Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks (2745 Views)

President Buhari Receives Dimeji Bankole And Gbenga Daniels At Aso Rock Villa / Dimeji Bankole And Aisha Shinkafi Saidu Wedding Pictures / Adeleye Gbenga And Dimeji Adeleye Attacked In Ekiti, Beaten Mercilessly (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Ilekokonit: 2:47am On Mar 23, 2021
David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks

Former Senate President David Mark and former Speaker of the House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole were monthly receiving $30 million each from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) during the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua’s administration, a leaked confidential US diplomatic cable published by Wikileaks said.

The cable quoted Nigerian former Ambassador to the United Nations Maitama Sule as saying that Yar’Adua turned down approximately $60 million which had been offered to him by the NNPC as the President’s personal “share” of the nation’s monthly oil.

Sule, according to the cable, alleged that the NNPC, right from Obasanjo’s administration, allocated USD 1.00 per barrel of oil sold as a type of personal payment or “kickback” to the President.

“While Yar’Adua ordered his “share” to be deposited into the nation’s treasury, First Lady Tura’i Yar’adua pocketed her husband’s reported share, while Senate President David Mark and House Speaker Dimeji Bankole pocketed USD 0.50/barrel (e.g., $30 million)” the cable quoted Sule as revealing.

“In light of the possibility that Obasanjo could have stolen billions of dollars under this arrangement, Sule told PolOff that Yar’Adua told him that he may use this information, perhaps one day in the near future, to indict Obasanjo for corruption.

“The problem however, according to Sule, rested in the fact that Yar’Adua recognized that if he were to pursue Obasanjo, he may unwittingly subject his wife and close advisers to greater scrutiny, and risk his own political survival”, the cable added. When contacted by Daily Trust to comment on the allegation that he told the American intelligence cable in 2008 that former President Obasanjo had one dollar for every barrel of crude oil produced in Nigeria as kickback, Sule said he “could not remember having said so”.

He said he did not say so “since I know nothing about oil industry because I did not work there and have no business whatsoever with Nigeria’s oil sector”.

Sule, who now holds the traditional title of Danmasanin Kano, added that it is only those in government that could know government secret and how things are being run there.

Reacting to a leaked confidential US diplomatic cable published by Wikileaks, the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma told Daily Trust on phone that the allegation was nonsense and ridiculous.

“No Senate President or Speaker has ever received anything as kickback from the Corporation. It is just concocted and baseless”, he added.

Senate President David Mark yesterday denied reports credited to the Wikileaks that he and some other top government officials received the sum of $30m monthly as kickback from the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) in 2007.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Kola Ologbondiyan, Mark said he could not believe that Alhaji Maitama Sule, an elder statesman, would have made the statements ascribed to him by the United States of America (USA) former Ambassador, Robin Sanders, as contained in the Wikileaks.

He described the allegation as “malicious, spurious, wicked and mere fabrication of a mind that is fertile in mischief.

“I have no knowledge of any kickback or proceed from the NNPC neither did I, at any time, in concert with the late President Umaru Musa YarAdua; his wife, Turai and the former House of Representatives Speaker, Hon. Dimeji Sabur Bankole, engaged in corrupt practices or receive kickback of $30 million.”

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/08ABUJA1018_a.html
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Nbotee(m): 2:53am On Mar 23, 2021
Of cos dey will deny it... That's why every Governor wants to retire in the senate. No wonder Mr Integrity made himself Minister of Petroleum and his wife na practically lives in Dubai

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by HacheNoire: 2:54am On Mar 23, 2021
PDP!

Power to the people!

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by BlueSparks: 2:54am On Mar 23, 2021
It's true

There's a special arrangement since 1999 which was tailor designed to make the president rich and influential over rivals that sees him get 1 USD per barrel of oil extracted.

Very good reportage and leak. I'm certain 80% of Nigerians didn't know of this until this thread. I questioned the logic behind that arrangement from the first time the information reached me

Telecommunications 1 Naira per recharge card

Crude oil 1 USD per barrel

Why would the nation have good leaders when we have emperors that have rigged the nation to fail coupled with its terrible constitutions and institutions.

Nigeria needs to disentangle and start from the beginning

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Ilekokonit: 3:05am On Mar 23, 2021
Its no wonder that it is written in Nigeria's constitution that NNPC should NOT be audited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by sofeo(m): 3:10am On Mar 23, 2021
Ok
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by LeeSantos(m): 3:11am On Mar 23, 2021
are u kidneying me?
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Monogamy: 3:22am On Mar 23, 2021
Wikileaks for Dimeji and Mark's matter..

Jokes taking too far
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by tit(f): 3:45am On Mar 23, 2021
No wonder Aisha is living large in dubai
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by kunle75(m): 4:13am On Mar 23, 2021
I will partially believe some of this report, because I remember one of my neighbors telling me something like this in 2004 but I find it hard to believe back then but he was a lecturer in warri delta state and somehow may be privy to some info that I don't.
Now I am beginning to feel that he's telling me truth. Atleast some truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by chamboy(m): 4:23am On Mar 23, 2021
Simply put, David Mark and Dimeji Bankole made some substantial resource from Nigeria's Cake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by chamboy(m): 4:25am On Mar 23, 2021
To be honest, as an distant Yoruba Man. OBJ is a waste to Southern Western Nigeria. That dude did entire nothing to benefit his region and nigeria at large. At least, Buhari's brothers are chopping. Wetin we chop for OBJ time? #Yorubaronu

3 Likes

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Racoon(m): 4:26am On Mar 23, 2021
Criminals everywhere! This is why they need to be executed.Nigeria need the Jerry Rawlings solution.

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Racoon(m): 4:27am On Mar 23, 2021
“While Yar’Adua ordered his “share” to be deposited into the nation’s treasury, First Lady Tura’i Yar’adua pocketed her husband’s reported share, while Senate President David Mark and House Speaker Dimeji Bankole pocketed USD 0.50/barrel (e.g., $30 million)” the cable quoted Sule as revealing
Was late president Umaru Musa Ya'Addua aware his wife did this? So much corruption in government.
Reacting to a leaked confidential US diplomatic cable published by Wikileaks, the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma told Daily Trust on phone that the allegation was nonsense and ridiculous.
I remember how this man was defending all the corruption in the NNPC then until he die in the Dana Plane mishap in Iju Ishaga.

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by LeeSantos(m): 4:31am On Mar 23, 2021
chamboy:
To be honest, as an distant Yoruba Man. OBJ is a waste to Southern Western Nigeria. That dude did entire nothing to benefit his region and nigeria at large. At least, Buhari's brothers are chopping. Wetin we chop for OBJ time? #Yorubaronu
you should go to Ogun & Abeokuta where he hail from, and even have his business (OTA).
you just instantly lose hope for Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by SmartPolician: 5:01am On Mar 23, 2021
There are certain news you read about Nigeria, it will spoil your mood for the whole day. This is a good example. The African black, like Chimamanda Adichie calls them, are terrible creatures!

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by pyyxxaro: 5:47am On Mar 23, 2021
This Country is tooo rich , too rich

If only you know how much has been looted from this Country

Una go weep

Nobody is talking about NIMASA or NPA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Immediately Monguno blew hot air under Buratai's buttocks, secret documents exposing his "corrupt" billions started popping out. Immediately David Mark spoke out against the assassination attempt on Samuel Ortom, a defunct entity like Wikileaks managed to bring out juicy documents from its grave. This is how they silence those politicians who even try to speak out against the madness going on by issuing subtle threats and reminding them about how their fingers went into cookie jars. Fellow Nigerians especially from the South, you're on your own in this battle cool

3 Likes

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by thundafire: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2021
See money. After our youths will still clamour for the same thieves to rule,I wonder if our youth of this present day is worst than our politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by SarkinYarki: 7:14am On Mar 23, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
Immediately Monguno blew hot air under Buratai's buttocks, secret documents exposing his "corrupt" billions started popping out. Immediately David Mark spoke out against the assassination attempt on Samuel Ortom, a defunct entity like Wikileaks managed to bring out juicy documents from its grave. This is how they silence those politicians who even try to speak out against the madness going on by issuing subtle threats and reminding them about how their fingers went into cookie jars. Fellow Nigerians especially from the South, you're on your own in this battle cool

Your eyes are open
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by JovialJune(f): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2021
Obasanjo is the reason why senators earn ridiculously huge amount of money monthly just cos he desperately wanted 3rd term and needed their approval.

3 Likes

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by JovialJune(f): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

Aptly put.
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Yet Dimeji Bankole was a Youth then o. I am not surprised about that of Senator Mark. Those ones believe that government purse is their own purse yet his senatorial district was always complaining that he didn't bring them development during his long years of active senate years. Now he has been mentioned by wikileaks suggesting that the money allegedly stolen by him and Bankole was for their personal accounts and enrichment .visit www.freestiffsng.com for free stuffs in Nigeria.
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by JovialJune(f): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2021
chamboy:

The internet and phone you're using to type rubbish is one of the many benefits he brought to Nigeria,

Name one achievement of bubu the mumu apart from corruption, nepotism, and enriching his people
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by JovialJune(f): 7:46am On Mar 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Yet Dimeji Bankole was a Youth then o.

That dude was/is a monumental fvckup of the century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by ruggedtimi(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2021
We don't need WikiLeaks to tell us this..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by leokid866: 8:41am On Mar 23, 2021
Ilekokonit:
Its no wonder that it is written in Nigeria's constitution that NNPC should NOT be audited.
please where in the Constitution is this written, I would like to look it up for educational purposes

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by Ishilove: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2021
Racoon:

Was late president Umaru Musa Ya'Addua aware his wife did this? So much corruption in government.
I remember how this man was defending all the corruption in the NNPC then until he die in the Dana Plane mishap in Iju Ishaga.
I'm having goose pimples reading this

1 Like

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by chamboy(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2021
LeeSantos:

you should go to Ogun & Abeokuta where he hail from, and even have his business (OTA).
you just instantly lose hope for Yorubas.
You dont know jack shit, please just keep quite. OBJ didnt even fix the Sango OTA to Lagos road. You're talking of going to OGUN. OMO Nla just focus on your IPOB politics.
Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by iamyemiakins(m): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2021
This country is finished!

These same people are still being recycled to finish the country patapata.

Some set of people were/are getting $30m each from NNPC monthly while the oil producing areas are nothing to write home about.

Who do this country this kain thing!

Re: David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks by chamboy(m): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2021
JovialJune:

The internet and phone you're using to type rubbish is one of the many benefits he brought to Nigeria,

Name one achievement of bubu the mumu apart from corruption, nepotism, and enriching his people
You dont have any strength outside your phone, all i was simply saying was at least buhari might have done something for his Niger replublic/ Fulani boys. What did OBJ do for OTA/Ogun state?Yoruba?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex Soldier To IPOB: Why You Shouldn't Celebrate COAS Attahiru's Death / ONITSHA- Land Of The Benins And Igalas / Massive Turnout For Obidient Movement In Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.