Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board (12897 Views)

Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Roe V. Wade Overturned By US Supreme Court / Mark Zuckerberg Restores Pres. Donald Trump’s Facebook And Instagram Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Tcwork: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
bluefilm:

Stop saying what you don't know.

What makes you think Mr Trump will build a strong social media company that can challenge social media heavyweights like Facebook or Twitter?

The best Mr Trump could do is just to make his usual noise and afterwards nothing will still come out of it.

Unless I don't know Mr Trump again!!!
First you don't know Mr Trump. It's not like he is your next door neighbor.
Second, this is a great time for anyone to float a social media company that does not involve itself in censorship. There is a huge market for that. That was what made plarler the fastest growing social media company earlier this year.

7 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by adebayo987: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
Facebook is now afraid. Trump just announced that he was going to create his own social media platform where he'd make his speeches and several companies has met him. Of course, we all know that if such a platform emerges, in a decades or so, facebook may be obsolete. You see, you just fired your ass thinking that you fired Trump. Now you're indirectly begging him.

8 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Kingspin(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
All those you ban Trump are fools righ now.

The guy is coming with Trump app.

4 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by bluefilm: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Tcwork:

Second, this is a great time for anyone to float a social media company that does not involve itself in censorship. There is a huge market for that. That was what made plarler the fastest growing social media company earlier this year.

The same Parler that was kicked off the web by Amazon, Apple and Google.

Building a strong and reliable social media platform that can challenge the likes of Facebook and Twitter is not a day's job.
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
Trump is smarter than these guys. So now wey he want create him own platform them don dey smell competition, them want appease am. Don't back down mahn! Bring it on I bet you they can't stand you.

6 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by uunwanaobong3: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
Thank u brother,it is not everyone that is a enlighten as u, everything democrat accuse republican of, they did it first. If breaching capitol is a crime,then BLM are terrorist for burning down federal court houses & police stations across america

[quote author=Tcwork post=100140017]
I beg to defer on a number of grounds.
1. Facebook cannot decide if an election was free or not.
2. If no one is allow to doubt or disagree with election results thanks to almighty Facebook, then it would be impossible for people in Uganda, Venezuela and many other countries to speak out.
3. Freedom of speech even if what you say is wrong, you have a right to express it.
4. Double standard's even in America. Stacey Abrams would tell you till today that the Georgian governorship election was rigged. yet almighty Facebook did not ban them or as much as fact check them.
5. black lives matter, powerful democrats have continued to undermine the justice system claiming systemic racism. If the justice system can be undermined,

2 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
justli:
That banned led to millions quiting the platform. They shouldn't bother, Trump is fine with the bane.

With all the ban, look at the sick clown they ended up electing. America has become a jock to leaders all over the world.

Just yesterday chinese diplomat told the american diplomat to her face that america is no longer in the position of strength to dictate to the world. A very loud statement.

Americans will regret the day they truncated their process to rig in a frail senile individual as president. They should have asked Nigeria how far
Which website can I find that news?
I mean the America vs Chinese diplomat
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Skymason20(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
abeg make una let trump create he social media make men beging boomb , facebook and ig done cast ... a real nigger will understand
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by madridsta007(m): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
fergie0o1:

Bloomberg

The former President's Senior Advisor, Jason Miller in an interview weekend, stated Trump will "redefine the game" by returning to Social Media "with his own platform."

Facebook and soon, Twitter, will have to bring President Trump back sooner or later.
For the following reasons.
1. Their ads, revenue and engagement are falling and failing. The numbers are pretty clear on it.
2. Biden cannot drive such engagement and revenue because of (a) it is Biden and (b) the Tech Giants, the media and their friends in Washington have prevented him from a Trump-like scrutiny.
3. If and when Trump builds his own platform, the revenue and engagement on Facebook and Twitter will fall further and they will have more inactive and docile accounts as Trump's massive supporters will jump ship.

It is always about the numbers, numbers and numbers.

6 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by uunwanaobong3: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

You see! You cant even found the news because the liberal cable networks like cnn, bbc and arjazira does not want you to see it, niether wil they allow you to see the immigrant crises at US- Mexican border. They all want to protect the vegetable biden who fell on airforce one stireway 3 time, of which i am very sure they didnt show it as well.

For the full video of what happen at the meeting go the chinese news site CGTN or you go to Foxnews or you browse Youtube.

United state is finished, and chinese can feel biden weakness and stupidity.

While china is controlling the world economy by investing in every country posible and leading in space race and mission to mars etc, ... America is busy with political hatred, racism, black live matter, censoreship, teaching critical race theory in school, immigration crises and cancel culture.
China wil overtake USA as number 1 economy in 2025

6 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by uunwanaobong3: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Which website can I find that news? I mean the America vs Chinese diplomat
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Poloyanabo2(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
uunwanaobong3:

You see! You cant even found the news because the liberal cable networks like cnn, bbc and arjazira does not want you to see it, niether wil they allow you to see the immigrant crises at US- Mexican border. They all want to protect the vegetable biden who fell on airforce one stireway 3 time, of which i am very sure they didnt show it as well.

For the full video of what happen at the meeting go the chinese news site CGTN or you go to Foxnews or you browse Youtube.

United state is finished, and chinese can feel biden weakness and stupidity.

While china is controlling the world economy by investing in every country posible and leading in space race and mission to mars etc, ... America is busy with political hatred, racism, black live matter, censoreship, teaching critical race theory in school, immigration crises and cancel culture.
China wil overtake USA as number 1 economy in 2025
Add homosexuality to America's engagements.
Russia is happy that its vassal- China is standing up to the US.

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Johnnyessence(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
truthfulparrot:
Facebook and Twitter are now jittery of the prospect of Donald Trump launching his own social media platform. Trump is a ruthless business man. I am sure he will soon launch his own Cable TV to payback CNN and other America media.
yes. trump is working tirelessly on that too. by the end of march or early April, trump social media site will be established.

5 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by TitanzStudio(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
royalamour:
grin Silly Zuckerberg is scared.
Dude is always afraid of competition.
Trump should go ahead and launch his own platform.
Facebook been behaving like a god lately.
Crazy bans on pages.
Impossible page name changes and all.
I done even hate the platform

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by TitanzStudio(m): 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
mcmbonu:
Like for Trump Share for Biden
Like eaterz
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Myself2(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
Xenry:
Trump will soon create a social media site that will rule the world of social media. Twitter was just fooling around when they first banned him. Smh sad

Exactly , don't mind Facebook. It's because they know Trump is about to set up his own social media platform that will rival Facebook, that's why they are scrambling to do damage control

2 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Tcwork: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
bluefilm:

The same Parler that was kicked off the web by Amazon, Apple and Google.

Building a strong and reliable social media platform that can challenge the likes of Facebook and Twitter is not a day's job.
Maybe, but that's why it's a great opportunity. I never said it would be easy

2 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Tcwork: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
Thank u brother,it is not everyone that is a enlighten as u, everything democrat accuse republican of, they did it first. If breaching capitol is a crime,then BLM are terrorist for burning down federal court houses & police stations across america

Thanks
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by StreetFight: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
Adakintroy:
We've past that now.

He will launch his own and half of America will be on it. We just waiting patiently. Me and my fellow igbos and my dog and my ex and my guy ochuks and my cousin.

Can't wait to tank Facebook and tweeter.

Imagine the arrogance. Ban a president from your paltform after him don make una blow scatter.

Buhari and his Fulani brothers dey rape, maim and kill your brethren, but you are not concerned. However, you are very much concerned about Trump. You need psychiatric evaluation.
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
chiokeman:
Trump is coming back big not as a social media user but as the owner of the most used social media

He has been in the entertainment game long long time before they born those small small rats Mark and Jack, He wan play the game with them lol, old sense

3 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by bluefilm: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
Tcwork:

Maybe, but that's why it's a great opportunity. I never said it would be easy

It's practically impossible.

Even Almighty Google could not keep up with their own social media platform G+

They had to end the platform when they finally accepted that they cannot compete with Facebook on that level.
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Tcwork: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
bluefilm:

It's practically impossible.

Even Almighty Google could not keep up with their own social media platform G+

They had to end the platform when they finally accepted that they cannot compete with Facebook on that level.
True Google failed but after facebook, we have had, Tik Tok, snapchat, even instagram that was bought over by Facebook, Reddit, LinkedIn aND pinterest.
Thank God none of their founders gave up and claim it was impossible like you just did.
What lesson can you learn from this? It's never impossible. I recommend you read innovator''s dilemma clayton Christensen. He used to be president of Harvard''s business school. It would widen your scope on the matter

2 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by dominusgai(m): 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
bluefilm:

Is it all about being on Trump site?

How will money that will sustain the site be generated?

Is Trump also planning on hiring coders and web managers who will keep the site running?

What exactly is so special about the proposed Mr Trump social media?

Okay, let me start. People seem to forget that Trump is a billionaire. He already has the money.

And contrary to popular believe, 50 million dollars will be more than enough to launch a social media site which while not as big, is as efficient as facebook. That is more than enough to hire coders, get your own servers and your own network.

2, the site making money. First of, there are numerous companies that will advertise on the platform for one reason and one reason alone. It will be an instant hit. At the moment, almost all the companies are against Republicans, that means they are actively looking for companies that support them to give their money. While other companies will have to compete for the left market, the competition for the right will be low.
The right knows that to advertise with them is to defy the democrats, and they will rally to ensure you remain in business. See Goya and My pillow, they are making so much money after the left trys to cancel them.

Did you see how fast Coke brought a white campaign to appease the Republicans when it came out they were hosting a program that encouraged their employees to be less white?

Another thing you guys seem to forget is that facebook makes most of their ad revenue from small business advertising. If Trump lunches a platform, majority of small republican Businesses will shift advertising to that platform. That is an instant 40% of their market gone. Believe me, Facebook does not want that.

Now let us go to the main thing. At the moment, a lot of countries are looking to reign in facebook. And twitter is looking at starting to censor world leaders.

Tell me, if twitter starts censoring world leaders, how long do you think it will take for the countries to start banning them? And how hard do you think it will take Trump to convince the likes of India to replace Twitter with his own platform?

So now we have Trump, that will
1) Have half of America flooding his platform
2) Have advertisers faster than any other platform can
3) Has the money to startup a platform
4) Has the power to influence a lot of country leaders.

The platform might not be as big as facebook or twitter, but it will not be destroyable like Parker. Coupled with the quick rate of it generating adverts, that means that in the next three to 7 years, it will have torn a sizable portion of customers from facebook to be able to go toe to toe with them and survive.

I almost forgot a last point, who says the social media has to be free. If Trump brings a social media platform where people have to pay 10 dollars a month to use, he will still have over 10 million users in the first year. That is more than enough to sustain the platform till it starts getting advertisers. That is 100 million in revenue every month. How fast do you think a social media platform can expand with that?

4 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Godbest(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
God bless you. You have spoken well. Infact I learn NEVER to bring politics into business.
Because you can never please politician. They don't have permanent friend and permanent enemy.
Imagine banning the president of your country, from your business because you support the opposition party.
What a foolish strategy.
Trump party will never forgive social media company facebook and co for this. Infact all republican state are drafting big bill and law, to tax facebook and co into bankruptcy....
As a business man never be political.

uunwanaobong3:
Using your hard earned successful business to play politics and wokism in order to pleased democrat party, pelosi and schumer is a bad idea ..... What facebook and twitter dont know is that the reason they are enjoying freedom without taxation, paying for content and not being cage by government to follow main media rules is because of republican party.
Now, they have manage to make enemies on both sides of the parties and international.
They should face the music and enjoy high tax and sensoreship under democrat and be ready to pay for all content on their site, and also face court case if they wrongfully sensore free speech, they should be ready for more open market competition.
I am giving both facebook and twitter 15 years to fold up. They have destroy themselve with politice and have lost support from republican.
Trump had 4 years to have destroy them BUT HE choses to keep them independent and free.
Any republican president that wil come will not be hesitant to destroy them with ease

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Godbest(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
Trump special assistant and business adviser has said the president is building is own social media platform.
And they are working to make it a 3 in one platform. Adding all the features of Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
He said the president is working hard on it

Tcwork:

2 Likes

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Adakintroy: 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
StreetFight:

Buhari and his Fulani brothers dey rape, maim and kill your brethren, but you are not concerned. However, you are very much concerned about Trump. You need psychiatric evaluation.

Ok God bless you bro and have a nice day. Say hi to your family.

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Godbest(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Oh, you know alot. You are full with wisdom. God bless you. Also, Trump already has 75million American that voted for him to join the new platform.
Naturally, we human are sympathize with victims. Trump is a victim of social media ban. So everyone will automatically join force with him.

Never forget that the republican control state have more money and resources than democrats control state.
Where the left is worry about climate change, the right is focus on expanding oil, mining, coal and all other natural resources.
I learn never allow politics into your business

dominusgai:

Okay, let me start. People seem to forget that Trump is a billionaire. He already has the money.

And contrary to popular believe, 50 million dollars will be more than enough to launch a social media site which while not as big, is as efficient as facebook. That is more than enough to hire coders, get your own servers and your own network.

2, the site making money. First of, there are numerous companies that will advertise on the platform for one reason and one reason alone. It will be an instant hit. At the moment, almost all the companies are against Republicans, that means they are actively looking for companies that support them to give their money. While other companies will have to compete for the left market, the competition for the right will be low.
The right knows that to advertise with them is to defy the democrats, and they will rally to ensure you remain in business. See Goya and My pillow, they are making so much money after the left trys to cancel them.

Did you see how fast Coke brought a white campaign to appease the Republicans when it came out they were hosting a program that encouraged their employees to be less white?

Another thing you guys seem to forget is that facebook makes most of their ad revenue from small business advertising. If Trump lunches a platform, majority of small republican Businesses will shift advertising to that platform. That is an instant 40% of their market gone. Believe me, Facebook does not want that.

Now let us go to the main thing. At the moment, a lot of countries are looking to reign in facebook. And twitter is looking at starting to censor world leaders.

Tell me, if twitter starts censoring world leaders, how long do you think it will take for the countries to start banning them? And how hard do you think it will take Trump to convince the likes of India to replace Twitter with his own platform?

The platform might not be as big as facebook or twitter, but it will not be destroyable like Parker. Coupled with the quick rate of it generating adverts, that means that in the next three to 7 years, it will have torn a sizable portion of customers from facebook to be able to go toe to toe with them and survive.

I almost forgot a last point, who says the social media has to be free. If Trump brings a social media platform where people have to pay 10 dollars a month to use, he will still have over 10 million users in the first year. That is more than enough to sustain the platform till it starts getting advertisers. That is 100 million in revenue every month. How fast do you think a social media platform can expand with that?

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by Tcwork: 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
Godbest:
Trump special assistant and business adviser has said the president is building is own social media platform.
And they are working to make it a 3 in one platform. Adding all the features of Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
He said the president is working hard on it

Good news for us all. More competition means better service to us

1 Like

Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by justli: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-3o-jBP7M

That's the YouTube clip. Because of media bias, you will have to dig deep and deep and you won't find any MSM cover such news...
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by bluefilm: 12:28am On Mar 24, 2021
dominusgai:

If such a business opportunity is there like you have outlaid it, how come no other billionaire has seized the opportunity to create a pro free speech social media platform that might be able to rival the likes of Facebook and Twitter?

Or is such a wonderful opportunity strictly waiting for just Mr. Trump and Mr. Trump alone?
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by panafrican(m): 1:13am On Mar 24, 2021
Would be a big mistake, because Trump and his confederate flag lovers want a civil war.
Re: Trump's Facebook Ban Likely To Be Overturned By Oversight Board by dominusgai(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2021
bluefilm:

If such a business opportunity is there like you have outlaid it, how come no other billionaire has seized the opportunity to create a pro free speech social media platform that might be able to rival the likes of Facebook and Twitter?

Or is such a wonderful opportunity strictly waiting for just Mr. Trump and Mr. Trump alone?

It is not just the opportunity that is needed for it to be successful, the person is vital as well.

No other billionaire can get 50 million people on their platform in less than a year. No other billionaire can get world leaders to make their platform the alternative in case Twitter is banned.

No other billionaire will give confidence to companies to stand with them and advertise with them knowing they will be cancelled.

No other billionaire can get 10 million people to pay a 10 dollar per month subscription fee in a year.

No other billionaire can get at least half of Republicans to switch to advertising with them in less than two years.

In battle, the general is as important as the artillery. If you have strong artillery and weak generals, you will lose.

Think about it. Trump says he wants to start his own platform and he made headlines for days.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UN General Assembly Rebukes US Embargo On Cuba / U.S. Orders Closure Of Russian Consulate In San Francisco / Senegal Election Results: Opposition's Diomaye Faye Leads Race For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.