Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me (32163 Views)

My Alternator Fan Belt Of My 2002 Benz C200 Cuts Often. / My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? / I Want To Trade In My 2002 Jeep Liberty For A 2009 Ford Escape 4 Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sorry o. Please take it to a certified mechanic abeg. Since jamiu run me street I no trust mechanic again.

How person go dey drive na the car dey decide when he wan speed. No be lie. If I press throttle If he like he speed if he like he no speed. If E eventually speed E go be like say the car wan cum. As E dey jerk. Mo ya giveaway
is your gear, the gear is not cellecting.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by CsRockefeller(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
Twob:

Buy it, I can fix it for you while you learn on-the job. U can message me if you are okay by that

Will contact you.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by vikithor(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
kingreign:

Hmmmm.

Na this kind thing dey make sellers run buyers street.
If you don't trust a mechanic, why patronize him?
If you don't trust any mechanic, why not start fixing cars yourself?

Let's agree you buy the diff yourself, and and it is a faulty unit, why you go ask thr mechanic to test before you do? So your life is more important to you than the mechanic life is to him abi?

It's 2021, make we learn to dey do things the right way and let's learn to be humane biko.

No offense meant.
bro its normal and according to standing practice for cook or chef to taste their food before dishing out to others, wine mixers taste their drinks before sharing,mechanic must test drive his handiwork before handing key to the owner.
some drunks mechanic fixed my car's shaft and alternator belt,asked his apprentice to fix back my tyres,when I arrived, he boastfully asked me to go with my car in that it is 100% OK,I trusted him,driving less than a kilometer, back tyres began wobbling, before I park some bolts has screwed off.I called him and reported, he didn't show any remorse,was blaming me for not checking the car before leaving his workshop! I was burahrised,shocked and speechless! How am I to 'check' without test driving?

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
trilacos:
you have a 2003 jeep and he has 2002 highlander,what is the difference?how are you sure that he has not changed 70% of his own? Yet you accused him of opening his eyes to buy an old car,should he go and steal?some people are even saying that it's old,yet if we check,they might not even have a bicycle.if the OP has money to upgrade,he will.you don't have to rub it in his face.he know its old.
Now you are saying a totally different thing from D first insult,mayB you just realized he has been a pryk.
My Jeep is a project car as I like that sort of thing, if u go to my profile you will see this topic of a range rover 2012 https://www.nairaland.com/3241253/conversion-rhd-lhd-2012-range
However, this has nothing to do with money rather an Ideology. make Una get sense small
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
gonkin:

Nope thats not a chrysler. It's a toyota
you are right, I had to re-look at it lol, dunno why I thought the inside was a jeep
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
vikithor:

bro its normal and according to standing practice for cook or chef to taste their food before dishing out to others, wine mixers taste their drinks before sharing,mechanic must test drive his handiwork before handing key to the owner.
some drunks mechanic fixed my car's shaft and alternator belt,asked his apprentice to fix back my tyres,when I arrived, he boastfully asked me to go with my car in that it is 100% OK,I trusted him,driving less than a kilometer, back tyres began wobbling, before I park some bolts has screwed off.I called him and reported, he didn't show any remorse,was blaming me for not checking the car before leaving his workshop! I was burahrised,shocked and speechless! How am I to 'check' without test driving?
This has happened to me too, Some people are careless, I also had a very bad experience with someone changing the brake pad to my RRS and removed the bleeding screw,I slept shagamu for one night, it was leJeun3 and superrescue who came to my rescue, it would have been two days cos of someone not doing their job properly
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
Naijabazeline:
While on my way back home last night after getting my car fixed from the mechs, was approaching a junction so I tapped on break next thing I heard a loud “Gbim sound” my highlander lost control and faced back and refused to move.

I tried firing it didn’t move, I called my mechanic when he got there he checked under and told me it’s the axle attached to the propeller that broke. He removed the propeller then the car managed to move but at a very low speed. Has anyone experienced this on a 4 wheel drive before? And how to fix this pls help!
you called mechanic, he was able to detect the fault he removed the axle and manage to drive the car home then you come here to ask how to fix it
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
erico2k2:

This has happened to me too, Some people are careless, I also had a very bad experience with someone changing the brake pad to my RRS and removed the bleeding screw,I slept shagamu for one night, it was leJeun3 and superrescue it would have been two days cos of someone not doing their job properly
I lost my back tire yesterday to these useless mechanic attitude, just refused to fix wheel nut tight
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
I lost my back tire yesterday to these useless mechanic attitude, just refused to fix wheel nut tight
Since then I always check if anyone work on my tyres, life has no duplicate.I have now developed an OCD for that!
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by kingreign(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
vikithor:

No need to explain any further.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you called mechanic, he was able to detect the fault he removed the axle and manage to drive the car home then you come here to ask how to fix it
Tha one OFF me grin grin grin grin
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by kingreign(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
erico2k2:

You will be surprised but that guy actually made sense.Y'll buy a car of 20 years with your eyes open and expect it to function 100%, look let me be honest with you, at 150K Km the car m manufacturer would have asked you to replace more than 60% of all moving parts of that car. At 120k km, most manufacturers would have asked you to change ur timing chain/belt. oil pump, water pump, and loads more

PS.Sad part is, most guys will now replace that 20 years old part with another part from a 22 years old car grin grin

Stop shaking our tables.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
kingreign:

Stop shaking our tables.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by Twob: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Will contact you.

Okay
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by ksmart027(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
dancok:
is your gear, the gear is not cellecting.
Chairmo, how is our golf 4 doing?
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by FEGEITOK: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
erico2k2:

This has happened to me too, Some people are careless, I also had a very bad experience with someone changing the brake pad to my RRS and removed the bleeding screw,I slept shagamu for one night, it was leJeun3 and superrescue it would have been two days cos of someone not doing their job properly
it was who helped you out?
what are you really saying?
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by Commotfornigeri: 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
Martini101:

You don’t need to attack him, as he said the truth. If you can’t trust your Mechanic, why entrust him with your vehicles maintenance. Don’t let experience teach you this.

Even angels can be tempted, how much more a person?

Buy your stuff, pay for installation. What's wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
FEGEITOK:

it was who helped you out?
what are you really saying?
I have just checked your profile and seen that you are more in the Family. Romance and politics section, that explains why you do not know those two people o n nairaland.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by erico2k2(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

Even angels can be tempted, how much more a person?

Buy your stuff, pay for installation. What's wrong with that?
By doing so you won't get a warranty, this is a very good idea if you are buying a brand new genuine part not a used part.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by gonkin(m): 1:56am On Mar 26, 2021
erico2k2:

you are right, I had to re-look at it lol, dunno why I thought the inside was a jeep
I love the trackhawk. It's my dream car
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by AngelGangster: 5:09am On Mar 26, 2021
Which 1 you de drive ... ?
Jamesbally:

I know say NA CAMRY you Dey drive. When Una get small money come buy one CAMRY Una go come feel say Una don arive. grin Save better money, buy better Car, then come back and talk here.
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by Jamesbally: 6:03am On Mar 26, 2021
AngelGangster:
Which 1 you de drive ... ?

I no Dey drive motor na CAR (machine) I Dey drive. I NO BE POOR MAN, wey go dey drive Toyota.

Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by ekene101: 6:18am On Mar 26, 2021
xjiggy:
says a trekker.....
says someone that has been wearing ALOBAM polo since 2012..
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by ekene101: 6:31am On Mar 26, 2021
ksmart027:

Kids everywhere.
ancestors somewhere..
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by kingreign(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2021
Jamesbally:

I no Dey drive motor na CAR (machine) I Dey drive. I NO BE POOR MAN, wey go dey drive Toyota.
For your mind, Toyota na poor man's car yet, even a 2008 Land cruiser is over 10m for Nigerian used.

Better stop drinking burukutu.

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by weslay: 8:05am On Mar 26, 2021
Jamesbally:
Sorry. But Toyota na poor people mottor. If no be German machine, I no Dey drive any mottor.

So German cars don't develop mechanical issues
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by melviniyke2002(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Who can show/briefly teach/educate me how to know good brake pads and how to change them?

My brake pads are not sharp at all, they need to be changed asap but I don't trust these mechanics.

I want to buy the brake pads myself then get a mechanic to fix it.
https://www.nairaland.com/6475184/wagner-thermo-ceramic-brake-pads#100174349
Re: My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me by Jamesbally: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
kingreign:

For your mind, Toyota na poor man's car yet, even a 2008 Land cruiser is over 10m for Nigerian used.

Better stop drinking burukutu.

How many Nigerians own and drive a 2008 Landcruiser? The poor Nigerians who worship Toyota can only afford CAMRY, COROLA, Highlander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? / CNG Price Fall To N200/scm, Markerters Unveil More Stations In Lagos / The Evolution Of Mercedes Benz S-class Flagship (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.