Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

We Have To Fix LG Administration To Deliver Democratic Promises - Speaker Femi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have To Fix LG Administration To Deliver Democratic Promises - Speaker Femi. (275 Views)

Osun Assembly Counters Adeleke, Orders Status Quo On LG Administration / LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out / Speaker:femi Gbajabiamila Tours South East With 103 Elected New Lawmakers(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Have To Fix LG Administration To Deliver Democratic Promises - Speaker Femi. by Paschal2806: 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
We have to fix LG administration to deliver democratic promises - Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila

The Speaker of the House of Representative has said that for leaders to deliver on the promise of democratic governance, the local government administration must be fixed to meet its expectations.

Speaking at the 2021 General Assembly of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON), the Speaker said the House was ready to assist in making the local governments in Nigeria better through the instrument of the law.

"The local government administrations in Nigeria are the closest to the people. They should be responsible for making decisions and providing services that ensure the quality of life for the Nigerian people.

"Until we fix local government administration in Nigeria, we will not be able to fully deliver on the promise of democratic governance in a way that allows us to achieve our country’s full potential.

"This is the most critical and most important tier of government because you are the ones that are in touch with the people of Nigeria, I thought I have to be here irrespective of my tight schedule."

"I was pleased to see that you have chosen as the theme of this year’s General Assembly 'Strategic Positioning of Local Governments for the Future: A New Era.' This is an important topic that I hope will allow the General Assembly to develop a strategy that will enable stakeholders across government and civil society to collaborate more effectively to achieve necessary and long-overdue reforms of local government administration in Nigeria."

"Local government leaders must at all times strive towards a culture of service and the practice of excellence. You must respect the rule of law. Part of that means ensuring that the legislative arm of local government administration performs its separate functions without undue executive interference.

"For too long, we have avoided the hard conversations about our nation’s future. We cannot afford to do that anymore. I assure you all that the 9th House of Representatives will not waiver from our commitment to take whatever legislative actions are necessary to achieve the highest ambitions we have for Nigeria.

"I assure you also that we are ready to work with the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) and all stakeholders to fix local government administration in Nigeria once and for all."

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Street Boys Share Their Plights As They Fend For Themselves With Menial / 16 IPOB Members Killed In Clash With Police, Army In Aba / 2023: We’ll Never Be Manipulated Again, Nigerian Youths Vow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.