Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,186 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

Music Review Of 23 By Burnaboy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Music Review Of 23 By Burnaboy (152 Views)

Lady Whose Husband Was Shot By Burnaboy's Police Narrates What Happened That Day / Wedding Ceremony Of 23-year-old Suleiman Isah & His 46 Year Old White Lover / Download MP3: Odogwu By Burnaboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Review Of 23 By Burnaboy by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
23 by Burnaboy
The 4-minute track starts on rather calming cords with two-pieces of high and low notes from the piano per beat strike. The African giant quickly delves into the self motivating & self grounding track about the harsh reality of hypocrisy and fake friends with a sober comparison to Michael Jordan.
“The music make me feel I be Jordan”
He goes on to lay the song’s foundation along the drum-beats reiterating the rhythmic essence of Afrobeats with essential yoruba sayings like
“Gongo aso
Aye a gbo”
Just like Michael Jordan had a lot of doors closed on him, Burnaboy is telling his doubters
“Don’t gock on
Then come dey doubt am
So what’s the Jargon
It’s a mad one
Roll a loud one
Record my album”
But ofcourse he is on the 23 jersey and he is standing twice as tall with expressive confidence in words like
“Because the rhythm e plenty gan ni
Wey give me plenty money

I go be all I can be
Oluwaburna ma pa mi”
The song might have been influenced by “The last dance”, but Oluwaburna did take it personal and seemed to be addressing someone in words like
“Gave you my food
Then you talk say I chance you
Try to pick a picker man up
God pass you”
He ended with the high spirits that comes with the jersey number as he made his tall claims
“Defend me self
Me no fear no one”
Once again, Burnaboy reminds us that he is a big basketball fan as he had named a previous song of his 34. The song referenced Giannis Antetokounmpo who wore jersey number 34 for Milwaukee Bucks and a 2-time NBA most valuable player.
Damini Ogulu wants every listener to leave his affirmations of remaining the top shot & not compromising for no one.
With respect to the above he makes a spiritual declaration
“Holy water pin my head and my feet”
Aside from the very personal and relevant message, every listener should leave with the rhythmic beats that is occasionally tethered with the downing cords & the Yoruba undertones
“(Woro si woro)
(Koro ki loro)

(1) (Reply)

Spending Money On A Woman Just Because You Are Dating Her Is Foolishness - Reno / Issa Omojola Is A Force To Be MUSICAL FORCE To Be Reckoned With / Checkout!!! Celebrities Dress Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.