Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Interview With Tonydoo Visuals- The Man Behind Best Photography School In Lagos - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Interview With Tonydoo Visuals- The Man Behind Best Photography School In Lagos (367 Views)

Best Photography School In Lagos Nigeria - Tonydoo Visuals Photography School / 3 Weeks Summer Photography School In Lagos By Nairalander Tonydoo Visuals / Nigerian Photographer Tonydoo Photoshops Himself With Rihanna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Tonydoo Visuals- The Man Behind Best Photography School In Lagos by Tonydoo: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2021
Interview with Google’s Number One Wedding Photographer in Nigeria — Tonydoo Visuals By a Texas-Based Medical Personnel Turned Journalist in United States of America
Vandamme X
Vandamme X
Jul 18, 2018·7 min read

This interview of The Number One Wedding Photographer in Nigeria — Tonydoo Visuals Proves To Any Young Boy or Girl Out There That They Can Reach for The Stars, regardless of Their Background

Interviewer: Good day, can we meet you?
Tonydoo: Good afternoon. My name is Anthony Aderinwale OLANREWAJU, popularly called “Tonydoo”
Interviewer: Can you tell us what the name “Tonydoo” means?
Tonydoo: Hmmn… Well…it is deeper than you think. But professionally, I’m called that because of my innate ability to get stuffs done.
Interviewer: What fuels your passion for Photography?
Tonydoo: Hmmn. Quite an interesting question! This is more of an interview question but I’d try to be open as I possibly can.
Lol, *sips tea*
Tonydoo: Okay, so basically it started about 5 years ago… I started out as a Digital/Creative Guy — designing graphics, Phootshop, building websites. So it got to a point in time when I would want to create a design involving some Nollywood movie posters with their images and I just wouldn’t able to find a picture of theirs online, which clearly communicates or represents the theme or title of the movie.

So this got me thinking and led me to discuss with my Boss then: Mr. Ade to get us a good camera for office use. After a few discussions, I was able to convince him and eventually when I did, I further suggested to him that we could actually be attending movie premieres, movie premieres and nollywood shows in order to get clear crisp images of the various actors and actresses in their different moods.
So fast forward to a few months later, my designs improved, simply because the images became clearer, sharper and became more meaningful to our target audiences.
Interviewer: Waoh! Ambition right there! From Nollywood to Hollywood. By God’s Grace.
Tonydoo:*cuts in* Hahaha… Hollywood. Lol. Amen ooo.
continues* We then monitored the insights from Facebook and then discovered more people loved descriptive and representative images on movie posters than just random images of their favourite actors. So this spurred me to do more and even greater.
Interviewer : I have to admit, your pictures are fantastic
Tonydoo: Thank you. I always wish I have more time to do even more. So as time went by, I adjusted to being the company’s Photographer, asides being the Graphics Designer. Despite not getting any official training on Photography as at then, I gradually improved, mastering the camera, its settings and a whole lot of other stuffs. I remember I would read up articles about Camera settings, read and digest the Manual that came with the Camera, watch Youtube Videos and so many others.

Then after a while, I started learning video editing in bits as well as Cinematography from a colleague of mine at the office. Great guy! The guy is now one of the fast rising video director in Nigeria as I speak. His name is Dayo Davies (Dubble Dee)
Interviewer : All these within a short time span? How did you manage to combine all these?
Tonydoo: Well, I would say that my ever growing will and determination to do more actually fuels and drives me to learn more and improve. Maybe because of the name: Tony*doo*. *bursts into laughter*
How about if I tell you that most of the skills I have today weren’t learnt from any formal school. I am a product of the“Self-Taught Institute”. I learnt about 90% of them on my own. The remaining 10% was probably at a seminar or short term trainings I attended later on.
Interviewer: You really deserve some accolades.
*quickly cuts in*
Tonydoo: Leave em accolades for now. Lol

Interviewer : Motivation, determination, strong will. All-in-one right there! I want to be like you when I grow up.
Tonydoo: You that you are already over grown already sef.
So that was how it started. I always wanted to make people happy, hence my hilarious,funny mode which you might find me in sometimes when I’m not doing any serious work. Or most times, when I am done with the tasks assigned to me or even when I have met some important targets.
Like I always tell my students, you can achieve anything you set your mind to in this world, provided you set a target about it. Targets are very important to achieving the unthinkable in this world. That is a discussion for another day. But because of time, I will spare you all that.
There is the God factor too, please never ignore that. I believe that you must first of all work hard, before you can safely say you want to pray about it.
I always wanted to make people happy when they see their pictures. I always want to make them appear beautiful in their pictures and make them see themselves as the best version of them available in the whole world when they are with me.
Interviewer: Now, that’s passion right there!
Tonydoo: Yesso. Passion, hard work and determination. Cos in reality, I see anyone who comes to me as a client or wants to be photographed by me as: “individuals who want to be photographed in a way that they have never been photographed before”
So I try to do something different each time. Each time, every time.
Interviewer: Waoh, I really admire the love you have for your job.
Tonydoo: Thank you Heph. I have so many loves. Lol. Designing was my first love, after which web designing crept in on me and then Photography.
Interviewer: I can imagine the look on your face right now.
Tonydoo: *smiling* Photography to me, actually seems to be the easiest for me though out of all these 7 skills or so which I’ve learnt so far. Though I think they may be more, I doubt I listed all of what I do. But basically that’s it sha… Lol
Interviewer: Capturing people’s moments with a camera, that’s awesome.
Tonydoo: I’ve given you an abridged version. Then, I love weddings.
Interviewer: I’ll be giving people injections! Lol
Tonydoo: You have a more serious work to do as compared to me. You will actually be wearing the shoes of a hero, trying to save lives and rescuing the human race from extinction.
Interviewer: tell me more about your pictures. I noticed there are more wedding images than anything else.
Tonydoo: Weddings give me joy! I honestly don’t know why! Many photographers on the other hand, would tell you that they don’t like weddings, because of the stress involved. But that is what I live for! Weddings give me life! I’ve seen it all!
I still can not fathom why I love shooting weddings so much. Perhaps because of the happiness on people’s faces when they receive their wedding pictures or wedding packages or the joy I derive in shooting beautiful brides.
Interviewer: now you are beginning to sound really motivational! I think your demeanor attaccts you to them. What else do you do asides shooting weddings (Wedding Photography) ?
Tonydoo: I work too.
Interviewer: What do you mean by you work too?
Tonydoo: I mean I have a 9–5 as well.
Interviewer: Woah! Are you serious? How do you manage to do all this and still combine an active 9–5? You work and you are a Photographer?
Tonydoo: Like I usually say, it’s all about setting targets! I work with a Digital Agency where I take charge of their Technology, Integration and Design Unit. Besides, I am the team lead of the unit and offer technological guidance to the department. We build websites, technology integrations, Search Engine Optimization, otherwise called SEO. Let me spare you the bring stuffs. Time is far spent.
Interviewer: You’re the total package in one! *hands up in the air smiley* *fire smiley*
Interviewer: Now on a final note, what do you consider as your best picture till date?
Tonydoo: Hmmn… best picture? Well… I would say… the one I am to take tomorrow. Funny as this may seem, I have photographed so many people within this few years of doing this Photography work. I have photographed President Olusegun Obasanjo, Davido, Tekno, Runtown, Reminisce and many more. The list is endless.

Thank you for giving a big chunk of your time to hear from me, despite your busy schedule.
Tonydoo: Thank you for having me.
Check out more images from Tonydoo Visuals

Runtown by Tonydoo Visuals

You can follow me on all Social Media Platforms
Our Studio Address: Palmgrove Lagos
Email: info@tonydoovisuals.com
Blog: http://www.tonydoovisuals.com/blog
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TonydooVisuals
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TonydooVisuals
LinkedIn:
Pinterest: Tonydoo Visuals
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Tonydoo_Visuals

(1) (Reply)

The Best Live Streaming Company In Lagos, Nigeria - MX Creative Studios / Canon 50mm Lens SOLD..!!! / Oh My God!!!? Is This really A Drawing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.