same; (b) protect our clients from further harm, threats and harassment from Ganduje and his supporters; and (c) get Mr Ganduje to issue a statement calling on his supporters and cronies to stop threatening and harassing our clients.

“Sir, we are aware that Ganduje is a sitting governor and a member of the ruling party, but our clients hope that you will not let this inhibit your ability to handle his complaint professionally, diligently and speedily.

“In view of the forgoing, the governor should be held responsible if anything happened to our client.”

https://dailynigerian.com/dollar-videos-jaafar-jaafar/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Eriokanmi: 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
Party of criminals. Nobody had felt so much threatened and vulnerable in the history of Nigeria as we've seen today.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by jlinkd78(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Noted
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by toplinetrtrend: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
Alasane, one Muslim is threatening the life of another Muslim for exposing corruption.

Don't you think you are a fool for saying only Christians are corrupt? How do you manage not to feel dumb when you make such a comment?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
If you're afraid why will you create deep fake video.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by saphiere(f): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
Who cares?

The FUTURE is FEMALE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by IMASTEX: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
Okay
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by fasho01(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
Gandollar.. The Internet never forgets

5 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by NwaNimo1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2021

18 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by melvinjames: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
IPOB propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Franckelv230: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Wahala be like Buhari, e too plenty for Africa

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Stateoforigin: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
kiss
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by JosephXavier: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Whistle blowing in Nigeria is the second easiest way to become a target by this administration. Both at the Federal or state level

First is protest

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by davodyguy: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Interesting
Gandollar

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
Seriously, Nigeria is too complicated to be one... Even under restructuring, there will still be lots of issues to settle daily.
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
Alhaji Thief Gandollar
Just a shameless thief like the others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Cocao(f): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
What a mess of a country. Anybody can act anyhow, do anything, say anything and get away with it. More so, a -politician!
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by globalresource: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
APC is a useless party

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Fahdiga(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Gandollar is evil

3 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Vickym1(f): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Efcc has turned a blind eye to gandollar's video

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by 175(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
Useless governor.

BBQ vultures friend and pride of awerafirstson.

Crazy shiiit heads

5 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by chiokeman(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Please help me ask Ganduje if what he was holding is coupon paper, After 2023 na dt time we go no say Rev Fr dey wear clothes inside. Rubbish!
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Commonguy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
All these politicians sef
I don tire for their matter
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Kobicove(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Imagine...being on the run from your home state for doing your job

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by williams85(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
If you're afraid why will you create deep fake video.
Must you be stupid?

12 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by mytime24(f): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Only in naija
Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by wink2015(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ganduje is so pained by the 'gandollars videos.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
saphiere:
Who cares?
The FUTURE is FEMALE
Indeed, with clitocurrency, the future is female

4 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar by just2endowed: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
toplinetrtrend:
Alasane, one Muslim is threatening the life of another Muslim for exposing corruption.

Don't you think you are a fool for saying only Christians are corrupt? How do you manage not to feel dumb when you make such a comment?

He's sure bet is to seek asylum in any developed country. Canada will gladly stamp his visa. That's the sure way to leave this bad government for life. If na me, Stamp to sure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) / Osinbajo, South-West Governors Visit Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife / Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.