Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Gowon Pushes For Rotational President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Pushes For Rotational President (14126 Views)

Ohanaeze To Yahaya: You Were In School When Rotational Presidency Was Agreed / Rotational Presidency: Zulum Backs Southern Governors, Denies VP Ambition / Ortom Backs Southern Governors On Anti-Grazing Laws, Rotational Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by newoffer: 6:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Problem proffering solutions
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Goditto(m): 6:39am On Mar 23, 2021
You put generations unborn in this mess with your delusionary one Nigeria, the abrogation of the noble Aburi Accord

3 Likes

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Elostar: 6:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Morning sir iboola chi, how was ur night. Hope u slept well, sleeping for the past 50 yes,

1 Like

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by GrandFinale2021(m): 6:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Bethel4Life:
Alright

A fool has spoken
Good morning Gowon.
maybe you're referring to your useless father at home
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 23, 2021
God would punish you sir. you are one of the reasons nigeria is where it is today. Good Morning fool.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by altteemy: 6:49am On Mar 23, 2021
The notion of two vice presidents probably stems from should the president die, the vice from his region will take over and complete his zone's tenure.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by mmsen: 6:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Stupid idea.

Let the north go its own way. They can deal with their own mess.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by West2019(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Nigeria una get prb what's bad about rotating president...if that should be the case let the northern continue ruling you people
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2021
VictorUSA:
See this old man. Rotational presidency is not democracy.And which one is two vice presidents?

actually if there should be more than one vice-president, it should be 6.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by MoIbrahim: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Skyfornia:
I'm not a fan of ONE NIGERIA but rotational president with a single tenure of 5 years will alleviate some of the agitations and problems in this country. We move!!

The earlier we face the things really dividing usbthr better for us all. And it has nothing to do with sharing of political offices to the looters. At that level ethno-religious differences don't matter anymore.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by JoeEeL(m): 7:04am On Mar 23, 2021
Dead man, pleaase enter grave peacefully.

Is this not the Nigeria you were saying must be kept ONE at all cost? What a fool! Your voice sounds like someone speaking underwater.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by butterfly777(m): 7:04am On Mar 23, 2021
sokera:
I am 100 percent sure you are Yoruba ... Must you famz Biafra?

I don't know what you mean by famz. But I know Oodua and Biafra are on the same mission, so why shouldn't we hold each other's hands.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by MufasaLion: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2021
This old slowpoke should go and rest his weak body somewhere!
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by kioski: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/gowon-pushes-for-rotational-president/amp/
This man shouldn't be talking again, he should rather be addressing what he brought upon his own people for self aggrandisement
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by favour32(m): 7:23am On Mar 23, 2021
Can we add to our democracy ?
Yes!
We are not refined enough to practice democracy like the white man.
Rotational President is good because we don't have one Nigeria.
If Nigeria was one,why quota system of cheating?
If Nigeria was one,why what is your state of origin?
If Nigeria was one,why educational less developed states have clear preferences of lower scores over others with higher scores during admissions in Universities and others?
We don't trust each other in Nigeria.It is a fact.
Let it be turn by turn between South and North.
I will not complain when I know it is not my turn.
If you claim rotational President is undemocratic, then let the North continue endlessly and see where the country goes...

1 Like

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Arinze624: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Gowon,, from the look of things, Condemn Oil�️ Dey Your head oh ☔ grin
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Osolo1(m): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2021
I keep wondering why all right thinking Nigerians somehow fall for the trick of "Northerners having the right to rule". I believe strongly in one nigeria,but the rest of the country must fight for what is rightfully thiers.The Almighty that allowed us to be merged together has a purpose for this, what is left is for all right thinking Nigerians to ask for good governance from whoever is currently occupying the leadership, however the notion that the northern politicians will keep ruling in succession is completely wrong and power has to be rotated for balance, this is the only way a multiethnic country like ours will grow,finally resource control or restructuring as some will call it is non-negotiable. My humble opinion.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Bornboy4: 7:46am On Mar 23, 2021
Yes.
Let our elder Statesmen help us appeal to the President to listen voice of the people.
The National Assembly members are only there to make noise and enjoy their 'legal' cash loot.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by ITguy20: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2021
It's well
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by captain247: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2021
All their interest is quest for power despite how they have travelled to other developed countries and see how parliaments are being formed and adjust. They will not prefer solution on how this country will pay her debt nor generate more Revenue. Rotate power kò circulate power nì.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Bluffly: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2021
VictorUSA:
See this old man. Rotational presidency is not democracy.And which one is two vice presidents?
He also said the Zone producing the president should produce one of the vice president. Very appalling suggestion. They want to make the other VP useless.
The idea of two vice president should even be thrown away. We want a Nigeria where no one is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by wink2015(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2021
I prefer confederal system or confederalism where the union is loosed.

Gowon should be talking more on devolution of the federal power.

Let each region face the resources in its own zone forget this sharing of crude oil money.

If you have gold in your state like Zamfara state or bitumen like in Ondo state.

You mine the resources and pay tax to the federal government.

NO STATE LAZY OVER THE RESOURCES IN OTHER STATE.

The north that is gifted in large expanse of land face agriculture including animal husbandry.

GUYS LIKE GOWON, OBASANJO ARE PART OF THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF THE COUNTRY AS THEY WERE THE ONES THAT SOLD THIS ONE NIGERIA SYSTEM which is based on the exploitation of other regions resources for the benefits of other less hard working zones.

Now the north want to go beyond the exploitation of crude oil in the south.

They want to establish cattle colony aka RUGA SETTLEMENT PLAN and WATER RESOURCES BILLS in the middle belt region and southern part of Nigeria which is already hitting the rock in the national assembly and in public discourse.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Onuoha1234(m): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2021
The conspirator PRESS of Nigeria pushed out GEJ and they are now rehashing what he suggested not long ago.GEJ will be remembered.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by strungcity: 8:07am On Mar 23, 2021
This man is a fool, he should behold the monster he created. instead of him to come out and do the needful by apolodizing for his role in the biafrain genocide his busy wagging his mouth.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by toye440: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2021
only those who know nothing about history would listen or follow this man. He is the architect of our problem.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by cardoctor(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2021
The rotational presidency has existed since independence and is rapidly spinning out of control. It's just about to roll off the table.
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by arantess: 8:14am On Mar 23, 2021
donbachi:
Regional presidents he meant to say.
both of you are mad
you are his spokesman now eh?
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by arantess: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2021
Skyfornia:
I'm not a fan of ONE NIGERIA but rotational president with a single tenure of 5 years will alleviate some of the agitations and problems in this country. We move!!
rotational for the 3 major ethnic groups or the over 200 that exists?
Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Mightyhaiz: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Goditto:

I vividly remember wearing the vest "on Aburi we stand" in 1967.

Re: Gowon Pushes For Rotational President by Adakintroy: 8:20am On Mar 23, 2021
No Victor no vanquish.

A term used when refering one oneself in accusation. Death of several millions put a person in a state of true reflection.

Could we have place our egos outside. Could we have reach a better compromise. We are educated men. How did we miss it so wide.

.no Victor no vanquish. We both got it wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Wins Bauchi Central Senatorial Seat / Adamawa APC Chairman, Ibrahim Bilal, Dumps Party, Joins PDP / Ikpeazu Declares ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.