Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF (659 Views)

Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Miyetti Allah: North Can’t Ignore South’s Decision On Open Grazing / PLO Lumumba On Border Closure: 'Nigeria Too Big To Be Threatened By Benin' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by November1857(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2021
2023: North can’t be threatened into submitting to separatist agenda — NEF

Says vacation order to northerners in South brainchild of opportunistic politicians
By Luminous Jannamike
The Northern Elders Forum, NEF, yesterday, described as unfounded the fear that the recent manoeuvre by separatists in parts of the country will threaten the North’s political fortune, ahead of the 2023 elections.

NEF’s spokesman, Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who stated this in a statement in Abuja, described the wave of irredentism sweeping the nation as the brainchild of some politicians desperate to occupy the highest office in the land.

He said:  “We have followed recent developments, events and utterances from many quarters, all of which suggest that our country is at a defining moment that will determine its fate and the security of all Nigerians for a long time to come.

“It is no exaggeration to say that our country has never been so threatened by a combination of weak and ineffective governance and a determined effort from many quarters to capitalise on this weakness to attack the foundations, which give all citizens and communities some comfort that we are not headed for almost certain, irretrievable disaster.

“It appears that many groups and persons, who have public standing, political adventurers and upstarts believe that it is open season to intensify attacks on the foundations of our co-existence through acts that provoke, frighten or otherwise cast doubts over the capacities of those who have sworn to protect the nation and citizens.

These groups’ activities suggest that they perceive a vacuum, which provides a perfect setting for questioning the legitimacy of the Nigerian state, its ability to fight against subversion and other acts of hostility and its commitment to uphold the rule of law.

The only voices being heard are those which demand the balkanisation of the country, or encourage dangerous politics and other acts that pitch some communities against others.

“The disturbing silence from responsible Nigerians and the capitulation of hitherto influential groups to politics of the gutter is creating a dangerous space, which further erodes the chances that a rational approach to the triggers to these provocations can be found.

The Northern Elders’ Forum recognises the historic opportunity for leaders, elders and other Nigerians who believe in acting responsibly to step up now and retrieve the country from imminent disaster.

“The forum restates its commitment to sit and discuss all the challenges facing the country with responsible groups and leaders.

“It understands that many of the provocations and threats are directly related to manoeuvers for 2023, as well as attempts to hurt and weaken the North by making it the culprit behind all manner of grievances, real or contrived. People who believe they can intimidate or threaten the North into submitting to their demands are grossly mistaken.

The North also wants a Nigeria, which addresses at least a minimum of its requirements, and these are many. Like all other Nigerians, it believes this country must meet particular and general interests, and no group’s interest is superior to those of the others.”

Baba-Ahmed, however, warned that Nigeria’s democratic process must not be made hostage to dangerous and shortsighted politics.

“There is a long way to go before 2023. There are politicians who think weakening the country is their best guarantee for achieving their goals. Groups which are floating irredentist agendas to blackmail others do not impress the North.

At the most minimal level, attacks on Fulani communities who live peacefully with communities in the South must stop.”

“No Nigerian should be threatened or ordered to leave any part of the country because it pleases other Nigerians that he does so. Elected leaders must rise to their responsibilities of protecting citizens and their property,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/2023-north-cant-be-threatened-into-submitting-to-separatist-agenda-nef/

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by JooJae: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2021
That one concern una

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Penguin2: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2021
As a critical mind, having considered all variables, I'm tempted to agree with Buba-Ahmd that the recent clamour for Oodua Republic is a brainchild of opportunistic politicians, nay politician.

I will tell you how...

Before now, of the strongest points of the South east for 2023 was that power coming to South East would douse the tension created by Nnamdi Kanu and the call for Biafran secession.

That argument was appealing and still appeals.

Now, some scrupulous individuals, nay individual, in the southwest who saw his ambition being threatened by such ambition felt there was need for Southwest to equal the Southeast's bargaining chip at the negotiating table, hence their sponsorship of the recent madness for Oodua republic.

The frog-eyed fool thinks we aren't watching. We know this game.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by BigSarah(f): 8:15am On Mar 23, 2021
This article is full of hypocritical statements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by warripekin(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2021
Una eye go soon clear. Restructure now or forget about your beloved Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 23, 2021
If other Geopolitical zones say that they are tired of the union, is it by force to continue status quo ?

Shebi we have 6 geopolitical zones and 36 states ?

If 24 states say they don't want one Nigeria again, or let every zone or region manage their resources ?

What sayest thou ?

Are you kidding me ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Nbotee(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2021
U can't b threatened into submitting to separatist agenda but Herdsmens/Bandits/Terrorists are wrecking havoc all over ur region but dat doesn't matter to U.. Instead of flexing ur muscle and baring ur fangs on them, U are hear raising clenched fists on other regions that U have been dragging backwards and oppressing

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Asgard13: 8:21am On Mar 23, 2021
Northern elders have passed the message

We know those tufaced diplomatic Sophistication.. thinking that they’re fooling Nigerians .. with their cunning spirit.

But still.. they’re not impressed

Many of them in southwest are ignorant ..
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Viicfuntop(f): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2021
angry

The only thing I want in Nigeria now is Yoruba’s secession from Northern Nigeria. I don’t care for the name of odua republic. I just want us to leave and it’s definitely going to happen regardless of how you town criers on mentikn feels. It might not happen in my generation or my children’s generation or my great grand children’s generation, but it will happen. Nigeria is a ticking time bomb. Yoruba Muslims with your sentiments, I assure you that the north(Fulani to be precise) do not recognize you as their own even with the same religion. My best friend is from kaduna and majority of my friends are Muslims and I still want us to leave. I will not have sentiments when my people ar being killed like chickens. Even chickens are killed once but they would go as far as striping the dignity of the person and still kill them. Are they fighting for allah or what is their goal? Please tell me, Fulani apologists?
You guys should go back and read history and you will realize Nigeria’s problem has always been northern Nigeria. I saw a clip on YouTube with a Nigerian kid and few other countries competing internationally in a debate. The Igbo kid spoke intelligently. The kid from gold coast(now Ghana) amazed me. No Yoruba was there. The clip is on YouTube. They could not be more than 16 years old. The time a northern kid represented Nigeria , that was when I came to the realization of Nigeria’s problem. It didn’t start today nairalanders. It’s literally been more than 70 years. The only thing the northern kid was spilling was how he saw Christians and Southern Nigeria as Infidels. He would not eat from the same bowl with a Christian. They are God’s chosen people. Lol. It’s really sad.

I doubt competition like that exists today where kids less than 18 would talk about national issues. Even the civil war ignited by Yakubu Gowon and Ojukwu, was actually triggered by this same northerners. Yoruba fanatic Muslims, drop your sentiments and think. If this people were to raid your home and kill everyone in your family, would you see them as Muslims first? Northerners are power crazy. They are master manipulators. I’ll give that to them. Start having foresight today because this happened in 1957 and it’s still happening in 2021. It will never stop unless we leave. There is South Sudan and Sudan today. Guess the reason for the secession, Religous conflict. Now after 10years of freedom from Sudan, take a look at both countries and see where terrorism is at the highest.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by BlessedNuel: 8:24am On Mar 23, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2021
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by saaron(m): 8:29am On Mar 23, 2021
warripekin:
Una eye go soon clear. Restructure now or forget about your beloved Nigeria.
Restructuring is completely useless. Do you want to share the country with fulani savages?
Total DISINTEGRATION is the only solution!
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by saaron(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2021
Let me repeat myself again. Middle Belt is not PART OF NIGERIA! We will NEVER SHARE A COUNTRY WITH FULA.NI SAVAGES.

Apart from terrorism, genocides and death, what does North have to offer? Why will any sane region thirsty for economic development want to be yorked with boko haram and fu.lani terrorists murderers? No one wants to live with terrorist babarians which the North repesents.

At this moment, Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria are not part of Nigeria!!! Let Northern elders get that into their terrorist skulls.

Absolute power belongs to the people, and the people of Middle Belt and the South have decide to detach from North - A haven of terrorists and merchants of DEATH.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by saaron(m): 8:34am On Mar 23, 2021
saaron:
Let me repeat myself again. Middle Belt is not PART OF NIGERIA! We will NEVER SHARE A COUNTRY WITH FULA.NI SAVAGES.

Apart from terrorism, genocides and death, what does North have to offer? Blood terrorist region. No one wants to be yorked together with terrorist babarians which the North repesents.
At this moment, Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria are not part of Nigeria!!! Let Northern elders get that into their terrorist skulls.

Absolute power belongs to the people, and the people of Middle Belt and the South have decide to detach from North - A haven of terrorists and merchants of DEATH.
FR.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Letthrmsay(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2021
Penguin2:
As a critical mind, having considered all variables, I'm tempted to agree with Buba-Ahmd that the recent clamour for Oodua Republic is a brainchild of opportunistic politicians, nay politician.

I will tell you how...

Before now, of the strongest points of the South east for 2023 was that power coming to South East would douse the tension created by Nnamdi Kanu and the call for Biafran secession.

Now, some scrupulous individuals, nay individual, in the southwest who saw his ambition being threatened by such ambition felt there was need for Southwest to equal the Southeast's bargaining chip at the negotiating table, hence their sponsorship of the recent madness for Oodua republic.

Some people will soon run enter market over their imaginary frog eye that is their 24/7 nightmare.E ma ke ku ni,igboe rara,lakere nke wodo.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by psucc(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2021
But why the forced union? Why will the north not accept separation?
It is time we look at SEPARATION as a panacea for a greater future.
Like Ojukwu said, United we (have fallen) fall, divided we stand.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by oneolajire(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2021
NEF is a confused forum.

Most northern leaders are lovers of evil and backwardness. They refused to deal with growing insecurity in their midst, their focus is on 2023 and the fragile "one Nigeria".

If USSR can break, Nigeria can break.

Northern leaders should keep breeding illiteracy, poverty, inept leaders, corruption, insecurity, child marriage, nepotism etc, and expect Nigeria to be better.

A time is coming when the northern Nigeria will beg the southern Nigeria to colonize them
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 23, 2021
Penguin2:

I will tell you how...

That's how you tell a loser in life. A loser always blame something or someone for his problems or failures.

Tinubu you Igbos will tell us is a coward afraid to speak is now also the sole sponsor of this current Oduduwa agitation against the North?

Nothing losers like you will not accuse BAT of. Una paranoia no be joke. Na disease.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Letthrmsay:

Some people will soon run enter market over their imaginary frog eye that is their 24/7 nightmare.E ma ke ku ni,igboe rara,lakere nke wodo.

Ko ye mi rara. Sheer madness. Tinubu was even responsible for last night's rainfall lol.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by BIGKemsey(m): 9:12am On Mar 23, 2021
Idi*ts
Why are you people so concerned about the unity of the country
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Resurrection212: 9:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Anyone that still think Separatists is a political threat need brain surgery.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Tumbulum: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2021
What can the so called NEF do if all the southern leaders come together and agree to leave the contraption?
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Penguin2: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:

That's how you tell a loser in life. A loser always blame something or someone for his problems or failures.

Tinubu you Igbos will tell us is a coward afraid to speak is now also the sole sponsor of this current Oduduwa agitation against the North?

Nothing losers like you will not accuse BAT of. Una paranoia no be joke. Na disease.

You are the one calling Tinubu, I didn't call anybody's name
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Racoon(m): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Nigeria is being threatened to the seems because of your son's nepotic and divisive pattern of government with terrorists threatening other ethnic groups all these ones are obsessed with is their political fortune.
Re: 2023: North Can’t Be Threatened Into Submitting To Separatist Agenda — NEF by Racoon(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2021
oneolajire:
NEF is a confused forum.Most northern leaders are lovers of evil and backwardness. They refused to deal with growing insecurity in their midst, their focus is on 2023 and the fragile "one Nigeria".

If USSR can break, Nigeria can break.Northern leaders should keep breeding illiteracy, poverty, inept leaders, corruption, insecurity, child marriage, nepotism etc, and expect Nigeria to be better.A time is coming when the northern Nigeria will beg the southern Nigeria to colonize them
I am telling your.Of all things bedevilling Nigeria especially from that region, all they are disturb about is a 2023 nobody is assured of.

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje’s Colloquium And The Race To 2023 By Shettima Mai Ungwa / Working With Ebube Agu Is Like Asking Lucifer To Mid-wife Birth Of Christ - IPOB / Re. Apga’s Rebirth: Sifting Facts From Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.