Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Is It Sacriledgious.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Sacriledgious.. (1653 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Sacriledgious.. by EgunMogaji2: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2021
...to use one of my Ducati tool set on my TVS okada?

Bike na bike abi grin

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by Kingdemu: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Na it's younger bro na. All 2 wheelers grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by sultaan(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
I hate the fact that after all the years you spent in the US our system does not allow you to bring back all your thing into Nigeria due to corrupt customs officials, when the law in all cases allow you to bring back your personal items when relocating back into the country.

If I have to sell all my things and come back to Nigeria after spending decades in the US with 2 50pounds luggage, it is not worth returning to Nigeria at any point.
Nigerians in US coming back with cash only to buy substandard items at more than double the price of genuine items, is not what we look foward to.

I look at south American and how the send their earnings back, no one is taking half of their earnings as tax and levy from someone who does not live in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by mufutau55(m): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
I dont see where he said he cannot bring his things into the country because of Nigeria system or custom officials. This is your assumption.

sultaan:
I hate the fact that after all the years you spent in the US our system does not allow you to bring back all your thing into Nigeria due to corrupt customs officials, when the law in all cases allow you to bring back your personal items when relocating back into the country.

If I have to sell all my things and come back to Nigeria after spending decades in the US with 2 50pounds luggage, it is not worth returning to Nigeria at any point.
Nigerians in US coming back with cash only to buy substandard items at more than double the price of genuine items, is not what we look foward to.

I look at south American and how the send their earnings back, no one is taking half of their earnings as tax and levy from someone who does not live in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by EgunMogaji2: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
sultaan:

Oh it's not a matter of not being allowed to bring in stuff. It's a personal decision to come home and live as a Nigerian without all the American accessories.

Now that I've been here for 3 years I plan on going back to the USA in a few months for the mother of all shopping sprees grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oh it's not a matter of not being allowed to bring in stuff. It's a personal decision to come home and live as a Nigerian without all the American accessories.

Now that I've been here for 3 years I plan on going back to the USA in a few months for the mother of all shopping sprees grin
NOW you have arrived grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by EgunMogaji2: 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
radautoworks:
NOW you have arrived grin

My plan is to fly into Seattle. Buy a used Ford Econoline cargo van. Weld some sort of lock on the doors and then leisurely cruise down I-5 to Los Angeles. I’ll stop at various Sears, Home Depot, Lowe’s, HarborFreight, on the way and load up from the clearance sections.

Then I’ll deliver the van to my shipping agent in Long Beach for shipping in a container to Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

My plan is to fly into Seattle. Buy a used Ford Econoline cargo van. Weld some sort of lock on the doors and then leisurely cruise down I-5 to Los Angeles. I’ll stop at various Sears, Home Depot, Lowe’s, HarborFreight, on the way and load up from the clearance sections.

Then I’ll deliver the van to my shipping agent in Long Beach for shipping in a container to Lagos.
LOVE it!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by mufutau55(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Good idea.
HarborFreight having a lot of sales on their tools lately.
I keep getting emails and flyers. Been shipping some small tools home from them. Give them plenty look-over.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by kingreign(m): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
mufutau55:

Good idea.
HarborFreight having a lot of sales on their tools lately.
I keep getting emails and flyers. Been shipping some small tools home from them. Give them plenty look-over.

Hajji M.

Do harborfreight sell tools to buyers abroad?
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by mufutau55(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
kingreign:

Do harborfreight sell tools to buyers abroad?

I don't think so.

https://www.harborfreight.com/

Hajji M.
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by kingreign(m): 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
mufutau55:

I don't think so.

https://www.harborfreight.com/

Hajji M.

Na to ask someone abroad (in US) to buy and ship on my behalf.
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by sultaan(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2021
Sears outlet

When you ship a fully laden E150, will you have to pay N1m to move it out of the port
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by EgunMogaji2: 8:00am On Mar 29, 2021
sultaan:
Sears outlet

When you ship a fully laden E150, will you have to pay N1m to move it out of the port

Could even end up being E350 or E450 cause I need one with the 4WD option as a company rig.

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by sultaan(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
The hi roof Transit have bigger internal space but because they are newer, cost a lot more.

A good inverter and solar panels on alibaba will also be desirable
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
sultaan:
Sears outlet

out of business
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Could even end up being E350 or E450 cause I need one with the 4WD option as a company rig.
these are work horses. Bought over a dozen between 2011-2013 and they are still on Nigerian roads

1 Like

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by radautoworks: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
kingreign:

Na to ask someone abroad (in US) to buy and ship on my behalf.
careful. Certain harbor freight tools don't last
Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by kingreign(m): 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
radautoworks:
careful. Certain harbor freight tools don't last
E still beta pass certain El-chinko tools.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sacriledgious.. by EgunMogaji2: 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
kingreign:

E still beta pass certain El-chinko tools.

They’re all made in China grin

(1) (Reply)

Brutal Gold Digger Prank W/rolls ROYCE DAWN / / Passat With A Golf 3 Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.