Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? (939 Views)

Need Developers For A Fintech Startup / Come Become Part Of Something Big: Let's Build A Fintech Startup Together. / Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? by daddynasa: 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
Let's say you have an idea on a fintech product or any other product that requires licencing,

How do you get your product to the market considering the high amount for a licence from CBN (for fintech), a licence from Govt (may for ride-hailing startups) etc,

what are the NIBSS API available to developers or Banks API available to developers to develop custom solutions for the financial industry in Nigeria?

How do you get investors?

Can you launch an MVP to the market without these regulatory licences?

If you are a successful startup founder or you have any idea on this subject, kindly add your contribution.
Re: How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
You really do not need a Banks API to launch a fintech today. Paystack and flutterwaves have already done a bulk of that hard work. You can build your product around their API.

As for fundraising, fintech startups are all the rave now. Heavy funds are being raised left, right and center. PS, I am not a founder but I know some really powerful people in Nigeria's tech industry.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? by daddynasa: 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
You really do not need a Banks API to launch a fintech today. Paystack and flutterwaves have already done a bulk of that hard work. You can build your product around their API.

As for fundraising, fintech startups are all the rave now. Heavy funds are being raised left, right and center. PS, I am not a founder but I know some really powerful people in Nigeria's tech industry.
Thanks for your contribution. What do you have to say regarding the license

1 Like

Re: How Do You Start A Fintech Startup In Nigeria? by ojialo(m): 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
daddynasa:

Thanks for your contribution. What do you have to say regarding the license

(1) (Reply)

Programmers:who Has Looked Into Security Of Information Interchange / Are You A Web Programmer? / Snwin - Social Network Interface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.